Coronavirus | Page 102 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I haven't posted the death stats recently as they're always 1000+ now per day and, frankly, too miserable to contemplate.

Equally, I haven't totted it up, but I think 10,000 people have died from the virus in just the last week.

Remember when Patrick Valance stated only 20k deaths from the entire pandemic would be a "good result"? Well, that's happening every fortnight.

A member of the HSE was on radio 5 the other morning. Previously, people had been calling about such things, mainly construction sites. The HSE bod couldn't have sounded more weak if she had tried. She just blathered on about the hierarchy of controls, I think, until Campbell got bored and stopped her. A great opportunity for the HSE to make a widely heard statement of intent and warning, missed like a Jon Nolan tackle.

I haven't posted the death stats recently as they're always 1000+ now per day and, frankly, too miserable to contemplate.

Equally, I haven't totted it up, but I think 10,000 people have died from the virus in just the last week.

Remember when Patrick Valance stated only 20k deaths from the entire pandemic would be a "good result"? Well, that's happening every fortnight.

And I remember being shocked at that figure at the time. I do hope that we don’t become numb to these figures the more we hear them - particularly when the inevitable Public Enquiry comes around.

A member of the HSE was on radio 5 the other morning. Previously, people had been calling about such things, mainly construction sites. The HSE bod couldn't have sounded more weak if she had tried. She just blathered on about the hierarchy of controls, I think, until Campbell got bored and stopped her. A great opportunity for the HSE to make a widely heard statement of intent and warning, missed like a Jon Nolan tackle.

The pictures of the tube at Canning Town the other morning were quite telling. Working people in the construction industry, the care industry and all other kind of key workers are still being asked to go into work, and refusal to do so would see them sacked and lose their livelihoods. They have been put in an impossible situation.

The pictures of the tube at Canning Town the other morning were quite telling. Working people in the construction industry, the care industry and all other kind of key workers are still being asked to go into work, and refusal to do so would see them sacked and lose their livelihoods. They have been put in an impossible situation.
Agreed, a lot of people are having difficult decisions forced on them. I also understand the employers may be under financial pressures that could be eased by government action. But, I do feel the HSE missed a golden opportunity to remind the employers that they risk prosecution if they don't keep their workforce safe in these difficult times.
I'm sure you know, workplace deaths will carry heavy penalties. At the very least an employer should understand that one case could take down a large chunk of their staff. I've witnessed a single case take out about 15% of our staff in one hit.

Agreed, a lot of people are having difficult decisions forced on them. I also understand the employers may be under financial pressures that could be eased by government action. But, I do feel the HSE missed a golden opportunity to remind the employers that they risk prosecution if they don't keep their workforce safe in these difficult times.
I'm sure you know, workplace deaths will carry heavy penalties. At the very least an employer should understand that one case could take down a large chunk of their staff. I've witnessed a single case take out about 15% of our staff in one hit.

Yeah you’re quite right. The Royal Mail has been decimated (although I’m not suggesting that is because of poor H&S procedures!).

ok . I've broken the odd restriction , so have most i would think , but in a minor way ie two walks instead of one , shopping for items that may not be essential on goverment way , but are to me .

But these people who organise raves , and the more serious breeches , the arm of the law should be stronger ion 2-3 weeks inside for the organisers and owners of the firms . Give them a criminal record , a better deterrent

Last edited:
ok . I've broken the odd restriction , so have most i would think , but in a minor way ie two walks instead of one , shopping for items that may not be essential on goverment way , but are to me .

But these people who organise raves , and the more serious breeches , the arm of the law should be stronger ion 2-3 weeks inside for the organisers and owners of the firms . Give them a criminal record , a better deterrent

Yep.
They are actually factoring in any fine into their big profits. And the raves in particular are primarily to peddle their drugs.

Personally i think anyone who has a life threating condition should not have any treatment or operations cancelled or delayed because of covid . being told you have cancer is , nothing short of devastating , worse if you are told it is metastic, and terrifying is told terminal . it must be terrible for such people to hear the media banging on about covid etc etc and they get a call or latter to say their life saving operation and or treatments have been cancelled or postponed . Even a postponement can be life threatening .

Personally i think anyone who has a life threating condition should not have any treatment or operations cancelled or delayed because of covid . being told you have cancer is , nothing short of devastating , worse if you are told it is metastic, and terrifying is told terminal . it must be terrible for such people to hear the media banging on about covid etc etc and they get a call or latter to say their life saving operation and or treatments have been cancelled or postponed . Even a postponement can be life threatening .

I completely agree. A well-prepared government and an NHS with the necessary support would be able to ensure that - by and large - happens.

Draw your own conclusions about why it isn't.

According to this week's NLP, the Lincolnshire League is the first league in the country to declare this season null and void, for the second season in a row

According to this week's NLP, the Lincolnshire League is the first league in the country to declare this season null and void, for the second season in a row

Not on the League's own website yet but it is showing on FA Fulltime page for the league as Null & Void.
So yes, season over again for Lincolnshire League.
They haven't played any games since October so this was looking likely. Real shame given a whole bunch of new teams too this season but can't blame them and plenty of other leagues will surely end up void again too.

A new high of 1610 deaths today.

Not over the peak of hospitalisations yet so deaths not at peak for at least 2 weeks I suspect. Cases would appear to be at the very start of coming down in at least some areas, too late for far, far too many people though..