#COVID19 | Page 391 | Vital Football

#COVID19

No, I used it to start my own record label. At the moment I subsidise that by working at the BBC and offering career advice to the dead celebrity circuit. Ive successfully had 2 seasons commissioned by God for Cilla and Brucey.

Now, I have a 2pm with Daft Punk then I am off to teach Bostock how to do a cherry picker

Cheerio

just how the devil is Steve chap?

It's been interesting while Covid has gone all quiet (and it hasn't) to read about your various memories of bands and venues seen mainly in your youth I think. The variety of names is pretty well unknown to me since I've been long gone from the UK but I have a very large stock of music on CD and DVD bought largely at the right price in Thailand over the years and last week I played again for the umpteenth time a CD, Pink Floyd's recording of their tour in 1990. Magnificent. And followed it up with "Live at Knebworth" 3 part DVD also made in 1990, in particular Genesis and Pink Floyd again, played partly in the rain although that didn't bother either the bands or the crowd, in the open and numbered in their thousands. And I reckon that I've been spoiled for music.

Back to covid. Over here we've just had another death, taking us up to 103. We also have a second wave in Melbourne this week and the expert opinion is that it's happened in several areas in that city occupied mainly by immigrants who in the main don't speak much English at home and as a result the main message just hasn't got through. Sounds about right. And the more i read and hear about USA in particular and also Brazil, Russia and 1 or 2 others the worse it gets.
No international flights for us this year. And maybe longer.

With no flights it would not have spread from China. Maybe that's the answer. Instead of putting all our eggs into one global basket perhaps we should return to local diversity which existed until 1492 when Europe began to take over the planet.

Back to Johnson looking incredibly incompetent whilst refusing to answer important questions.

Also calling Starmer a lawyer to score points will hardly resonate as much as communist terrorist sympathiser. Just looked horribly desperate.

How could you score points by referring to someone as a lawyer, when being a lawyer (particularly a QC) is a more credible, respectable and well paid job than being a politician even if both politicians and lawyers mostly are all *****?

If 'communist' is a worse insult than 'lawyer' the world truly has gone mad.

Being a communist probably is more damaging to your election prospects in this country (sadly), the terrorist part though was the clincher.

Mrs T was a lawyer so I doubt its effective point scoring with her party too.

Lawyers also help people escape justice.

And what is it about communism as an ideology that precludes justice?
No they don't.

Justice is not for you to decide or arbitrate.

If a prosecution cannot prove a case in the face of a rigorous defence then it is not justice to convict that person, even if they have done it. Because the purpose of a court is to decide if they have, and it has been unable to.

But a lawyer who defends the indefensible is upholding justice; because by providing a rigorous defence we can be sure (as we can be) the conviction is sound if conviction it is

Communism is a dictatorship. It has never managed to be anything else. As such, how on earth can you even attempt to claim you can get justice?

Stand accused in a Chinese court and see what justice feels like.

No they don't.

Justice is not for you to decide or arbitrate.

If a prosecution cannot prove a case in the face of a rigorous defence then it is not justice to convict that person, even if they have done it. Because the purpose of a court is to decide if they have, and it has been unable to.

But a lawyer who defends the indefensible is upholding justice; because by providing a rigorous defence we can be sure (as we can be) the conviction is sound if conviction it is

Communism is a dictatorship. It has never managed to be anything else. As such, how on earth can you even attempt to claim you can get justice?

Stand accused in a Chinese court and see what justice feels like.

I get where you're coming from about lawyers. I agree tbh, I was making a tongue in cheek comment really.

However:

1: China isn't communist
2: Communism has nothing to do with dictatorship. The two can be combined, sure, but nothing in the ideology of communism assumes dictatorship.

No wonder you hated Corbyn so much when this is the depth of your understanding of left wing viewpoints lol

I get where you're coming from about lawyers. I agree tbh, I was making a tongue in cheek comment really.

However:

1: China isn't communist
2: Communism has nothing to do with dictatorship. The two can be combined, sure, but nothing in the ideology of communism assumes dictatorship.

No wonder you hated Corbyn so much when this is the depth of your understanding of left wing viewpoints lol
Yes it does. The early stage of communism requires the dictatorship of the Proletariat, an extended period of dictatorship in which the ideal society is built. The ideal is for the state to then melt away, but no communist country has ever got anywhere close to attempting that stage.

By all means name a communist country in history that has not always been a dictatorship from day 1. Even though the theory does not support your view, that would be irrelevant anyway if no communist country had ever been democratic; which they haven't. Communism has killed far more people than Fascism, although far fewer than the sheer indifference of capitalism

China is a dictatorship, that's for sure. It is communist still in some of its outlook but is very far from Marxist. I don't know how many times you have experienced China but having visited schools there both the capitalist and communist side are very evident.

Liked them both

But non of them were as good as Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

You Fat Bastard
Only ever liked the one Carter album. Loved Poppies, didn’t like Neds but Wonderstuff were total arseholes and their music was wank.