#COVID19 | Page 911 | Vital Football

#COVID19

On a side topic. Does suspension really play into the antivaxers? I would have thought they would make more capital from pressing on regardless. Surely stopping to check should be reassuring. I don't know because I can't see into their heads. Obviously troublemakers will snipe either way.

I can see no other endgame. The Pfizer has very similar clottage* numbers as the AZ. People must be aware of this and it wont be a huge leap for people with the propensity to believe woo.

*Not sure if that is an actual word, but I like it.

It's a weird world.

Wasn't keen on Brexit, and our government could be accused of causing thousands of needless covid deaths, but just now they're sitting pretty.

We carry on vaccinating, cases keep coming down, and everything's rosy. In Europe, they're worrying about our vaccine while a third wave engulfs them, and generally lagging behind with vaccination.

Almost like we're starting to muddle through.

It's a weird world.

Wasn't keen on Brexit, and our government could be accused of causing thousands of needless covid deaths, but just now they're sitting pretty.

We carry on vaccinating, cases keep coming down, and everything's rosy. In Europe, they're worrying about our vaccine while a third wave engulfs them, and generally lagging behind with vaccination.

Almost like we're starting to muddle through.
126,000 deaths so far.
Wouldn't describe that as everything being rosy, nor the government "sitting pretty". Many were avoidable. Much of the economic damage was avoidable. All without the need for hindsight.

126,000 deaths so far.
Wouldn't describe that as everything being rosy, nor the government "sitting pretty". Many were avoidable. Much of the economic damage was avoidable. All without the need for hindsight.

Point of order. Government(s).
The governments of the U.K. are collectively responsible for 126,000 deaths.
Westminster is responsible for the vaccine procurement.
There is a hint of massaging the stats there.

Not wishing to be alarmist, nor to be Anti-Vax, but in regards to the AZ vaccine, I know quite a few people, myself included, who have been pretty sick after having it. In my case I was far worse with the vaccine than the actual virus.

What is more concerning is I have just learnt that a friend died last week of a blood clot. Mid 50's fit and healthy, I'm not aware of any medical conditions. The person had the AZ vaccine two days before she died.

Who knows if there is a link, it would be irresponsible to suggest there was until the PM has been concluded.
But I also think it has to be recognised that there may be a link and it maybe problematic for certain people.

126,000 deaths so far.
Exactly what I said - 'Wasn't keen on Brexit, and our government could be accused of causing thousands of needless covid deaths'.

I also said that JUST NOW our government is sitting pretty (in terms of covid response rather than the economic side of Brexit). Not saying they deserve it or will still look so good if there's ever a thorough inquiry.

Not wishing to be alarmist, nor to be Anti-Vax, but in regards to the AZ vaccine, I know quite a few people, myself included, who have been pretty sick after having it. In my case I was far worse with the vaccine than the actual virus.

What is more concerning is I have just learnt that a friend died last week of a blood clot. Mid 50's fit and healthy, I'm not aware of any medical conditions. The person had the AZ vaccine two days before she died.

Who knows if there is a link, it would be irresponsible to suggest there was until the PM has been concluded.
But I also think it has to be recognised that there may be a link and it maybe problematic for certain people.

That’s terrible news. Sorry to hear that.

Side effects with AZ do anecdotally seem worse than the Pfizer, with greater risk of these effects if you have had the virus previously.

Also anecdotally taking paracetamol for 24 hours before and after, reduces the symptoms.

The feckless handling of AstraZeneca’s vaccine has fed alarmism about vaccinations in general and played to the anti-vaxxers.

This is worrying for France in particular, The jab suspension makes it even more likely that Macron will lose the political gamble of his presidency.

He defied scientific advice in January and refused to impose another lockdown, arguing that every week of delay was a week gained for society and economic recovery. More alarmingly it was also a week gained for the British, South African, and Brazilian variants to get a grip there.

Paris has reached saturation of critical care beds. Patients are being shipped out to the regions. There will soon be Covid TGV trains to Bordeaux!!
This cannot be sugar coated, the EU vaccine saga has degenerated into the most abject spectacle of EU misgovernment in a generation.

Despite some rubbish you talk aout, one has to agree with much of this. However. its a France/French thing, just because they are in the EU they don't lose national identity and characteristics , the French will be French, the Spanish Spanish etc Its mainly about free trade and movement after all, not dictatorship

Exactly what I said - 'Wasn't keen on Brexit, and our government could be accused of causing thousands of needless covid deaths'.

