Coronavirus | Page 640 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

• The discovery of a new Covid-19 variant in the UK, which was first identified in India, features two mutations that could be a cause for concern, an expert has said
  • Boris Johnson's trip to India will still go ahead later this month, Downing Street says, despite concerns about soaring cases and the newly identified variant

21st of June .
They think its all over ....
It is ..not now.
Cases rising quickly in Chile, despite a very successful vaccination rollout.

The frustration and confusion many Chileans are feeling over the renewed lockdown is due partly to the fact that just two months ago, President Sebastián Piñera was boasting about Chile having one of the fastest vaccination rollouts in the world.

Critics have accused the Piñera government of getting caught up in triumphalism over the vaccine rollout and of having loosened coronavirus restrictions too fast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-56731801

Cases rising quickly in Chile, despite a very successful vaccination rollout.

The frustration and confusion many Chileans are feeling over the renewed lockdown is due partly to the fact that just two months ago, President Sebastián Piñera was boasting about Chile having one of the fastest vaccination rollouts in the world.

Critics have accused the Piñera government of getting caught up in triumphalism over the vaccine rollout and of having loosened coronavirus restrictions too fast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-56731801

answers perfectly, the questions over the speed of our loosening of lockdown really doesn't it? Saw it explained on Peston the other night.

We've had no lockdowns here. Business as usual and hardly anyone wears masks. I have people come up to me and say "you know you don't have to wear a mask, right?" and I look at them, shake my head and say "I know, I care about other people and a piece of fabric covering my nose and mouth is the least I can to to help" they don't like that and I usually get called some not so polite names and then I say "bless your heart" and walk away.

If you don't know in the South, when someone says bless your heart it can be a nice thing, but sometimes it is a nice way of saying "fuck off you moron". Context is everything.

re Chile: hard to know if it's too fast or the efficiacy of the sinovac and the manner of their rollout -
guess we'll have our own figures in 10 days or so to guage the effect

I don't like to admit I'm wrong very often, but on this occasion I'm...... Not fully right.

Yeah, not really even about any of us being right or wrong mate, is it? We are just grappling through all this, trying to trust those in charge and finding it difficult!