Coronavirus | Page 639 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Last updated on Tuesday 13 April 2021

1618335988050.png

127 123 died within 28 days

Very sad day really, when you see the deaths with COVID on the death certificate goes over the 150 000 mark.

150 419 on the death certificate.

2537 in hospital - 377 on ventilators

But that isn't what the 'deal' was. It was stay safe, get vaccinated, we'll get back to 'normal'... he is still saying all restrictions will end in June. That, to me, was a fucking stupid thing to promise. As was the 50% off go out and eat/spread the disease after the first lockdown.

Yep. I specifically remember saying to Mrs M at the time that i wish he hadn’t said that . Wasn’t necessary to put it like that as people will go to bed on the 21st of June in a pandemic and wake up the next morning thinking its over and it’s back to pre March 2020 life. I think there will be some disappointment .

Yup, I think we all agreed at the point 'not before' was going to be completely ignored by everyone and it would turn into 'on X day'.

It's the one time the Gov have actually been clear really, but in an attempt to use Boris-speak or make him sound commanding, it naively failed to account for headlines, the press, word of mouth, normal folks who don't spend hours watching the £2.6m depravity press conferences and so on.

So as usual, a shit shambles.

In better news, old man gets his jab tomorrow - he got involved in the Novamax trial ages ago (ran through a place he did another trial for years back trying to be helpful). He either gets the proper vaccine (or a placebo jab/second jab for their figures if he had had the real thing before I think) but it's one of their main trials they are using to get accreditation in the UK.

I'd misunderstood before what the trial was.

Missus also gets second jab on Friday, so I can relax further.

Interesting it's been extended now, must mean they are very confident mixing vacc's doesn't have a detrimental effect which was always the worry.

Just had a call from my GP - second vaccination has been brought forward from 28th April to this Friday.

I'd heard from a few people that this was happening, so half expected a call. They are certainly rattling through round here.

Last updated on Wednesday 14 April 2021

1618415014107.png

2481 in hospital - 370 on ventilators

127 161 within 28 days. 150 419 on death certificate.

I have always thought mixing vaccines might be a good thing, as all a vaccine does is train your own immune system to resist a virus, so to my way of thinking training it to attack from two angles might be even better than one.
Also if the first one didn't work the second different one might.

It would be nice if we could be given an anti body test to see if they have worked ?

How does this pandemic end?

Does it die out because we all get the vaccine?

Or does it just keep swirling around the globe and festering in places like Brazil?

Or is there going to come a point where we just give up and let it work itself out?

How does this pandemic end?

Does it die out because we all get the vaccine?

Or does it just keep swirling around the globe and festering in places like Brazil?

Or is there going to come a point where we just give up and let it work itself out?

It won’t end, it’s virtually impossible to eradicate every case surely so that it dies out.

I think we’ll need the scientists to stay on top of vaccinations and hope immune systems over time recognise the disease. It’ll probably become one of the four I believe variants of standard flu.

That’s my understanding anyway.

The time to eradicate it was within the first couple of weeks, now I guess it's going to be the dominate 'flu' we are used to each year.

Public Health England (PHE) has detected 77 cases of a new Covid-19 variant, which first emerged in India, in the UK.

The variant is considered to have concerning epidemiological, immunological or pathogenic properties, and has been designated a Variant Under Investigation (VUI).

The presence of two key mutations, E484Q and L452R, means the new Indian variant may be more infectious and harder for the immune system to target.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-india-variant-uk-coronavirus-b1832502.html