Covid Restrictions | Page 4 | Vital Football

Covid Restrictions

It is more complicated and you have simplified it to amplify your message. There are some differences, which can be attributed to ethnicity and which do mpact covid. Those factors are not the most important however as jobs, deprivation etc matter more. BAME death rates are affected by both those factors and others.

I don't know why you are arguing this - the comment that Shotshy made was the originally held idea that a black person or an Asian person was more susceptible to catch covid, or suffer serious affects from covid (similar to the fact that black people get sickle cell amenia whilst white people don't, and white people get skin cancer whilst black people generally don't). This is what has (apparently) been disproved, and that isn't complicated.

How am I disrupting (or perhaps you meant disputing) everything the Government is doing?

Wierd conclusion.

To disagree with some things causes anguish and unrest? That's an argument a dictator would use to supress opposition. Alternatively, are you saying don't question anything in case we upset their pretty little heads?

Ps, hope your missus is doing ok after her op earlier this year (iirc).
Thanks for asking about the wife, she is doing ok at the moment, just hates the hospital check-ups for obvious reasons.

I realize that my comments could be construed as aimed at you, not wishing to add insult to injury, but I don't think what you say will influence the country.
They were aimed more at the likes of Mr. Starmer who's opinion could influence the way people think or act. He is free to challenge Boris in private, I just think that open squabbles at this time are counter productive.

I don't know why you are arguing this - the comment that Shotshy made was the originally held idea that a black person or an Asian person was more susceptible to catch covid, or suffer serious affects from covid (similar to the fact that black people get sickle cell amenia whilst white people don't, and white people get skin cancer whilst black people generally don't). This is what has (apparently) been disproved, and that isn't complicated.

You are creating a belief that never existed in order to dismantle it. Some ethnicities are more susceptile to covid, more likely to catch it and more likely to suffer worse consequences. Largely but not entirely this is because they are more likely to suffer co morbidities. That's not very complicated but it is more complicated than the furrow you are determined to plough.

What the recent report shows is that matters other than race are more important overall in the catching of covid and the outcomes.

Thanks for asking about the wife, she is doing ok at the moment, just hates the hospital check-ups for obvious reasons.

I realize that my comments could be construed as aimed at you, not wishing to add insult to injury, but I don't think what you say will influence the country.
They were aimed more at the likes of Mr. Starmer who's opinion could influence the way people think or act. He is free to challenge Boris in private, I just think that open squabbles at this time are counter productive.
Fair cop Nitram, I admit I have no influence at all. Lol. :-)
Good news re your missus..

So can we agree that net immigration needs to be reduced to zero - so we have time to plan properly for new housing:
a) without persisting with high density developments (e.g. alongside railway into London)
b) spreading new houses around the country - along with improved road and rail links
c) thus reducing the harm of pandemics to poorer people "concentrated in large numbers in some towns and cities"
?

Apples and pears, non sequitur, you choose.

You nicked Jim Davidson's joke!
On a side note, I can see your block of flats from where we are. We're opposite the Ilfracombe in Alexander Road...
Cool, I get in at 7.30,see you about 8 for G&T???? Just got to change into smoking jacket and slippers 🍸 😉

What the recent report shows is that matters other than race are more important overall in the catching of covid and the outcomes.
Absolutely.
Probably some mix of culture, behaviour, education, income, language, existing health ....and.....
didn't you mention the matter of ......
Such people are concentrated in large numbers in some towns and cities.

So quite why following up on housing density (and the apparently unmentionable cause) is "apples and pears", I'm not sure.

I thought we were in agreement .:oops:

Absolutely.
Probably some mix of culture, behaviour, education, income, language, existing health ....and.....
didn't you mention the matter of ......

So quite why following up on housing density (and the apparently unmentionable cause) is "apples and pears", I'm not sure.

I thought we were in agreement .:oops:

Leave it Tarian. We speak and think a different language.

Ah, didn't recognise you, you look a lot slimmer than some on here describe you 😉

Noticed I deleted my pic I posted? Don't trust some of the pervs on here lol
I am slim, I just eat more than most... Not had a beer since I've been in Southend, so you haven't missed out on s free pint. Maybe when this is over, and The Gills are playing Southend with crowds again that's if Southend are still alive. They are back in court this week... Now, where for breakfast lol

Noticed I deleted my pic I posted? Don't trust some of the pervs on here lol
I am slim, I just eat more than most... Not had a beer since I've been in Southend, so you haven't missed out on s free pint. Maybe when this is over, and The Gills are playing Southend with crowds again that's if Southend are still alive. They are back in court this week... Now, where for breakfast lol
Definitely, I'm all for a fat boys breakfast now and then 😋 👍

Shifting back to the more serious side of Covid (much as I genuinely enjoyed the inter-change between the Reluctant Tourist and the Southend Tourist Info office rep :cheers: )

Whilst not confirming or denying that I might be an OAP, I wonder what the general consensus would be to this:

It seems that we will have to live with Covid for quite a time to come, almost certainly well into next year, anyway. So the prospect of more lock-down/s is real.

Being cognisant of the need to preserve the economy, why don`t we isolate just the people at most risk to the virus, that is, older people of pensionable age (65/66+) , and simply allow those younger people of working age, and far less vulnerable to Covid, go about their business ?

I`m sure some older folk would not sign up to this but, IF I were an OAP, I definitely would, if it meant that being isolated for say, six months, allowed those who are working to go about their lives in an almost normal way and ensure that, when the vaccine eventually arrives, the Country is still viable and we`ve still got shops, entertainment and an reasonable economy..

Realise that it won`t happen, btw, because it would be seen as discrimination, but, i`m putting it out there anyway.

If you are (or might be) an OAP - would you be prepared to fully isolate, even for several months, in order that UK plc can move forward less hindered and allow the prospect of a better outcome for all of us ??