Coronavirus | Page 60 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Time will tell, to me I think you either do it, or you don't do it, can't see how there can be a middle ground really.

Every time Johnson & Co say they are going to do this or do that I immediately think but you should have been doing these things weeks ago.

And when they say they are considering doing something positive I think - do it now you dithering buffoons.

You implement a policy and give it 100% backing. Instead, this lot dither and leave people confused through poor explanations and are forced to fully explain the next day.

It's no wonder every time Johnson opens his mouth the pound crashes some more.

We seem to be doing the opposite of pretty much every other (not all) country?

Then again, places are far far quieter, so the gentle nudging is having some effect.

Main thing we need is the tests, then people will know they have it and can/should be fined if they are out and about spreading it.

I genuinely wonder how mental this is going to make people.

I like isolation myself, and have loads of things to do usually, but even I'm getting agitated.

It will drive far more sociable people insane.

I've been told that the 'death figures' which are being reported are somewhat less than the figures that are actually being supplied to COBR.

Last edited:
Interesting information. If people weren't such selfish pricks, this wouldn't be needed, but because they are, they'll have to be treated as kids and that impacts on all of us.

Bringing out the best in some people though, people volunteering to help those who are isolated and so on. A young neighbour of mine has been in touch with a good few of us saying he's happy to help if he can. Made me chuffed a young person would think like that, but also gutted I was considered old! LOL

Phrase I heard tonight was whether people will look in the mirror during this time .
The village where I live has a volunteer run shop/post office .
Those that volunteer (like my parents) are in the 70 plus bracket and quite rightly are deciding to step back. So they are only able to open sparingly now .
Wonder how many working from home can spare some time or how many parents will push their older kids who are now off school to spare some time over the next 4 or 5 months before or after their studies .

Hardly any traffic tonight, just shows how many people could work from home if they really tried

I think the issue is with the stereotypical 50 something year old director, who wants to see their staff working. I’ve worked a companies where there is no way they’d trust you to work from home, yet my current company half the U.K. team do so.

It’s definitely a good thing for 90% of people, there’s always that 10% that ruin it by being piss takers but the technology and bosses will wise up to that.

Army on the streets by mid April. Definitely feels like a war now.

Maybe a bad choice of words Sil - feels nothing like a war and my only experience of one was Afgan and Iraq - the latter, owing to my age, should've been a greater concern but even as a school kid, it had no effect on me, it happened elsewhere.

The army on bollocks spiked the other day from the batshit sites - posting out old pictures and pretending they were current on London.

London's closer to a type of martial law because they aren't following the advice and you've got dickheads saying - and I quote roughly from a BBC interview earlier today.

"I'll go out if I want to, maybe other people should isolate so I'm fine".

The rest of the country is at no risk on that front - but it's no surprise as Londoners always feel they are the centre of the universe and can do their own thing.

Really? Where I live life is great. People are pulling together, and there is a real sense of community. People are rising to the challenge.

Most around me seem to be just getting on with it and being sensible in the process.

Went the shop earlier after yesterday's Spaghetti drama, and I had to wait to be served...so I took a few further steps back from the lass in front. Owner serving used the gel after we'd both finished swapping cash and I gave my hands a quick swill after I returned.

It's not exactly rocket science for me.

The supermarkets have taken a strong stance in trying to set the rules and enforce the morals we should all have naturally, but the vast cultural differences in the cities in the U.K. make it a free for all.

That said, given the amount of cash the retailers are taking at the moment it would be a nice gesture for them to reduce their debtor days from the usual 90 if not 120, to 30 temporarily in order to allow suppliers to get the raw materials in.