Coronavirus | Page 779 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Setting an example doesn't do anything.

If Boris was wearing a mask 24/7 people still wouldn't wear them as its voluntary.

The issue isn't with what Boris does, it's with the policies he sets.

Setting an example doesn't do anything.

If Boris was wearing a mask 24/7 people still wouldn't wear them as its voluntary.

The issue isn't with what Boris does, it's with the policies he sets.

You lead by example though, even when policies were set, he and his sidekicks didn't do it themselves, then others don't bother either. If you see your leader wearing masks, it might just influence a few others, or at least shows respect.

You lead by example though, even when policies were set, he and his sidekicks didn't do it themselves, then others don't bother either. If you see your leader wearing masks, it might just influence a few others, or at least shows respect.

There are also some that will do the exact opposite of anything Boris tells them to do, as they didn't vote for him, saw it on Twitter or somewhere a girl saying she was all set to have the vaccine last week and because Bojo had told everyone to get it she'd decided not to as he's not telling her to do anything.

1 in 5 is an idiot and Boris is up there with them

Germany's health minister has issued his starkest warning yet on the importance of getting vaccinated. "By the end of this winter everyone in Germany will either be vaccinated, recovered or dead," Jens Spahn told a news conference in Berlin on Monday.

4th wave underway. Rapid rise in infections and full hospitals.

Ouch.

It has one of the lowest vaccination rates in Western Europe, with 68% of people fully vaccinated. Germany's infection rate is at its highest since the pandemic began, and health experts have warned this wave could be the worst yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59378548

Covid infection rates have started rising sharply in parts of Western Europe, prompting the introduction of fresh restrictions and lockdowns.

It has triggered fears the UK could follow suit. But there are plenty of reasons to believe Britain will escape the worst of what is being seen on the continent. In fact, the UK may well be in the strongest position of all to weather Covid this winter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59378849

Covid infection rates have started rising sharply in parts of Western Europe, prompting the introduction of fresh restrictions and lockdowns.

It has triggered fears the UK could follow suit. But there are plenty of reasons to believe Britain will escape the worst of what is being seen on the continent. In fact, the UK may well be in the strongest position of all to weather Covid this winter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59378849

The UK has, in effect, already had the wave the rest of Europe is seeing and has managed to avoid being swamped by it.
That is mainly because of the amount of immunity built up.

Yes. 40k cases per day for 6 months = 7.2 people with natural immunity..... And that's not including people who have had it and didn't get tested so you can probably double that.

Add to that the 16 million who have had booster doses and those who have received tother jab 1 or jab 2 in the last 6 months and it's easy to see why we're fairing much better than Europe.

I think it would be a good idea to stop all non essential travel between the UK an Europe. Just until they get a grip on it.

Its really interesting how consistent the UK number are because Irelands dailys are +/- 1,000 cases everyday. One day it was 5,000+ plus and today its like 3,600

Please can someone from the government or the NHS or whoever. Preferably someone with a brain to tell us what percentage of these people dying are unvaccinated??
I would have thought that was a very important stat.

Please can someone from the government or the NHS or whoever. Preferably someone with a brain to tell us what percentage of these people dying are unvaccinated??

You can tell how many people in Government have never had a proper job with accountability to numbers and data. When I pull together cost reports, estimates or anything like that I have to have multiple views.

They should have vaccincated + unvaccinated with demographics mainly age and health issues. Paint the picture for us, don't let us guess because the ones who'll go off on a tangent and paint a picture thats false are the same people you're fighting with.

Someone with a brain, that rules out the government, so needs to be the experts!

I am sure one of the articles I linked to the other day said out of 18 in a ward, only 4 were unvaccinated. We should be charging those who refuse treatment (the vaccine) for treatment once they get hospitalised.

I thought I read on here (from no less an authority than Fear Himself!) that he'd seen a report which indicated that if you were not vaccinated then you were 32 times as likely to die of Covid as someone who'd had their jabs.

I thought I read on here (from no less an authority than Fear Himself!) that he'd seen a report which indicated that if you were not vaccinated then you were 32 times as likely to die of Covid as someone who'd had their jabs.

Won't speak for Col, but he's echoing a point a lot of us (I think you included mate) have made. There's so much focus on infection rates, ICU's and death, but a far better breakdown of 1st/2nd jab vs idiots across those numbers would be of far greater use...particularly when talking with the idiots about vaccine importance.

As you point out above, the difference is massive and this should be being drummed home in a way the Gov/Media aren't. Fair play to the NHS folks who try and shoehorn this info into their interviews even though it's often not the question.

But it should be part of the daily information.

Yeah, actually a few reports in various press today with experts saying the Government have lost the message. I concur!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-uk-vaccine-restrictions-latest-b1963068.html

One member of the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) said that this advice needed to “be continually reinforced by the people in power”.

Kamlesh Khunti, a professor of primary care diabetes and vascular medicine, added: “We’ve lost the message; we don’t hear it as much now.”

Someone with a brain, that rules out the government, so needs to be the experts!

I am sure one of the articles I linked to the other day said out of 18 in a ward, only 4 were unvaccinated. We should be charging those who refuse treatment (the vaccine) for treatment once they get hospitalised.

Theres a double problem here, because the lack of sensible information to the public leads to very small sample examples such as this trying to get those stats out (in this case 22 people), which when grossed up the total population, could be wildly off and be providing more misinformation.