Coronavirus | Page 443 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I can understand the fears though, when you don't have time to fully test, some vaccines apparently take 10 years, this will be 12-18 months.

Raina McIntyre, a biosecurity professor at the University of New South Wales' Kirby Institute, told the BBC that Australia's response had been "light years ahead" of the US and the UK.

"It is just thoroughly shocking. When we think of pandemics we don't think that well-resourced, high-income countries are going to fall apart at the seams, but that is exactly what we have seen," she said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-54654646

Raina McIntyre, a biosecurity professor at the University of New South Wales' Kirby Institute, told the BBC that Australia's response had been "light years ahead" of the US and the UK.

"It is just thoroughly shocking. When we think of pandemics we don't think that well-resourced, high-income countries are going to fall apart at the seams, but that is exactly what we have seen," she said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-54654646

Nothing the Aussies love more than a bit of Pommie bashing.

They have now decided that we will be going into tier 3 at midnight tomorrow. It makes sense except for the fact that the kids will still be at school and bringing covid home.

This should have happened 2 weeks ago while the kids were on half term which ends here on Sunday after 2 weeks off.

You just can't get the economy going with the pandemic raging. The flights aren't running because nobody wants to travel. The economy vs health narrative is false and unhelpful.
Yup the health impact and economic impact go hand in hand, if the health situation isn’t sorted then the economic impact will just roll on and on regardless of how hard anyone pushes to “reopen” things

We haven't even got a vaccine yet and the BBC seem to be on a 'fear the side effects' routine today.

I found it odd there was a lady (I assume a health expert) on the lunchtime news who was answering questions about the vaccine which to me are a complete unknown at this stage. But she was answering them almost as if they were proven, I didn’t get it. Even if they are sample testing that isn’t on a scale that is necessarily representative of 60m people.

I guess - and it is a guess - if they start on the old and the at risk, if the worst comes to the worst................... Not easy all this though is it?

I’ve just completed the REACT study to test for antibodies, all came back negative.

I’m disappointed, was hoping I’d had it and just known to have done my bit for herd immunity but not this time.

I’ve just completed the REACT study to test for antibodies, all came back negative.

I’m disappointed, was hoping I’d had it and just known to have done my bit for herd immunity but not this time.

How did you get on that? Would love to do an antibody test. Just baulking at paying yet more money. Bupa do it for £75

How did you get on that? Would love to do an antibody test. Just baulking at paying yet more money. Bupa do it for £75

Fine, no different to the first part at giving blood where they prick your finger - just had to do it yourself.

The questionnaire after was the most painful bit, felt like the Spanish Inquisition.

I believe I have been chosen at random but I did opt in to being included in such tests, so may not have been random - not sure. £75 feels steep!

France to join Germany in a second national lockdown now.

It's what we should be doing instead of faffing about with regions and tiers.

Just saw on the local news a road that borders all 3 tiers, one side in Coventry, one in Solihull and part of the road in Warwickshire all with a few yards all in different lockdown rules.
Granted they've gone out of their way to find it

Dr Nabarro from the WHO on channel 4 news saying Britain needs to look at the East as they have got two things right.

People are taking responsibility and secondly, the systems and processes to identify and and get those with the disease off the streets.

It’s so straightforward but so difficult for us in the West to do.

Dr Nabarro from the WHO on channel 4 news saying Britain needs to look at the East as they have got two things right.

People are taking responsibility and secondly, the systems and processes to identify and and get those with the disease off the streets.

It’s so straightforward but so difficult for us in the West to do.

Yes they comply with the rules or they disappear never to be seen again, unlike us Brits who are so used to behaving how we like and saying just what we want

Someone put it up on here when we first went into lockdown that countries like South Korea and Vietnam have absolutely nailed their track and trace. Vietnam have a 400 mile border with China and at one point had only had one death.

We in the meantime put serial failure Dido Harding in charge of ours and surprise surprise it is a shambles.