#COVID19 | Page 141 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Not happy about this at all.

All clubs doing so need to take a good look at themselves.

Players should volunteer a portion of wages too IMO.

Sad day for football & NFFC.
I think it would be an idea if players particularly at prem level and many at Championships level all got together at their individual clubs and payed the wages of the none playing staff this as I see it would have 2 benefits it would deflect some of the criticism being aimed at highly paid players not wanting to give up any part of their pay, and of course it would help the none playing staff many of who will be on NMW or NLW whatever it is cllaed now.

80% up to £2,500 a month.

That would cover less than a day for several of them
How many of the non playing staff earn that figure? If a non play staff is earning.2k a month the club will be saving 1.6 a month on a person that might be handy doing some maintenance work. If the club saves 2.5 k a month a someone doing nothing but playing play station ( it's not as if they are training as a group), it's already an upgrade... after all the club is still paying the balance ... the truth is that it always the small that pay the price ...

How many of the non playing staff earn that figure? If a non play staff is earning.2k a month the club will be saving 1.6 a month on a person that might be handy doing some maintenance work. If the club saves 2.5 k a month a someone doing nothing but playing play station ( it's not as if they are training as a group), it's already an upgrade... after all the club is still paying the balance ... the truth is that it always the small that pay the price ...
You can't furlough players.

No one is going to disagree that it would be preferable if we could.

But because of the nature of contracts, the PFA and whatever, players cannot be treated in the same way as the 99.9% of mere mortal employees in this country

This is particularly grim reading. Fortunately it's American and likely utter bollocks

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...redicts?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Samsung_Internet

This is not American though and is especially grim reading Screenshot_20200407-194651_Twitter.jpg
We are well above Italy's curve and set to be the worst affected in Europe.

That is quite simply down to this government's shocking flirtation with herd immunity bullshit.

854 people died today. These people caught it 3-4 weeks ago- as the rest of Europe started locking down while Johnson did fuck all other than parading Cummings chosen experts who reckoned every other expert on the planet was wrong.

There is blood on this government's hands.

Worst day in Italy was 971. We are well on course to smash that and the peak is not even in sight yet.

This is particularly grim reading. Fortunately it's American and likely utter bollocks

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...redicts?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Samsung_Internet

This is not American though and is especially grim reading View attachment 38569
We are well above Italy's curve and set to be the worst affected in Europe.

That is quite simply down to this government's shocking flirtation with herd immunity bullshit.

854 people died today. These people caught it 3-4 weeks ago- as the rest of Europe started locking down while Johnson did fuck all other than parading Cummings chosen experts who reckoned every other expert on the planet was wrong.

There is blood on this government's hands.

Worst day in Italy was 971. We are well on course to smash that and the peak is not even in sight yet.

It is terrifying.

You can't furlough players.

No one is going to disagree that it would be preferable if we could.

But because of the nature of contracts, the PFA and whatever, players cannot be treated in the same way as the 99.9% of mere mortal employees in this country
Crewe,Sunderland and Portsmouth have furloughed their playing staff...

Reported by BBC and $ky.

Watford owner has been quoted as saying “the premier league is about to announce its season is over”. Horrible news! Fuck 2020

The IHME model is appalling. This government must be held criminally liable if it come anywhere close. Predictions of deaths;

Screenshot_20200408-070453_Guardian.jpg
The confidence interval on this is 55,000-80,000

This shows the curve. In a few days time we are projected to be at nearly 3000 deaths a day and won't come back below 1000 until late May

Screenshot_20200408-070440_Guardian.jpg
My hope that this is bullshit is based on two things:

1) we should know today whether we are already off the curve predicted. According to this, we should be seeing a sudden jump into the 1500's a day either yesterday or today. If we don't see that jump in the next few days we may well be off that curve. Having said that, we aren't even counting community deaths so we may already be on it.

2) their predictions for the USA. I fail to see why the USA would have so few deaths per population compared to us? Their president dithered longer; he continues to be a far worse leader of the nation than ours even in intensive care (and Johnson's hands are soaked in blood on this); their public health system is a joke, they have huge numbers of conservatives who will never take it seriously and their health system is not designed to even bother with those without insurance

I suspect the IHME probably have Federal funding, and are therefore making highly optimistic projections to please Trump.

One group I certainly don't have any faith in anymore is Imperial College London, who are the ones advising the government. Their models on herd immunity, suddenly changed to "shit we fucked up" have been at the centre of this fiasco..

