Coronavirus | Page 444 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I'm falling over bad at the moment, so no, wouldn't be able to do lots of travelling around, or having to over think it. Need plane to Barca, taxi to hotel, hotel is opposite the clinic.

Wasn't sure how the state of play with 'air corridors' were at the mo but thought it might overly complicate things for obvious reasons. Fingers crossed things remain stable for a bit - well, had fingers crossed for that anyway in fairness lol!

End of the day no one should be alone at xmas. But that doesn't mean people need to have 20 people round xmas day. Then go elsewhere on Boxing day and sit with another 20 people.
If it remains as 6 in two households then that's enough, people can still see each other but in lower numbers. I cannot be doing with people whining about the absolute hardship of potentially having to choose between family to sit and stuff their face with when there will be doctors and nurses on xmas day in full PPE for hours treating dying people.
It's one xmas. Is it really that much of a hardship to scale it right back for one year ?. A year which is absolutely out of the ordinary. People need to sacrifice and show some bloody resilience.

Last edited:
A study by imperial college London suggests 100,000 per day in England are being infected with the pace of infections accelerating across all age groups in all regions. Something drastic has to change .

End of the day no one should be alone at xmas. But that doesn't mean people need to have 20 people round xmas day. Then go elsewhere on Boxing day and sit with another 20 people.
If it remains as 6 in two households then that's enough, people can still see each other but in lower numbers. I cannot be doing with people whining about the absolute hardship of potentially having to choose between family to sit and stuff their face with when there will be doctors and nurses on xmas day in full PPE for hours treating dying people.
It's one xmas. Is it really that much of a hardship to scale it right back for one year ?. A year which is absolutely out of the ordinary. People need to sacrifice and show some bloody resilience.
I dont think its a big issue if you dont want to catch it.
Two weeks ago friends of ours, who both had Covid months ago, and are in their mid 70s rented their usual cottage.
This week my brother and his family have come down and rented a place in the town.
My wife who is in her 70s is terrified of catching this virus, and accordingly has refused to meet up with either party, but as I could catch it and bring it home I have had no choice but to agree not to meet up.
It wont be for ever, it is what it is at the moment, and no Melon it isnt really much of a hardship.

Brits went off to Spain at the height of the pandemic over there because they felt entitled to their annual holiday. They aren't going to to give up their Christmas, regardless of whats happening.

Yes, people will risk their own and other peoples lives for the sake of a Holiday, so Christmas will be even worse.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's just one day of the year. By 5pm I'm thinking what was that all about or thank fuck that's over for another year

I dont think its a big issue if you dont want to catch it.
Two weeks ago friends of ours, who both had Covid months ago, and are in their mid 70s rented their usual cottage.
This week my brother and his family have come down and rented a place in the town.
My wife who is in her 70s is terrified of catching this virus, and accordingly has refused to meet up with either party, but as I could catch it and bring it home I have had no choice but to agree not to meet up.
It wont be for ever, it is what it is at the moment, and no Melon it isnt really much of a hardship.

Well said that man!