Coronavirus | Page 780 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

By not keeping the mask mandate and social distancing if they try and reintroduce it there will be an outcry from sections of the public that dont agree with it.

You can tell how many people in Government have never had a proper job with accountability to numbers and data. When I pull together cost reports, estimates or anything like that I have to have multiple views.

They should have vaccincated + unvaccinated with demographics mainly age and health issues. Paint the picture for us, don't let us guess because the ones who'll go off on a tangent and paint a picture thats false are the same people you're fighting with.
There is no accountability in local or national government.
It's infested with incompetent people who wouldn't last a day in the private sector.
If they get found out they just get moved to another job or if of a certain age quietly pensioned off at at tax payer expense.

Last edited:
By not keeping the mask mandate and social distancing if they try and reintroduce it there will be an outcry from sections of the public that dont agree with it.

Yes, very simple messaging could have allayed it as well. We are going to go restriction free during the summer months to give us all a break, but be aware, come the winter, we believe there will be a need for us all to revert to masks and distancing.

Wouldn't have come as a shock then would it.

But, sadly, far too logical that.

Scientists have said a new Covid variant that carries an “extremely high number” of mutations may drive further waves of disease by evading the body’s defences.

Just 10 cases so far.... the concern is the number of mutations.

The B.1.1.529 variant has 32 mutations in the spike protein, the part of the virus that most vaccines use to prime the immune system against Covid. Mutations in the spike protein can affect the virus’s ability to infect cells and spread, but also make it harder for immune cells to attack the pathogen.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-covid-variant-with-high-number-of-mutations?

Scientists have said a new Covid variant that carries an “extremely high number” of mutations may drive further waves of disease by evading the body’s defences.

Just 10 cases so far.... the concern is the number of mutations.

The B.1.1.529 variant has 32 mutations in the spike protein, the part of the virus that most vaccines use to prime the immune system against Covid. Mutations in the spike protein can affect the virus’s ability to infect cells and spread, but also make it harder for immune cells to attack the pathogen.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-covid-variant-with-high-number-of-mutations?

Wonderful!

Is this thing ever going away? I doubt it.

I do wonder when Influenza first hit the scene did people think it would be gone in a few years?

Now here we are 650 years later still vaccinating against the latest mutation.

I'm sorry to say I think Covid will be the same. Mutations will continue, as will vaccinations and it will still be around for all of our great grand children to enjoy.

Is this thing ever going away? I doubt it.

I do wonder when Influenza first hit the scene did people think it would be gone in a few years?

Now here we are 650 years later still vaccinating against the latest mutation.

I'm sorry to say I think Covid will be the same. Mutations will continue, as will vaccinations and it will still be around for all of our great grand children to enjoy.

They said that the mutations would make it more infectious but weaker as time went on. I don't know if that's still the case.

I assumed that the Spanish Flu that killed so many people 100 years ago is just part of the normal flu that goes around. Perhaps that's not true?

They said that the mutations would make it more infectious but weaker as time went on. I don't know if that's still the case.

I assumed that the Spanish Flu that killed so many people 100 years ago is just part of the normal flu that goes around. Perhaps that's not true?

Think it was the hope, not a statement of fact. Just when people were saying it could mutate into something stronger, the counter argument was many viruses mutate and become weaker/die out.

Obviously a viruses job is to replicate, so they can be clever in becoming more infectious, but if they want to replicate, they don't really want to kill the host, they want it alive to spread it more.

Think it was the hope, not a statement of fact. Just when people were saying it could mutate into something stronger, the counter argument was many viruses mutate and become weaker/die out.

Obviously a viruses job is to replicate, so they can be clever in becoming more infectious, but if they want to replicate, they don't really want to kill the host, they want it alive to spread it more.

If that's the case, there must be a lot of really weak viruses that we spread to each other all the time, possibly ones that used to be strong but have become weaker over time.

I did laugh when I read scientists were hopeful that they could contain as they had around 30 cases I think it was across a couple of different countries.

If there are 30 identified cases, there are probably 30 non-identified, next week there will 300, the week after 3,000…

That said, I’m not advocating restrictions at home, with the exceptions of light restrictions for the next wave over Xmas and new year. The government and travel industry need to work out a solution to keep this strain out of the country.

The World Health Organization will meet on Friday to assess a new variant detected in South Africa that is feared to be the worst Covid-19 variant yet identified.

The meeting will determine if the B.1.1.529 variant should be designated a variant of “interest” or of “concern”. The variant, which was identified on Tuesday, initially attracted attention because it carries an “extremely high number” of mutations.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...19-variant-as-countries-ramp-up-health-checks

Find this so very strange. Everyone else has had to carry on, but GP's are largely still not seeing patients face to face (I wouldn't mind if you could at least book an appointment the normal way - not have to race to the phone at 8am in the hope of getting through!)

GPs in England have voted in favour of taking limited forms of industrial action to protest against the government’s drive to force them to see patients face to face.

The results led the profession’s new leader to warn ministers that “demoralised, broken and exhausted” family doctors may refuse to undertake some normal duties to show their anger.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/25/gps-in-england-vote-in-favour-of-industrial-action

They could do it behind screens for most of the consultations surely?