Coronavirus | Page 446 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I know someone who works at a hospital in London as a senior ENT consultant. He emailed me this morning and his words were "it's getting a bit dodgy with rates and admissions" and he told me to take care and be safe. That is from the horses mouth and forget what the politicians and scientists are saying - this is now getting out of control. The same guy predicted in May that there would be a second and third wave and that they would be worse than the first one. He is not a 'doomsayer' and he would never resort to saying "I told you so" but if what he is saying is true, I think a lockdown is inevitable, that Christmas can be written off and - I hate to say this - the football could be suspended again soon.
The first wave caught most by surprise and although blame could be attributed to some quarters, we were dealing with the unknown. This time around the blame firmly sits on the shoulders of those that allowed universities to open up for face to face teaching. It is of no coincidence that the hot spots also have high university student populations. Charnwood - a sleepy borough in Leicestershire with a population of 165,000 - is currently in Tier 2 and expected to go to Tier 3 soon. Many of you will never have heard of Charnwood but the main town in the borough is Loughborough and guess what the town is famous for? Since September there has been a massive influx of students and look what has happened. There should have been a decision made in the summer that all but essential university activity - I mean medical research for C-19 and associated health sciences - should be either suspended or online, at least for a year. Are we short of more new lawyers, accountants, managers or artists when the economy is likely to now go into meltdown? But greedy Vice Chancellors would not want their vastly inflated salaries affected by suspensions or reduced incomes and would therefore not support such an interruption. How will they all feel now once we are in another lockdown and the Nightingale hospitals that were once mothballed are now being filled up again?

It is bound to happen, surely? So surely the Gov should learn the lesson of last time and lockdown while we are still ahead (the likes of France)?

Intense pressure on the NHS might compel a lockdown

Regardless of what is happening to deaths, the issue that might force the government's hand is what is happening to the health service. There have already been warnings that hospitals in some parts of the country are uncomfortably close to capacity.

NHS bosses in Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham and Bradford have started cancelling some routine treatments. One of the key problems is the NHS has little flexibility, with fewer beds per person than other European countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54712917

It is bound to happen, surely? So surely the Gov should learn the lesson of last time and lockdown while we are still ahead (the likes of France)?

Intense pressure on the NHS might compel a lockdown

Regardless of what is happening to deaths, the issue that might force the government's hand is what is happening to the health service. There have already been warnings that hospitals in some parts of the country are uncomfortably close to capacity.

NHS bosses in Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham and Bradford have started cancelling some routine treatments. One of the key problems is the NHS has little flexibility, with fewer beds per person than other European countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54712917

Was talking about this to someone the other day. We were normally 2 weeks behind France and Italy etc , so logic would say lockdown now before it gets to their levels.

I suspect we will be reactive rather than proactive though.

The Gov got flamed for locking down too late the first time yet it is already past the point that we "mostly" all know we need to do it again. We also came out of lockdown too early but people weren't gonna do it any more - thanks to Dominic - deliberate?.

What happened to opening sections and seeing what happens? They opened nearly everything up and just let it all go to crap.

8 months into this - WHERE IS THE PLAN?
I can't shout this loud enough. What, to do not enough and watch it escalate but a bit slower than if we did nothing? ffs.

Move to Oz is the only answer....if you can.

The Gov got flamed for locking down too late the first time yet it is already past the point that we "mostly" all know we need to do it again. We also came out of lockdown too early but people weren't gonna do it any more - thanks to Dominic - deliberate?.

What happened to opening sections and seeing what happens? They opened nearly everything up and just let it all go to crap.

8 months into this - WHERE IS THE PLAN?
I can't shout this loud enough. What, to do not enough and watch it escalate but a bit slower than if we did nothing? ffs.

Move to Oz is the only answer....if you can.
They dont have clue Gillette.
I live in a holiday resort and every day this week it has pissed it down with virtually no let up.
So therefor the fact that as we speak the car park is once again packed begs the question" Where are all these people from all over the country?"
Well, they are not on the beach, so the only other place is the pubs and restaraunts.
These are not big city pubs and restaraunts, they are cosy, intimate little affairs, ideal for spreading viruses. Hey ho.

A study over here has found that those infected with Covid had only 18-20% of the antibodies left after 3 months. They are calling for more recovered Covid patients to come forward for the study.

That lines up with the idea that you could get Covid more than once.

It also suggests that herd immunity is impossible.

My neighbour had COVID in April. He has been giving plasma since he recovered. Once a month I believe. He thought he would be immune but he’s not so sure now.

Covid is spreading "significantly" faster through England than the government's predicted "worst-case" scenario, documents reveal.

The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) says there are around four times as many people catching Covid-19 than anticipated.

