#COVID19 | Page 512 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Heat maps are trendy at the moment...
Monthly all-cause deaths per capita, England & Wales, from ONS data.
Dangerous winters in the late 90s...

No no, you made a very bold claim. Back it up. Changing the subject just make you look even more delusional. Say you got it wrong then we can move on.

The thing is I’ve met Ben a few times and he, compared to Alan Meale doing great for businesses in Mansfield. He just needs to learn when to STFU
No he doesn't because when he does open his mouth you know exactly the person he is. And then realise that if you had an issue in his consistency that you wouldn't get much help.

Where in the world has a lockdown worked?
Look at Peru, one of the toughest, earliest lockdowns, worst death rate in the world.

This perceived wisdom is being shown up as being flawed and people now expect us to believe Neil, learn to code, Fergusson again!
If we hadn't of locked down many more people would of died. The hospitals wouldn't of coped and many more at home would of been left to die without having a chance of recovering in hospital.

Where's the link?

Shocked you're an evangelical Christian though lol good to know where you get your science from though. Tell me more about the world being created in 7 days.

Lol I’m not, as well you know. I wasn’t aware of that media bias website. That’s good to know.

From a personal perspective I have COVID now and I’ve had flu (many years’ ago) so far, unless I take a turn, the flu symptoms were far worse.

No-one's addressed the problem I mentioned in my previous post - how accurate is the covid test?

When I was arguing with a 'libertarian' recently he was going on about cycles. I was puzzled and assumed the test was like a litmus test, yes or no.

It just struck me that the German guy was going on about cycles, and maybe I wasn't that well informed about the subject.

This link suggests there is a problem:

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/09/01/covid-tests

(nothing to suggest it's a dodgy site).

It says:

"PCR tests look for genetic matter from the new coronavirus using amplification cycles. The fewer cycles needed to detect genetic matter from the virus, the higher a patient's viral load and the more likely that person is contagious"

It continues "many coronavirus tests have fairly high cycle thresholds, with most set at 40 and some set at 37. That means a number of patients who aren't carrying much of the new coronavirus are still testing positive, even though they may not be contagious...tests with high cycle thresholds could be detecting genetic fragments of the virus, or pieces of the virus that are leftover from a previous infection that don't pose any current transmission risk."

For me, the bottom line is QMC saying they're getting increasing numbers of covid patients and won't be able to do some operations because of the extra load. I don't agree with brushing it off as just nasty flu.

But if anything, this makes it more important that a test and trace system spots people who are infected and stops them passing it on. If the basic test throws up loads of false positives, that would be profoundly unhelpful.

No-one's addressed the problem I mentioned in my previous post - how accurate is the covid test?

When I was arguing with a 'libertarian' recently he was going on about cycles. I was puzzled and assumed the test was like a litmus test, yes or no.

It just struck me that the German guy was going on about cycles, and maybe I wasn't that well informed about the subject.

This link suggests there is a problem:

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/09/01/covid-tests

(nothing to suggest it's a dodgy site).

It says:

"PCR tests look for genetic matter from the new coronavirus using amplification cycles. The fewer cycles needed to detect genetic matter from the virus, the higher a patient's viral load and the more likely that person is contagious"

It continues "many coronavirus tests have fairly high cycle thresholds, with most set at 40 and some set at 37. That means a number of patients who aren't carrying much of the new coronavirus are still testing positive, even though they may not be contagious...tests with high cycle thresholds could be detecting genetic fragments of the virus, or pieces of the virus that are leftover from a previous infection that don't pose any current transmission risk."

For me, the bottom line is QMC saying they're getting increasing numbers of covid patients and won't be able to do some operations because of the extra load. I don't agree with brushing it off as just nasty flu.

But if anything, this makes it more important that a test and trace system spots people who are infected and stops them passing it on. If the basic test throws up loads of false positives, that would be profoundly unhelpful.

The testing, from my experience must be done at a centre, not from home. It’s very difficult to conduct it yourself as when you gag, you naturally withdraw (ohh er) as for your other points I’m not sure. I’m doing chaff all next week, so I’ll look into it as it’s interesting.