I also said that JUST NOW our government is sitting pretty (in terms of covid response rather than the economic side of Brexit). Not saying they deserve it or will still look so good if there's ever a thorough inquiry.
I noticed they refused to diviluge thier cronies to Panorama the other night. Its actually a scandal in itself.

Does anybody remember a more miserable time than now? Everything is utterly utterly miserable in every aspect.

Lockdown fatigue is becoming unbearable for those that continue to work and even worse for those that have lost their jobs.

The endless talk of everybody apparently being racist, or a transphobe or privileged or sexist or just everybody generally arguing or looking to fall out with people is just absolutely draining. It’s becoming a really nasty depressing society where social media has just become a platform to look for hate in everything and people. Generalising people for things that we spent years trying not to do.

I can only put it down to boredom and hope it changes once people are able to go out and see each other again.

Life at the moment just feels totally unfair in every aspect and I just wish people would back the fuck off one another.

That’s terrible news. Sorry to hear that.

Side effects with AZ do anecdotally seem worse than the Pfizer, with greater risk of these effects if you have had the virus previously.

Also anecdotally taking paracetamol for 24 hours before and after, reduces the symptoms.

look at the side efects with cancer treatment, I don't see people publicaly recommending that people should avoid treatment... (Tho there may well be validity to that argument somewhat in some cases.)

100's of billions invested in cancer research, id hardly heard of it as a kid. now they say 1 in 2 folk may get it? How did that happem inside 50 years?

Does anybody remember a more miserable time than now? Everything is utterly utterly miserable in every aspect.

Lockdown fatigue is becoming unbearable for those that continue to work and even worse for those that have lost their jobs.

The endless talk of everybody apparently being racist, or a transphobe or privileged or sexist or just everybody generally arguing or looking to fall out with people is just absolutely draining. It’s becoming a really nasty depressing society where social media has just become a platform to look for hate in everything and people. Generalising people for things that we spent years trying not to do.

I can only put it down to boredom and hope it changes once people are able to go out and see each other again.

Life at the moment just feels totally unfair in every aspect and I just wish people would back the fuck off one another.

Ive mentioned before that it hasnt affected my personal lifestyle so it didnt affect me in that wellbeing sense. However, even I have had enough now, I think moreso on behallf of everybody else. I want everyone else to feel good and feel safe again.

In this meantime, yeahh its depressing somewhat. Ive tried to be consciously less confrontational in some ways. Just say summat nice or dont say it so I fight that stuff mentally. Its still tough tho, there really is so much divide and we dont have genuine debates where one side ever changes thier mind. Weve kinda gone backwards as western democratic countries

Financially its really dmaged us.. I just try and keep money and state of mind as unrelated things

Despite some rubbish you talk aout, one has to agree with much of this. However. its a France/French thing, just because they are in the EU they don't lose national identity and characteristics , the French will be French, the Spanish Spanish etc Its mainly about free trade and movement after all, not dictatorship

finalité politique

Could not agree more with that

I think i hit my "wall" this weekend in terms of lockdown. Utterly, utterly fucked off with not being able to do anything or go anywhere with my kids. So pissed off at how much they have lost

Could not agree more with that

I think i hit my "wall" this weekend in terms of lockdown. Utterly, utterly fucked off with not being able to do anything or go anywhere with my kids. So pissed off at how much they have lost

Yep think we’re hitting the same timeframes. Absolutely end of my tether with it mentally. Work is stressing me out so much and I’m struggling to stay motivated despite moving to a new company and starting remotely. It’s so busy.

It’s becoming so Fucking unreasonable to be stressed from work whilst not being able to do anything remotely enjoyable.

I know of a few who have been a bit under the weather after the jab too. On the whole it is a sign that your immune system is kicking into action.

Very sorry to hear about your friend, Feco. This sort of case is exactly what they will be monitoring in great detail.

Meanwhile in Poland...

“Most countries that have temporarily suspended (AstraZeneca) vaccinations have given in to panic caused by media-fuelled information about alleged complications”
“In my opinion, it is possible that we are dealing with a planned disinformation campaign and a brutal fight by medical companies, possibly supported by the countries in which these companies are registered”
“I am convinced that many of them will soon return to vaccinations using AstraZeneca.”

Michał Dworczyk, PMs chief of staff.