Coronavirus | Page 111 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Our son had a few rough days, although he had Pfizer. Mrs N. got "covid arm" but an anti-histamine sorted that.

I just had a slightly sore arm, the as when I have 'flu jab each year.

Obviously, though, Bill Gates can now track my every move and controls my mind completely.
No doubt controlled through the 5G network.

I wonder if it depends on your blood group whether you have symptoms following the jab?
Strange how some are affected and some not.
I work with some really unhealthy people and they were fine.

Yes, it's strange. Of the people we're aware have had problems, most have been women. But my son works with a bloke who he says is the fittest bloke he knows, and yet he was off work for the best part of a week

Were you okay?
Had mine a couple of weeks ago and felt aweful for 36 hrs. Then just sluggish for a week. I had the AZ one.

Is there any choice on which one?
AZ one seems to have the lowest reputation.
(Anything far better than nothing though of course!)

Is there any choice on which one?
AZ one seems to have the lowest reputation.
(Anything far better than nothing though of course!)
You don't get a choice as far as I know.
My in-laws are due a second dose of the Pfizer on Monday. Everyone else I know, friends, relatives and work colleagues have had the AZ vaccine.

You don't get a choice as far as I know.
My in-laws are due a second dose of the Pfizer on Monday. Everyone else I know, friends, relatives and work colleagues have had the AZ vaccine.

You might think by now, that there'll be plenty of data on effectiveness of each different one, given millions of doses administered.

Did read of a care home in Devon, Exmouth, where 11 residents have just all died and this despite having had first dose back in January.
So, either first dose not as good as we're told.
Or that it does indeed wear out (as manufacturers advised) unless 2nd dose is given three weeks or so later.

So so much wonderful effort being put in by thousands of health staff to vaccinate many many millions. I just hope that the route our government has taken in not following instructions isn't going to mess it all up.

You might think by now, that there'll be plenty of data on effectiveness of each different one, given millions of doses administered.

Did read of a care home in Devon, Exmouth, where 11 residents have just all died and this despite having had first dose back in January.
Or that it does indeed wear out (as manufacturers advised) unless 2nd dose is given three weeks or so later.

So so much wonderful effort being put in by thousands of health staff to vaccinate many many millions. I just hope that the route our government has taken in not following instructions isn't going to mess it all up.
The AZ is more readily available, cheaper and doesn't need storing at -70c. I can see why we are having this one, even if the efficacy is a bit lower than the Pfizer vaccine. The benefit outweighs the risk and both can produce very similar side effects.

It *seems* as if those with underlying health conditions get the Pfizer dose. I have no hard data on that, but everyone I know who has had it has some kind of underlying condition.

Lots of research done, much of it coming from Israel, plenty of it supporting the UK approach..
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n338

They added, “What our analysis shows is that a single dose of vaccine is highly protective, although it can take up to 21 days to achieve this. The early results coming from Israel support the UK policy of extending the gap between doses by showing that a single dose can give a high level of protection.”

I have my first one booked for this Thursday. It's way ahead of the initial schedule for someone of my age (53) with no health issues. The vaccination programme seems to be the only thing which has worked well over this pandemic

I’m struggling a bit with lots of Europe halting Astra Zeneca vaccinations.
If what I’ve heard is correct, there have been nearly as many cases of clots in people who have had the Pfizer jab as AZ and the statistics showed less cases than you see in the normal population.
Is this Europe playing politics?

I’m struggling a bit with lots of Europe halting Astra Zeneca vaccinations.
If what I’ve heard is correct, there have been nearly as many cases of clots in people who have had the Pfizer jab as AZ and the statistics showed less cases than you see in the normal population.
Is this Europe playing politics?
I think it probably is. I might change my tune if I develop a blood clot in the next few days!

It' s really odd. The suspension of the AZ jab could lead to hundreds possibly thousands of extra Covid deaths in those countries. Is that a reasonable price to pay instead of 10 or 20 blood clot deaths that are proven to be directly linked (and it is thought unlikely that they will be linked)?

My own feeling is that there has been a smear campaign of AZ for some months. I'm certainly not one to fall for conspiracies, but here's one of my own - perhaps traditional Big Pharma is not impressed that new kid on the block AZ wants to jab the world at not-for-profit, and they are triggered at losing market share and profits for themselves, so have engaged with some agents/ useful idiots in health authorities and governments (especially in Europe, but remember the US hasn't rushed to approve it either) to perpetuate the smear.

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. However, something is odd IMHO.

Let's be clear, though, before Hulloutpost gets all hot, excited and sweaty: it's nothing to do with Brexit.

Yeah, seems like bollocks. Europe continuing to fuck up vaccine roll-out, frankly.

I read an article showing how low the amount of people developing clots after the jab compared to expected amount of people who would develop a clot anyways and at this point in time seems coincidental.

However I have had experience of people having adverse reactions after having the jab (an incredibly small number and nothing is ever 100% safe to everyone).