#COVID19 | Page 910 | Vital Football

#COVID19

The UK’s economy will be 23pc larger than that of France by 2035, the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) predicts.

Historically, French output was higher than the UK’s for much of the postwar period, until the situation was reversed in recent decades.

Whilst any rational person would take that with a pinch of salt, there are some big points missing. Comparing to France is not what it is about, France is part of the EU and the EU is trying to raise 20 odd countries to a more equal status, so growth in larger ones will naturally be slower and higher in poorer ones. The comparison HAS to be with the EU as a whole

But that totally depends on ones definition of success obviously. If your definition of sucess is equal and proportionate update of vacinnes by every single country in the world all at a profit free deal then it isnt a success is it, its an abject failure. One of power grabs and cronyism. Its a bit like watching the movie Wall Street and thinking this is great for everybody.
Brittain furst

You asked me for an analysis that shows there will be no economic downturn, not a comparison with if we had remained. lol, honestly dude.

And it didn't do that, do you genuinely not understand or is this your usual trolling? You'll notice it said despite Brexit...

And it didn't do that, do you genuinely not understand or is this your usual trolling? You'll notice it said despite Brexit...

Eh, you asked me to show you any analysis that suggests there won't be an economic downturn, here look...

Also nonsense to suggest there won't be an economic downturn because of Brexit. Show me any analysis that suggests otherwise. Your figures are also worthless unless you have a comparison figure for if we had remained.

I did exactly what you asked.

Stop trolling, unless you genuinely didn't understand what you asked of me, which given your recent posts with Pope, is not beyond fantasy.

Holy shit, this is terrible...

Merkel's government at war over AstraZeneca 'disaster' as EU vaccine chaos deepens.

Italy's medicines authority says suspension was 'political' as anger grows in Berlin over delay to vaccination program.

A crisis threatens to engulf Angela Merkel’s government over her decision to suspend use of the AstraZeneca vaccine along with 15 other EU countries, which the Italian medicines regulator admitted was a “political decision”.

There was fury in Berlin after Germany on Monday joined France, Italy and Spain in stopping the roll-out of the vaccine, until the results of a European Medicines Agency (EMA) probe into blood clots caused by the jab on Thursday.

Germany’s national disease centre warned that the country is now in a third wave and facing an exponential rise in cases that could see it break previous records by Easter.

Mrs Merkel’s closest ally, the Bavarian regional leader Markus Söder, made his feelings clear, telling German television he was ready to take the vaccine “immediately”.

Her main coalition partners, the Social Democrats (SPD) publicly condemned the decision as a “U-turn” that suggested the government has “no clear policy”. Germany, France and the Netherlands all said the vaccine was safe last week before later suspending the jabs.

One senior SPD politician went further, describing the move as a “disaster” and calling on the health minister, Jens Spahn, to resign. The opposition Free Democrat Party called for an inquiry and said Mrs Merkel’s government had “unnecessarily endangered human lives”.

“The bottom line, sadly, is that this good and effective vaccine is not being accepted by the public in many countries because of the row and the suspension,” said Frank Ulrich Montgomery, the German head of the World Medical Association.

Thousands of Germans were informed that their appointments for the jab had been cancelled because of the suspension, leaving them with no idea when they will be vaccinated. There is now talk of people who have received one AstraZeneca jab needing to start again and be given two jabs of a rival vaccine.

The Institute for the German Economy warned that suspending use of the vaccine for just one week could cost the German economy €2bn (£1.7bn), as Germany prepares for September elections for a successor to Mrs Merkel.

On Tuesday Belgium’s health minister attacked the EU suspensions as “irresponsible”.

Poland has also refused to delay use of AstraZeneca. Michal Dworczyk, the Polish prime minister's chief of staff told the Polish Press Agency, "In my opinion, it is possible that we are dealing with a planned disinformation campaign and a brutal fight of medical companies."

The UK has had one case of thrombosis in 11 million AstraZeneca vaccinations and British scientists have described the suspensions as “baffling”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...nt-war-astrazeneca-disaster-eu-vaccine-chaos/

It baffles me too.

