#COVID19 | Page 761 | Vital Football

#COVID19

I've seen that in the media a bit and it doesn't make sense to me

Who is doing that? Who is suddenly throwing off the shackles and thinking they can go and do what they want?

Surely the vast majority who have had it are 80+ or in care homes? I can't see that they are rushing to their family's house to play twister

I know four people directly now who have had the jab, and they are all in their 30s ! Don't really know many over 80s though. Guess there must be a lot of careworkers and hospital workers who are getting it. My sons had his now, but availability for him kept coming and going. Guess the less important (non-frontline) NHS workers are filling the gaps.

The big issue also is once people are vaccinated they think they're safe, couldn't be more wrong. You need to wait 10-14 days after you second vaccination to get to around 60% with the Oxford vaccine.

Instead a huge % of those who get one shot suddenly think they can see friends and family.

Your first dose for the first two weeks is hear worthless and even after that still pretty meh.

Anyone know EXACTLY what "60% effective" means though ? There is a major difference between 60% being immune and 40% having no difference, or the vaccine reducing the effects of the illness by 60% in everyone, which could take most people away from the risk of being hospitalised. My understanding is that after one jab, very few people (if anyone ) were hospitalised in the trials ?? The latter 60% certainly wouldn't be "meh".

The current supply should be seeing higher numbers as there is plenty on the ground, but they aren't because of the database reporting issues.

Any current supply issue will be lagged in the numbers.

Hopefully that's the reason. Not surprised to see the numbers down over the weekend (not that they should though), but did expect it to rocket up again on Monday.

Hopefully that's the reason. Not surprised to see the numbers down over the weekend (not that they should though), but did expect it to rocket up again on Monday.

As I've said before when I've shared the knowledge given to me by someone who's working on the vaccine rollout (Mrs Strett), this is what we know on a local issue, what is happening nationwide may not be applicable.

Opsie. Priti Patel has broken ministerial code by giving her own opinions on when lockdown 1 should have started.

Expect a Home Office re-shuffle before too long!

I've seen that in the media a bit and it doesn't make sense to me

Who is doing that? Who is suddenly throwing off the shackles and thinking they can go and do what they want?

Surely the vast majority who have had it are 80+ or in care homes? I can't see that they are rushing to their family's house to play twister
Some people are taking those same risks without having one dose.

No surprise there, but more to the point no blame either.

The 'blame' is due to not being honest with people and always going in at the top end optimistic view to base public info on, only to have to row back a few weeks later when that optimism doesnt pan out. Its bad governance and adds to uncertainty.

The number of vaccinations delivered has fallen for the third day in a row in England

This may be correct, but there is an issue with the recording database, the Mrs couldn't upload her figures last night.

No, it's an issue with supply

No, it was an issue with the database access.
Choose to believe me if you want, I live with a person who is working on this, but figures at lunchtime show over 300,000 doses in the last 24 hours; that rate going forward is now over 2 million per week.

Last edited:
No, it was an issue with the database access.
Choose to believe me if you want, I live with a person who is working on this, but figures at lunchtime show over 300,000 doses in the last 24 hours; that rate going forward is now over 2 million per week.

You're living with a person who led you to make BS claims about when NHS frontline staff would be vaccinated.

Incidentally they still all haven't been.

You're living with a person who led you to make BS claims about when NHS frontline staff would be vaccinated.

Incidentally they still all haven't been.

Nope. I stated they would be vaccinated starting on the very first day (8th December) which they were. I made no claim about when they would all be, why would I? You're making shit up again.

Why are you dying on this hill?

Last edited:
Lol. Proving the numbness of your nuts.

"NHS staff won't be having the vaccine this year [2020]"...

You're going to be disappointed, even NHS staff won't be having the vaccine this year.

Shows NHS staff getting vaccinated this year [2020] yet still you argue. Are you like, 12?

The following was from the 9th December...

The first coronavirus vaccines were given to members of staff at Chesterfield Royal Hospital today, according to the town’s MP.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/h...s-vaccine-chesterfield-royal-hospital-3061710

One of the vaccination centres, at Cardiff and Vale Therapy Centre in Splott, was a hub of socially-distanced activity throughout the day as healthcare workers in areas like A&E and intensive care became among the first in the world to be immunised.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/inside-vaccination-centres-frontline-nhs-19420331

The coronavirus vaccine is beginning its roll out in Scotland - with vaccinators themselves the first to receive the jabs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55220660

Earlier on Tuesday, the first Covid-19 vaccination in Northern Ireland was administered.
Sister Joanna Sloan - who will head up the vaccine roll out in Belfast - received the jab just after 08:00 GMT at the Royal Victoria Hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55216347

So that's in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland where NHS staff, who you stated categorically will not receive the jab until next year, received the jab.

I suggest you either slowly retreat into the shadows and forget this as you are clearly incorrect, or just apologise like the gent you are.

Last edited:
Nope. I stated they would be vaccinated starting on the very first day (8th December) which they were. I made no claim about when they would all be, why would I? You're making shit up again.

Why are you dying on this hill?

Only post a selective part lol the majority of frontline staff still have not been vaccinated. Are you really such an idiot that you can't understand the difference after I clarified and you maintained your position?

Only post a selective part lol the majority of frontline staff still have not been vaccinated. Are you really such an idiot that you can't understand the difference after I clarified and you maintained your position?

You clearly stated no frontline staff would be vaccinated this year [2020] I stated they would, you kept arguing, even in the teeth of evidence you doubled down.
You then tried to change your post suggesting you meant something else and argued on that front.

Why?