Coronavirus | Page 110 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Good spot devon. There will be plenty of swings and roundabouts for everyone to jump on over the next decade or so and then we'll have an idea as to who was right or wrong. Being the glass half full type I remain confident that being the 5/6/7 (whichever we are) biggest world economy we'll survive and be fine just like all the other smaller independent sovereign countries like New Zealand etc. I'm quite liking the Singapore on Thames analogy doing the rounds for the UK. For some reason The EU aren't quite as keen to have a strong independent nation on their doorstep. Fingers crossed BoJo doesn't shaft us too much on level playing field, ECJ or fisheries otherwise I WILL be eating some serious humble pie and would have to agree with Remoaners that there was no point leaving.

Time to eat humble pie?

And "Singapore on Thames"? Really?

You were conned.

Massive test of our contact tracing system incoming. If we fail to nail this Brazil mutation entering our borders in large numbers then there is really no hope after all the experience we should have gained in the last 18 months

The Brazil variant now found in the UK appears to be more contagious and able to evade immunity provided by past infection with coronavirus, say scientists who have done the first detailed study.
Experiences from Manaus - the Amazonian city hit hard by the P1 variant - suggest it may be up to twice as transmissible as earlier Covid, they say.
The preliminary work, which hasn’t been peer-reviewed yet, puts the chances of a person getting reinfection at between 25% and 60%.
But experts say the findings should not be used to predict what may happen with this variant in the UK.
Indeed, one of the lead researchers said it was unlikely P1 would quickly take off in Britain, when only six cases had been identified so far and these were being closely monitored.
Infectious diseases expert Prof Ester Sabino from the University of São Paulo, Brazil, said: "You need many introductions [of a virus] to start an epidemic. Six is very few. I would say, if you take care and do contact tracing, this is going to decrease."
Professor Sharon Peacock, who is director of the UK’s centre leading on genetic testing of coronavirus, said: “We are taking appropriate action. These are very interesting and important findings for Brazil, but how they relate to the UK is yet to be determined."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56249586

"Being closely monitored"...er well might be when they've found them!
Oh and 99% of incoming visitors completely ignored, only 1% involved in quarantine process. So loads of chances to keep bringing this new variant in (and any others).

Billions wasted again, on a crappily devised scheme run by chancers, charlatans and morons...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ace-scheme-cut-covid-rates-in-england-say-mps

“Despite the unimaginable resources thrown at this project, test and trace cannot point to a measurable difference to the progress of the pandemic, and the promise on which this huge expense was justified – avoiding another lockdown – has been broken, twice,” she said. “British taxpayers cannot be treated by the government like an ATM machine. We need to see a clear plan and costs better controlled.”

Experts advising the government in the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies said in September that the testing programme was only having a “marginal” impact on transmission.

Funny that the only part of the pandemic response to work properly (vaccine administration) is the bit handled by the public sector experts in the field.

So I had my vaccination yesterday, and while I was sat waiting for 15 minutes to pass before I could leave the surgery who should follow me into the waiting area after his jab was a chap who sits 2 seats along from me next to my daughter at the LNER.
We don’t even 100% know his name and obviously haven’t seen him for more than a year now, so we have often wondered how he was getting on, and there he was. What are the chances of that! The 15 minutes went quickly catching up on a year’s football talk.

Were you okay?
Had mine a couple of weeks ago and felt aweful for 36 hrs. Then just sluggish for a week. I had the AZ one.
Getting it this Monday, sorry I was in Yorkshire mode! Heard a few have had a rough day or two afterwards.

Were you okay?
Had mine a couple of weeks ago and felt aweful for 36 hrs. Then just sluggish for a week. I had the AZ one.

Our son had a few rough days, although he had Pfizer. Mrs N. got "covid arm" but an anti-histamine sorted that.

I just had a slightly sore arm, the as when I have 'flu jab each year.

Obviously, though, Bill Gates can now track my every move and controls my mind completely.

I was fine after mine, but Mrs S struggled for a few days
I wonder if it depends on your blood group whether you have symptoms following the jab?
Strange how some are affected and some not.
I work with some really unhealthy people and they were fine.