However, you have definitely highlighted the wrong bit. Obviously people have their appointments cancelled or postponed if the jabs are suspended. Do you think they should turn up anyway? And "There is talk of.." doesn't breed confidence in its veracity; I doubt that scenario will happen because it will be back online soon.

More intriguing by far is this part:
Polish prime minister's chief of staff told the Polish Press Agency, "In my opinion, it is possible that we are dealing with a planned disinformation campaign and a brutal fight of medical companies."
By who? We await evidence.

Also, the EU bashing doesn't really work too well if the EMA say it is fine but individual nation states (all slaves to the EU) are making individual decisions.
The EMA are absolutely right to conduct follow up investigations of deaths after the vaccine. In all likelihood they will dismiss them very soon - no reason not to. In the meantime they stand by the decision to approve the vaccine.

It baffles me too.

However, you have definitely highlighted the wrong bit. Obviously people have their appointments cancelled or postponed if the jabs are suspended. Do you think they should turn up anyway? And "There is talk of.." doesn't breed confidence in its veracity; I doubt that scenario will happen because it will be back online soon.

More intriguing by far is this part:
Polish prime minister's chief of staff told the Polish Press Agency, "In my opinion, it is possible that we are dealing with a planned disinformation campaign and a brutal fight of medical companies."
By who? We await evidence.

Also, the EU bashing doesn't really work too well if the EMA say it is fine but individual nation states (all slaves to the EU) are making individual decisions.
The EMA are absolutely right to conduct follow up investigations of deaths after the vaccine. In all likelihood they will dismiss them very soon - no reason not to. In the meantime they stand by the decision to approve the vaccine.

The EU public sphere should not be underestimated.
France has decided to to suspend the AZ jab in part because Germany did. A French minister has said "[had we not suspended] we would have had three days of stress after the German decision."

So the French didn't fancy the "stress" of being leant upon by Germany? Despite following EMA guidance? hmmm.

In any case, I thought it was that little Napoleon's fault, trying to undermine the British vaccine in favour of a more stylish and patriotic Parisienne alternative?

The feckless handling of AstraZeneca’s vaccine has fed alarmism about vaccinations in general and played to the anti-vaxxers.

This is worrying for France in particular, The jab suspension makes it even more likely that Macron will lose the political gamble of his presidency.

He defied scientific advice in January and refused to impose another lockdown, arguing that every week of delay was a week gained for society and economic recovery. More alarmingly it was also a week gained for the British, South African, and Brazilian variants to get a grip there.

Paris has reached saturation of critical care beds. Patients are being shipped out to the regions. There will soon be Covid TGV trains to Bordeaux!!
This cannot be sugar coated, the EU vaccine saga has degenerated into the most abject spectacle of EU misgovernment in a generation.

So the French didn't fancy the "stress" of being leant upon by Germany? Despite following EMA guidance? hmmm.

In any case, I thought it was that little Napoleon's fault, trying to undermine the British vaccine in favour of a more stylish and patriotic Parisienne alternative?

Yes and yes :-)

Is he smaller than Napoleon, who was not as short as legend has him?

The feckless handling of AstraZeneca’s vaccine has fed alarmism about vaccinations in general and played to the anti-vaxxers.

This is worrying for France in particular, The jab suspension makes it even more likely that Macron will lose the political gamble of his presidency.

He defied scientific advice in January and refused to impose another lockdown, arguing that every week of delay was a week gained for society and economic recovery. More alarmingly it was also a week gained for the British, South African, and Brazilian variants to get a grip there.

Paris has reached saturation of critical care beds. Patients are being shipped out to the regions. There will soon be Covid TGV trains to Bordeaux!!
This cannot be sugar coated, the EU vaccine saga has degenerated into the most abject spectacle of EU misgovernment in a generation.
I think you need to hold your hands up here and take some responsibility because Petit Manu must have been reading your posts.

This cannot be sugar coated, the EU French vaccine saga has degenerated into the most abject spectacle of EU French misgovernment in a generation.

On a side topic. Does suspension really play into the antivaxers? I would have thought they would make more capital from pressing on regardless. Surely stopping to check should be reassuring. I don't know because I can't see into their heads. Obviously troublemakers will snipe either way.