#COVID19 | Page 760 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Not anymore chump. Going from 0.7% to 0.5% moves us way down the list. 0.7% was hardly breaking the bank either...
Just like £1000 a day for each consultant on the dreadful test and trace scheme is value for money in an "emergency situation" but £1000 a year for hard up unemployed families on UC is a waste of money in this emergency situation.

The latter isn't even worth the conservative party turning up to discuss or vote on

Just like £1000 a day for each consultant on the dreadful test and trace scheme is value for money in an "emergency situation" but £1000 a year for hard up unemployed families on UC is a waste of money in this emergency situation.

The latter isn't even worth the conservative party turning up to discuss or vote on

I believe that because many are out of work because of government policy, then people should be remunerated appropriately. Not allowing someone who lost their income since a certain date during the pandemic, to claim also needs addressing.

I believe that because many are out of work because of government policy, then people should be remunerated appropriately. Not allowing someone who lost their income since a certain date during the pandemic, to claim also needs addressing.
And free school meals should be the same.

Yet this government's obsession with not helping the small proportion of antisocial families means they constantly a) vastly inflate the number in that bracket and b) walk into political cul de sacs.

At the end of this pandemic the horrendous UC that so many millions of people didn't even think about because they were hard working and it would never affected them, will have affected them. It will be interesting to see where the public's hard line is afterwards.

Yet this government's obsession with not helping the small proportion of antisocial families means they constantly a) vastly inflate the number in that bracket and b) walk into political cul de sacs.

At the end of this pandemic the horrendous UC that so many millions of people didn't even think about because they were hard working and it would never affected them, will have affected them. It will be interesting to see where the public's hard line is afterwards.

I firmly believe that (under normal circumstances) throwing money at issues is merely a sticking plaster. Child allowance and credits should be enough to live on; any more money wanted should be earned. If it is not, something has gone wrong.
We are in unusual times so we stick the plaster on and address the problem later, when we are able.

Im the opposite of that thinking perhaps. Id give everyone real money in thier pocket, say every household a minimum of 2k a month.

Despite the unemployed always classed as lazy, I believe that if people have choices and options and chances to learn and be creative they will be constructive. As for the ones that don't, I don't really care, good luck to them, the positives outweigh the negatives a hundred fold

The fact they are working SO hard under the tories in the first place showed it was already affecting them. If only they had tried educating themselves instead of becoming lemmings.

I can still feel all that vibe from the brexit vote.. Im sure the following day England lost in the Euros? Not sure it was a coincidence. A surreal few days.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tive-than-we-hoped?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

In this case they need to crack on with second doses and massively ramp it up. 1m average a week is nowhere near good enough if we are going to have to do all the second doses immediately.

The big issue also is once people are vaccinated they think they're safe, couldn't be more wrong. You need to wait 10-14 days after you second vaccination to get to around 60% with the Oxford vaccine.

Instead a huge % of those who get one shot suddenly think they can see friends and family.

Your first dose for the first two weeks is hear worthless and even after that still pretty meh.

The big issue also is once people are vaccinated they think they're safe, couldn't be more wrong. You need to wait 10-14 days after you second vaccination to get to around 60% with the Oxford vaccine.

Instead a huge % of those who get one shot suddenly think they can see friends and family.

Your first dose for the first two weeks is hear worthless and even after that still pretty meh.
I've seen that in the media a bit and it doesn't make sense to me

Who is doing that? Who is suddenly throwing off the shackles and thinking they can go and do what they want?

Surely the vast majority who have had it are 80+ or in care homes? I can't see that they are rushing to their family's house to play twister

I've seen that in the media a bit and it doesn't make sense to me

Who is doing that? Who is suddenly throwing off the shackles and thinking they can go and do what they want?

Surely the vast majority who have had it are 80+ or in care homes? I can't see that they are rushing to their family's house to play twister

Behavioural psychologists studying people's expectations of the vaccine.

Im the opposite of that thinking perhaps. Id give everyone real money in thier pocket, say every household a minimum of 2k a month.

Despite the unemployed always classed as lazy, I believe that if people have choices and options and chances to learn and be creative they will be constructive. As for the ones that don't, I don't really care, good luck to them, the positives outweigh the negatives a hundred fold

Yeah. Even if they spent it all on fags and booze, those are both highly taxed items.