Coronavirus | Page 100 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...de-seven-miles-from-no-10-boris-johnson-covid

And this is why - along with that turd, Cummings - no-one is obeying the fucking rules.

I'm not really overconcerned by this for two reasons:
First, if he did not get driven there and cycled all the way, then seven miles out from home is hardly unreasonable for an hour or two out on the bike
Second, if he did get driven there we've finally got some guidance/"case law" ie we now know that if going out in the car for exercise, it is reasonable to travel up to seven miles.
Have to say I wouldn't put this in the same category as Cummins as a blatant breach of guidelines and then sticking two fingers up. But he has now set the benchmark for the rest of us

I'm not really overconcerned by this for two reasons:
First, if he did not get driven there and cycled all the way, then seven miles out from home is hardly unreasonable for an hour or two out on the bike
Second, if he did get driven there we've finally got some guidance/"case law" ie we now know that if going out in the car for exercise, it is reasonable to travel up to seven miles.
Have to say I wouldn't put this in the same category as Cummins as a blatant breach of guidelines and then sticking two fingers up. But he has now set the benchmark for the rest of us

No, me neither, but it hi-lights the ambiguity of it all and that just feeds into people shrugging their shoulders and not really giving a crap.

Anecdote isn't evidence, but there is nothing like the adherence to social distancing and mask-wearing around our area that there was in the 1st wave.

I passed the chippy yesterday (it's tiny) and there were 4 people and the server in there, none wearing masks and none 2m apart.

People frequently enter the local corner-shop with no mask on, in spite of a sign in the window saying they should be worn.

Finally, Mrs N. passed a group of teens chatting on street corner yesterday and overheard one saying to another: shouldn't you be self-isolating?

No wonder its spreading like wild-fire, again.

No, me neither, but it hi-lights the ambiguity of it all and that just feeds into people shrugging their shoulders and not really giving a crap.

Anecdote isn't evidence, but there is nothing like the adherence to social distancing and mask-wearing around our area that there was in the 1st wave.

I passed the chippy yesterday (it's tiny) and there were 4 people and the server in there, none wearing masks and none 2m apart.

People frequently enter the local corner-shop with no mask on, in spite of a sign in the window saying they should be worn.

Finally, Mrs N. passed a group of teens chatting on street corner yesterday and overheard one saying to another: shouldn't you be self-isolating?

No wonder its spreading like wild-fire, again.

Agree it can be frustrating - at our local shop the staff don't wear masks, but have to say practically all customers do. And Mrs S and I will often "joke" at the size some families round here - seeing groups of half a dozen or so "twin brothers" (all a similar age, so surely they must be if they're that close!!!!) wandering around together. We avoid the canal tow path in the afternoons now for walking the dog, when it tends to be busier. Some people really make an effort to create a social distance, whereas there are those who blatantly don't even try to move over

Did anyone have the misfortune of watching today's Covid briefing?

Is there anyone more unpalatable than the Home Sec? Couldn't answer a single question. Absolute obfuscation and simply ignored all questions put to her as she stood there in a sort of moral superiority.

This Govt cabinet is a disgrace - utter clowns.

Johnson is taking the piss ..

Stay local the government say , stay local the old bill say , so why the fuck did Johnson go the the Olympic park , when Green Park and Hyde Park are much closer to where he is .

my usual 3 walks with my dog will continue .

Ive been going on bike rides most days for my exercise, certainly more than seven miles. I don’t see this as any more than a dead cat to distract from the real issues - and the British media fall for it hook line and sinker every time.

Marcus Rashford managing to do two jobs at once brilliantly, while members of our government cannot manage to do the one thing they are paid for.

I have a game today so have to log off but I wanted to update you on the conversation and I look forward to hearing the outcome of the DfE meeting today.

Amazing what someone with a bit of integrity, decency, honesty and an ethic of hard work can achieve when shabby behaviour has the spotlight shone on it..
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55628428

Did anyone have the misfortune of watching today's Covid briefing?

Is there anyone more unpalatable than the Home Sec? Couldn't answer a single question. Absolute obfuscation and simply ignored all questions put to her as she stood there in a sort of moral superiority.

This Govt cabinet is a disgrace - utter clowns.

There was a clearly coordinated news campaign today to put all the blame for the pandemic on the public.
Patel does her spot of propaganda with a police chief, every single supermarket makes the same announcement that its their customers causing the problems.

This is yet another revolting episode for this Government. Letting one of their rich donors help himself to over 80% of the money intended for poor children's meals.
Shameful in the extreme.
This is yet another revolting episode for this Government. Letting one of their rich donors help himself to over 80% of the money intended for poor children's meals.
Shameful in the extreme.
Shameful in the extreme.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. The cap-doffing, fore-lock tugging English electorate would rather vote for an Eton toff useless venal Tory bastard like Johnson than support people like Marcus Rashford.

Fuck 'em. They'll find out.

A cringeworthy interview on GMB this morning (yes another one) from Matt Hancock. How on earth anyone could vote for this shower of ghouls and incompetents, and then have the nerve to complain about how utterly useless they are in Government is beyond me. Fucking shy Tories are a plague on this country.