A "reasonable worst-case scenario", used by officials and the NHS to plan, had estimated 85,000 deaths from Covid-19 over the course of winter.

But an official Sage document, dated 14 October and published on Friday, estimated that, by mid-October, there were between 43,000 and 74,000 people being infected with coronavirus every day in England.

Their report said: "This is significantly above the profile of the reasonable worst-case scenario, where the number of daily infections in England remained between 12,000-13,000 throughout October."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-54745196

No way a lockdown won't come if you read this one!

Covid is spreading "significantly" faster through England than even the government's predicted "worst-case" scenario, documents reveal.

The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) says there are around four times as many people catching Covid than anticipated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54750775

Jesus Christ . This is painful.

Just get the into the inevitable lockdown now.

It needs to happen.

I'm sorry for jobs and the economy I really am. It's no ones fault . But the NHS cannot cope with the way things are going with the pandemic . The sad truth is that by getting the big big instant hit from Covid 19 under control they will be better placed and will be able to cope with the future impact of the economy closing and what goes with that.
It's the lesser of two evils. Keeping Covid-19 and the economy going just isnt going to happen is it.

No way a lockdown won't come if you read this one!

Covid is spreading "significantly" faster through England than even the government's predicted "worst-case" scenario, documents reveal.

The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) says there are around four times as many people catching Covid than anticipated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54750775

“You don't need to be a genius to realise how difficult managing the virus through winter is going to be.”

As proven by Vital Villans

I know someone who works at a hospital in London as a senior ENT consultant. He emailed me this morning and his words were "it's getting a bit dodgy with rates and admissions" and he told me to take care and be safe. That is from the horses mouth and forget what the politicians and scientists are saying - this is now getting out of control. The same guy predicted in May that there would be a second and third wave and that they would be worse than the first one. He is not a 'doomsayer' and he would never resort to saying "I told you so" but if what he is saying is true, I think a lockdown is inevitable, that Christmas can be written off and - I hate to say this - the football could be suspended again soon.
The first wave caught most by surprise and although blame could be attributed to some quarters, we were dealing with the unknown. This time around the blame firmly sits on the shoulders of those that allowed universities to open up for face to face teaching. It is of no coincidence that the hot spots also have high university student populations. Charnwood - a sleepy borough in Leicestershire with a population of 165,000 - is currently in Tier 2 and expected to go to Tier 3 soon. Many of you will never have heard of Charnwood but the main town in the borough is Loughborough and guess what the town is famous for? Since September there has been a massive influx of students and look what has happened. There should have been a decision made in the summer that all but essential university activity - I mean medical research for C-19 and associated health sciences - should be either suspended or online, at least for a year. Are we short of more new lawyers, accountants, managers or artists when the economy is likely to now go into meltdown? But greedy Vice Chancellors would not want their vastly inflated salaries affected by suspensions or reduced incomes and would therefore not support such an interruption. How will they all feel now once we are in another lockdown and the Nightingale hospitals that were once mothballed are now being filled up again?

The whole university situation is a disgrace on so many levels, from the sheer incompetence of the authorities to realise the health risk to the disgusting greed of the organisations who forced their students to go back for literally no benefit and have now locked them away in worse than prison like conditions

The whole university situation is a disgrace on so many levels, from the sheer incompetence of the authorities to realise the health risk to the disgusting greed of the organisations who forced their students to go back for literally no benefit and have now locked them away in worse than prison like conditions

The students in Nottingham didn't look like they were locked up last night.

Jesus Christ . This is painful.

Just get the into the inevitable lockdown now.

It needs to happen.

I'm sorry for jobs and the economy I really am. It's no ones fault . But the NHS cannot cope with the way things are going with the pandemic . The sad truth is that by getting the big big instant hit from Covid 19 under control they will be better placed and will be able to cope with the future impact of the economy closing and what goes with that.
It's the lesser of two evils. Keeping Covid-19 and the economy going just isnt going to happen is it.
It’s seems obvious to me, you can always get another job but there’s no second chance for those who have died. The failure to get the pandemic genuinely under control is, and always was, going to prolong the economic damage for longer. Yes we had the lockdown but it wasn’t as strict as other countries and crucially wasn’t backed up track and trace & other control measures etc meaning it’s just come straight back. Not to mention the incompetence & mixed messaging from the government which has undermined all efforts to get people to take it seriously

Needs a full lockdown and the military on the streets to help police it
Problem is people dont respect or give a shit about the police. As soon as the police approach rule breakers they get their phone out, blart out liberal rights and then the police tend to shit themselves and do nothing.
Just the army. Bring the god dam army in. Give them martial law and let them do what the hell they want with rule breakers.