#COVID19 | Page 389 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Birmingham is still a decent night out; you just have to know where to go these days.

In the 90s you just stumbled out of one mad bar into another.

I think its always been a nutty night out. Kenny Burns didnt want to sign for us because he loved the night life there so much.

Youre probably right. The music is still mint. If you think about Stone Roses being 89, 31 years ago, then take yourself back to 89 and rewind 31 years to 1958. How many songs endured? Maybe the odd Buddy Holly song. Our scene was top.
You're almost edging into the sixties though and to be fair that was a completely revolutionary time for music with many bands enduring having changed the face of music forever.

All except derby. That was wank. They had the Pink Coconut, that was all.

Leeds was a good night out as was Sheffield.

Dont forget the rock one, they had two. Probably hasnt changed but i do remember being chuffed to get in pink coconut on a weds for grab a ganny night as we knew the 25 years and above night. It was probably 25 years ago i last went for a night in direby

Happy days lmao

Let's not forget good old Skeg in all this and the Promised Land and
Brum had Wobble, Renaissance, GodsKitchen, Miss MoneyPenny's etc. Rarely did the bar thing apart from to get up...

Moneypenny's was good - "Queer As Fuck" though as their own massive lettering used to say., Music Factory at Sheffield also good and Cream at Liverpool.

Manumission in Ibiza :grinning:

Let's not forget our very own Limos and Venue 44/Renaissance/etc in Mansfield and Promised Land and Pleasuredome in Skeg though :grinning:

Brum had Wobble, Renaissance, GodsKitchen, Miss MoneyPenny's etc. Rarely did the bar thing apart from to get up...

I went to Moneypennys on the odd occasion; only because I could get in for free.

I know the Ryan's who ran the Club, Mick, Dermot and Jim, who did the DJing.

They had this cross dressing freak who would mince about the place; the Ryan's paid for him to stand at the Tatton Bye Election against Hamilton and Martin Bell in the 90's.

A mate went on the campaign trail with them; he said it was an almost surreal experience