Covid Restrictions | Vital Football

Covid Restrictions

RotherhitheGill

Vital 1st Team Regular
Sorry but I cannot keep up with the Covid rules. Does anyone know if there will be any restrictions on teams travelling from a Level 3 area to a Level 1 area (eg Kent).

I do think there are too many conflicting events at present. The government has created a total shambolic list of rules that it seems about 20% of people are totally ignoring .Many rules don't make sense at all.

I personally know people down here who have cancelled holiday bookings from people in tier three areas.
Stay local.
Stay away from us.
There was a death in North Devon Hospital this week. First for four months.
Torridge has 18 infections which is 100% up in a single week.

I personally know people down here who have cancelled holiday bookings from people in tier three areas.
Stay local.
Stay away from us.
There was a death in North Devon Hospital this week. First for four months.
Torridge has 18 infections which is 100% up in a single week.
We're all in this together, eh!?

I do think there are too many conflicting events at present. The government has created a total shambolic list of rules that it seems about 20% of people are totally ignoring .Many rules don't make sense at all.

Pub must close ..................unless they serve substantial meals. WT actual F is that all about.

Apparently a pasty is NOT a substantial meal.

Unless it is accompanied with a side salad, or chips.

Gotta admit, I do like a pasty though, alone or with sundries.

The part that the side salad plays in blocking the spread of the virus.
Apparently yellow tape is also very effective in preventimg the spread of the virus too. Stops it dead in its tracks. A mate who is still teaching has it around his desk and swears blind its saved his life on a number of occasions.

We're all in this together, eh!?
Not at all mate.
The areas that are now being punished are the areas where many flouted the guidelines.
As you reap, you sow.
My area has been brilliant in abiding by the instructions.
That’s no accident that the cases have been low since day one.
Wanna party ?
Fine, but don’t come here to do it.
Stay in the north.

Apart from Swale and Thanet, every area in Kent has less virus cases than the week before, now we can party 😊

Apart from Swale and Thanet, every area in Kent has less virus cases than the week before, now we can party 😊
Yep!
Absolutely.
But do it in your lounge and on your own 😁
Altogether now ... big box little box

Not at all mate.
The areas that are now being punished are the areas where many flouted the guidelines.
As you reap, you sow.
My area has been brilliant in abiding by the instructions.
That’s no accident that the cases have been low since day one.
Wanna party ?
Fine, but don’t come here to do it.
Stay in the north.

Come on shotshy you are smarter than that. There is no evidence that comparative behaviour and lack of compliance is behind the hotspots in the North. Those heat maps almost exactly replicate maps showing more crowded housing, higher rates of ill health and disability and other measures of deprivation.

We have seen instances of large scale stupidity in almost all areas but increased infections are driven far more by mixing in homes, the return to universities and outbreaks in medical locations amongst others.

The part that the side salad plays in blocking the spread of the virus.
I think you may be letting your hatred of the tories get in the way.

They need to close some things to lower the R number. I'd be fairly confident in saying there is more mingling and likelihood of spreading the virus at bars/establishments.

They could make it that only restaurants can stay open. However I'm pretty sure you'd say "WT actual F my local pub serves meals like a restaurant but they've been forced to close".

To be fair on more places they've come up with the substantial meal part which is also to help avoid abuse in bars staying open cause they sell peanuts and sausage rolls. Unfortunately that requires some common sense to apply it which appears to be distinctly lacking in some parts. So yes they did fail on that part.

Come on shotshy you are smarter than that. There is no evidence that comparative behaviour and lack of compliance is behind the hotspots in the North. Those heat maps almost exactly replicate maps showing more crowded housing, higher rates of ill health and disability and other measures of deprivation.

We have seen instances of large scale stupidity in almost all areas but increased infections are driven far more by mixing in homes, the return to universities and outbreaks in medical locations amongst others.
You are spot on of course, also explains the rise going on in London and it's move to tier 2. However, it can also be no coincidence that Manchester, Liverpool and London were also the main hotspots some weeks ago for massive illegal raves and parties. Add to that football fans celebrating trophy wins and large demonstrations (one at the Nigerian embassy yesterday with 2000+ people crammed together on a pavement) and it was always going to be a recipe for disaster.
Social and economical problems play a massive part but so does behaviour and I don't remember Messrs Burnham and Khan having as much to say about those issues at the time.

Classic example and these students moaned that Police had "spoiled their fun". Thats a real 'WT actual F' moment.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-throwing-house-party-in-tier-2-zone-12110368

Those heat maps almost exactly replicate maps showing more crowded housing, higher rates of ill health and disability and other measures of deprivation.

That would make sense if figures were high in Medway as well. Rochester, Strood, Chatham, Gillingham, Rainham all effectively stuck together on the map with a lot of social housing and what comes with it. Not mentioned as having high figures whereas Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells were until recently.

Could be down to commuting to and from the smoke but some people do that from the Medway towns as well.