#COVID19 | Page 762 | Vital Football

#COVID19

You clearly stated no frontline staff would be vaccinated this year [2020] I stated they would, you kept arguing, even in the teeth of evidence you doubled down.
You then tried to change your post suggesting you meant something else and argued on that front.

Why?

No I didn't, I explained the small exception group of at high risk. Are you so stupid you don't remember that? Twas you who kept arguing they would be.

No I didn't, I explained the small exception group of at high risk. Are you so stupid you don't remember that? Twas you who kept arguing they would be.

Er “NO NHS staff will be vaccinated this year”

let’s leave it. Draw a line and move on. Say no more about it. OK?

Er “NO NHS staff will be vaccinated this year”

let’s leave it. Draw a line and move on. Say no more about it. OK?

And then clarified because you are incapable of seeing the whole. You do exactly the same with all your posts. Cheryl pick a tiny win and brush everything else under the carpet

But sure...

No, it was an issue with the database access.
Choose to believe me if you want, I live with a person who is working on this, but figures at lunchtime show over 300,000 doses in the last 24 hours; that rate going forward is now over 2 million per week.
I'm not arguing with you, just stating what is being reported in the media.

I don't claim any special knowledge

Anyone know EXACTLY what "60% effective" means though ? There is a major difference between 60% being immune and 40% having no difference, or the vaccine reducing the effects of the illness by 60% in everyone, which could take most people away from the risk of being hospitalised. My understanding is that after one jab, very few people (if anyone ) were hospitalised in the trials ?? The latter 60% certainly wouldn't be "meh".

Interesting bit from the Telegraph which may tie in with what I put above. From an article saying that Israel has reported that the first jab may only be 33% effective.

Experts also warned that protection against picking up Covid may be less important than finding out whether it stops hospitalisation and deaths.
Although most trials were not powered to determine that, the early data suggests that some vaccines offer blanket protection against the kind of severe disease that leads to fatalities.

Interesting bit from the Telegraph which may tie in with what I put above. From an article saying that Israel has reported that the first jab may only be 33% effective.

Experts also warned that protection against picking up Covid may be less important than finding out whether it stops hospitalisation and deaths.
Although most trials were not powered to determine that, the early data suggests that some vaccines offer blanket protection against the kind of severe disease that leads to fatalities.
Stopping the hospitals being swamped has been the number one priority from day one. I wouldnt take a lot of convincing that it was the number one priority of the vaccine given that actually copping a dose is no big deal for the majority of the population. A heartless calculation i will admit but non the less true.

2 million vaccines in the last seven days (285,000/day); fantastic job.

Challenges are now presenting themselves; the floods will cause logistical problems of people getting to the sites.

Awful. An old friend of mine passed away today with covid because of compromised immunity from chemo.
The Mrs says that the mortality in care homes is terrible and the numbers are truly upsetting.

The silver lining is positive infection rates are falling.
38,000 today, 33,000 yesterday.

Tell me how I'm reading that wrong and where the good news lies, because I really want to hear it

And Mr Johnson thanks God every day that people such as yourself are focusing on that minority rather than his dithering and abysmal decision making
Unreal! I've been very vocal about Johnson and this nasty Tory govt long before Covid.. Yet I get criticised for mentioning those that aren't following any rules.

I'd forgotten it's all my fault that we've a Tory govt.
Nothing to do with the media propping up these nasty b@stards since 2010.

FFS!

Funny story- COVID testing of pupils in schools- the rules have actually changed twice in 24 hours.

Last night apparently plans were dropped to test pupils daily. That's great, because not one of us were aware that was the plan in the first place- the detailed government guidance zip file and the hours of training videos never said anything about daily.

At lunchtime the plan changed again with an email from Gav. I have to admit, I don't even know what we are doing with the students now. Not testing them it seems, unless they have been a close contact of someone who is positive AND they have parental consent. Currently our school have around a 20% consent rate.

Staff however are now being tested twice a week, which is a vile experience. It is also worthless at the moment since most staff are only physically in oncd a week or once a fortnight, so only those of us going in every day have the pleasure.

I am officially negative again today though

Funny story- COVID testing of pupils in schools- the rules have actually changed twice in 24 hours.

Last night apparently plans were dropped to test pupils daily. That's great, because not one of us were aware that was the plan in the first place- the detailed government guidance zip file and the hours of training videos never said anything about daily.

At lunchtime the plan changed again with an email from Gav. I have to admit, I don't even know what we are doing with the students now. Not testing them it seems, unless they have been a close contact of someone who is positive AND they have parental consent. Currently our school have around a 20% consent rate.

Staff however are now being tested twice a week, which is a vile experience. It is also worthless at the moment since most staff are only physically in oncd a week or once a fortnight, so only those of us going in every day have the pleasure.

I am officially negative again today though

It's a well choreographed mess. I assume these are the lateral flow.
We're seeing if we can have them at our firm, we currently have 20 employees off with it.

It's a well choreographed mess. I assume these are the lateral flow.
We're seeing if we can have them at our firm, we currently have 20 employees off with it.
Yes, Lateral flow. The readout looks like a pregnancy test.

We tried to order more this week only to find that a reordering service doesn't seem to exist yet

Unreal! I've been very vocal about Johnson and this nasty Tory govt long before Covid.. Yet I get criticised for mentioning those that aren't following any rules.

I'd forgotten it's all my fault that we've a Tory govt.
Nothing to do with the media propping up these nasty b@stards since 2010.

FFS!

No you haven't lol you're vocal about Starmer and barely say a word about Johnson. Most people suspect you're a Tory plant now. Even Stret is more critical.