Even yesterday these clowns were in the papers advising that schools can reopen because "it only makes 4% difference in deaths" and "schools can social distance".

Yeah, well 4% makes a big fucking difference to the teachers who end up in a box when they didn't need to, and you make have been able to social distance in your private school huge classroom for 10 students; bit when you have a class of 32 built for a maximum of 30....

The IHME model is appalling. This government must be held criminally liable if it come anywhere close. Predictions of deaths;

View attachment 38576
The confidence interval on this is 55,000-80,000

This shows the curve. In a few days time we are projected to be at nearly 3000 deaths a day and won't come back below 1000 until late May

View attachment 38577
My hope that this is bullshit is based on two things:

1) we should know today whether we are already off the curve predicted. According to this, we should be seeing a sudden jump into the 1500's a day either yesterday or today. If we don't see that jump in the next few days we may well be off that curve. Having said that, we aren't even counting community deaths so we may already be on it.

2) their predictions for the USA. I fail to see why the USA would have so few deaths per population compared to us? Their president dithered longer; he continues to be a far worse leader of the nation than ours even in intensive care (and Johnson's hands are soaked in blood on this); their public health system is a joke, they have huge numbers of conservatives who will never take it seriously and their health system is not designed to even bother with those without insurance

I suspect the IHME probably have Federal funding, and are therefore making highly optimistic projections to please Trump.

One group I certainly don't have any faith in anymore is Imperial College London, who are the ones advising the government. Their models on herd immunity, suddenly changed to "shit we fucked up" have been at the centre of this fiasco..

Even yesterday these clowns were in the papers advising that schools can reopen because "it only makes 4% difference in deaths" and "schools can social distance".

Yeah, well 4% makes a big fucking difference to the teachers who end up in a box when they didn't need to, and you make have been able to social distance in your private school huge classroom for 10 students; bit when you have a class of 32 built for a maximum of 30....

I think you are correct to be sceptical about the numbers, Italy, Spain and France are already approaching their projected figures and no real evidence that the infection rates are really starting to drop, certainly easing, but not dropping.
And as we know the death rate curves are 2 to 3 weeks behind the infection rates.

The best way to keep kids safe is keep them home, it’s impossible to do that in a school environment or anywhere else like that at the moment.
I cannot understand why the potential risk this virus brings to everyone is being so readily ignored.
A few extra weeks/months away from school/work is in no ones best interests, but neither is being dead, and you can only recover from one of those options.

I see Donald Trump is now criticising the WHO (US funded) for being too focussed upon China & that has caused the problem in controlling this elsewhere.

He is trying to use them as a scapegoat, claiming they told USA not to ban travel with China, which of course he wisely saw the folly of. Somehow America's current plight is their fault, not his, and therefore he will remind his base of America first by pulling their funding

There needs to be a public apology about herd immunity & then the subsequent change & denial & anyone involved needs to resign as they are lying, incompetent & responsible for needless deaths.

But they will fall back upon the fact that this is a new disease, with very little empirical data available, not to mention the questionable initial data set from China. There is/was nothing like this to relate to and if China were 'frugal' with the Truth then this was flawed at outset.

China did 'impose' an effective lockdown (because they can) - yet we still have halfwits sunbathing in parks, having BBQs on beaches and coughing/spitting at the Police?!

A lot of the 're-modelling' was redone when Italy became epicentre - a more reliable data source - but, there are huge social & demographic anomalies.

This is not a time to aportion blame, that will no doubt come later (as it always does) - but, the MP's/Cabinet/PM etc - will all say that they relied on the advice from 'experts' - however, clearly, there are no COVID-19 experts, they are all learning about this now.

Witty said they can learn from Germany, but they had huge Pharma companies to help, the ability & capacity to test more - with more raw material/chemical stocks and also, a much greater ICU capacity. We are playing catch up, but building NHS Nightingale and a new testing regime etc etc has appeared to show that we are moving in the right direction.

If you do want to blame, then point the finger at the morons still ignoring social distancing measures - as I walked back from the shop on Sunday with basics, I walked past a house where they were having a party, they'd erected their own marquee (of sorts) with bar in the garden, BBQ outside and a hot-tub and there must have been 20-30 people there.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink - until more draconian measures are taken, then there will always be a minority that think the rules do not apply to them!