#COVID19 | Page 981 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Yeah if you look at the graph you posted above, look at our big spike between Jan and feb this year, and then remove a quarter of those deaths, we are still had a higher death rate than any other country on the graph.

It's incorrect to assume that the 25% is normalised over the entire period we have had covid. Maybe that period had 63% incorrectly attributed as dying of, not with?

We do. The ONS has reported this.
Are other nations reporting in the same way for comparison?

Even if they aren’t our death rate is still higher than theirs COVID has been an utter disaster & if saint Jeremy of Corbyn had been presiding over this the media would be going absolutely mental about it. 1000’s of people have needlessly died because of the butchers incompetence & his friends money grabbing.

There needs to be a proper independent enquiry sooner rather than later so the guilty are held accountable & to make sure lessons are learned NOW before another variant kills thousands more when it could’ve been prevented.

Even if they aren’t our death rate is still higher than theirs COVID has been an utter disaster & if saint Jeremy of Corbyn had been presiding over this the media would be going absolutely mental about it. 1000’s of people have needlessly died because of the butchers incompetence & his friends money grabbing.

There needs to be a proper independent enquiry sooner rather than later so the guilty are held accountable & to make sure lessons are learned NOW before another variant kills thousands more when it could’ve been prevented.

Theirs?

It's incorrect to assume that the 25% is normalised over the entire period we have had covid. Maybe that period had 63% incorrectly attributed as dying of, not with?
The Telegraph is lying to you Strett.
It was lying yesterday when you posted about scientists admitting there would be no third wave (they have said the third wave may happen in Autumn instead of Summer), and its lying about these ONS figures.
I posted the actual figures, have a look.

It was lying yesterday when you posted about scientists admitting there would be no third wave (they have said the third wave may happen in Autumn instead of Summer), and its lying about these ONS figures.

I've posted the graph showing the ONS figures

I've posted the graph showing the ONS figures
Yes, and I posted the figures too, copied directly from the ONS report that I downloaded. Because of the small current sample size, its around 23% this week.
As soon as you go back further it looks like its about 12%ish.
And even in those deaths, Covid could have been a huge factor than interacted with prior illnesses to cause death, so your graph's assertion that 23% of deaths were not due to covid is frankly wrong, and shows that whoever produced the graph doesn't understand what the numbers mean.
I have seen absolutely nothing that would convince me that this is a conspiracy to make the numbers look bigger than they are. Don't be convinced by the Telegraph's reporting, go look at the document.

Last edited:
The main reason for the drop in cases and deaths is clearly the restrictions. You only need to look at the graphs.
You know I hardly jump to defend him.
The vaccines help, of course, but take longer. Both are effective. Longer term, vaccines will do the job.
It doesn't seem to be that clear from looking at the graphs.
Sure, the original downturn in numbers was due to the lockdown, but the fact that numbers continued to decline very fast after the effect of the lockdown was done is encouraging. I think that within these numbers, we can see the effect of the vaccine.

It'll be easier to parse meanings from the data after a few weeks of restrictions being lifted i guess.

These mythical other countries that are deliberately & maliciously making the butcher look bad on purpose by reporting their death tolls which by whatever way you look at it are lower than ours.

Well they aren't are they.

Here is deaths ordered by population of countries...Capture.JPG

Whether they have it isn't the real test of the AZ vaccine though, is it?

It's whether they die from it.

We already know that none of the vaccines are going to be that effective against transmission of SA.

What we will learn from this outbreak is what effect AZ has on the death rate in a care home.

We currently don't know what AZ does against SA in terms of serious illness and death prevention. We'll know soon enough.

There are other factors like transmission, intervention cost, long Covid etc. It was more to highlight that mutations are still a concern and that caution is still appropriate given how porous our borders are. We still have the various Brazil variants, a new one in Nigeria etc.

There was a total of 9400 deaths in 2020 that were due to COVID-19 and were recorded without any pre-existing conditions.

These numbers are given quarterly and we will have the latest figures very shortly I would imagine.

There was a total of 9400 deaths in 2020 that were due to COVID-19 and were recorded without any pre-existing conditions.

These numbers are given quarterly and we will have the latest figures very shortly I would imagine.
When you say pre-existing conditions do you mean long term conditions?
What do these numbers suggest to you?

For context, almost a quarter of people in the UK have a long term health condition. If you add to that the number of people with short term conditions, i'm sure it would be absolutely huge.

For context, almost a quarter of people in the UK have a long term health condition. If you add to that the number of people with short term conditions, i'm sure it would be absolutely huge.

One assumes it means no known pre-existing conditions.

That number is based on the following...
  • Based on non-neonatal deaths due to COVID-19, rather than deaths involving COVID-19.
  • They exclude deaths of non-residents and records with ordering anomalies that affect judgement on whether condition pre-existed.
  • Some deaths will be counted twice if there was more than one pre-existing condition, therefore the total number of deaths will be greater than the total number of deaths due to COVID-19

That number is based on the following...
  • Based on non-neonatal deaths due to COVID-19, rather than deaths involving COVID-19.
  • They exclude deaths of non-residents and records with ordering anomalies that affect judgement on whether condition pre-existed.
  • Some deaths will be counted twice if there was more than one pre-existing condition, therefore the total number of deaths will be greater than the total number of deaths due to COVID-19
9400 deaths of completely healthy people is actually a very worrying amount. I'm just not sure what you're getting at...
We already know that Covid is more of a killer to people with pre-existing conditions, and we know that we can't just ignore it on that basis given that 20-25% of people in the country have a pre-existing condition.

9400 deaths of completely healthy people is actually a very worrying amount. I'm just not sure what you're getting at...
We already know that Covid is more of a killer to people with pre-existing conditions, and we know that we can't just ignore it on that basis given that 20-25% of people in the country have a pre-existing condition.

Not getting at anything, just an interesting stat.

You are quite correct about the figures not being up at 23% for all, that was only the last week(s).
Generally it appears to be about 10-15%

Well they aren't are they.

Here is deaths ordered by population of countries...View attachment 47603

Some real big hitters above us there duck not like their elderly had to go through a truly horrific civil war or utterly repressive communist regimes

So apart from Narnia, Westeros & Italy you think we’ve done really well & should be planning statues for the butcher & Hancock & should just brush everything under the carpet & move on.

Dearie dearie me