Coronavirus | Page 592 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

My wife said she read with the Oxford one you can get shivers/fever in the night - which can be offset by taking paracetamol before you go to bed.

I can confirm sir, your good lady is, indeed, correct!

From what I can gather, more people seem to react to the Oxford one than the Pfizer but like the flu jabs, it just all depends. I've had the flu jabs before and noticed nothing, I've had them where I've felt I've got a bug a few days.

Last edited:
My wife said she read with the Oxford one you can get shivers/fever in the night - which can be offset by taking paracetamol before you go to bed.

Lasted for 3 night when I had it. The third wasn't as bad, but on the first 2 getting into bed instantly felt like I was getting into an oven.

Last updated on Tuesday 02 March 2021 at 4:00pm

1614704124443.png

12 748 in hospital - 1806 on ventilators

123 296 died within 28 days - 140 062 with Covid on their death certificates.

I did laugh when I saw Ashworth asking Hancock a fundamental question about why test and trace didn’t ask or somehow get this Brazilian persons bloody address.

If government incompetence is a reason for stopping us seeing our families in the near future because a new strain is out there that is a concern, I think I’m going to flip and say some things about those people that some might think is out of order.

I did laugh when I saw Ashworth asking Hancock a fundamental question about why test and trace didn’t ask or somehow get this Brazilian persons bloody address.

If government incompetence is a reason for stopping us seeing our families in the near future because a new strain is out there that is a concern, I think I’m going to flip and say some things about those people that some might think is out of order.

This is the trouble. I think people will look back at all this and be 'ok' about the time spent and sacrifices (not talking about the bigger picture looking at their lack of action/bad contracts etc, that has to be looked at and covered up dealt with) IF the vaccines continue apace and we do all get back to a nearer normal by the dates they are saying.

IF they have fucked up and let yet another variant in that isn't covered by the vaccines, I think there will be hell to pay, absolutely.

Rumours circulating from journalists that furlough will be extended tomorrow until september.
Which kind of equates to us being locked down all year cus September will be the start of flu season.
Have to wait for tomorrow i suppose but if right i really fear for 2021.
If right also the government MUST know something they are not telling us. They must do. This just doesnt make sense.

This is the trouble. I think people will look back at all this and be 'ok' about the time spent and sacrifices (not talking about the bigger picture looking at their lack of action/bad contracts etc, that has to be looked at and covered up dealt with) IF the vaccines continue apace and we do all get back to a nearer normal by the dates they are saying.

IF they have fucked up and let yet another variant in that isn't covered by the vaccines, I think there will be hell to pay, absolutely.

Indeed, I am happy to put up with this for a few more weeks as it’s been a long slog anyway but if incompetence at the top prolongs what should be finally getting to see our family....

On another note, I didn’t realise David Harewood was a brummie. Just watching his documentary about the impact of COVID on the BAME community. Very interesting

Rumours circulating from journalists that furlough will be extended tomorrow until september.
Which kind of equates to us being locked down all year cus September will be the start of flu season.
Have to wait for tomorrow i suppose but if right i really fear for 2021.
If right also the government MUST know something they are not telling us. They must do. This just doesnt make sense.

I fucking hope not. It’s getting to a point then where you need the higher risk to lock themselves in and let the rest of us live, to get the economy back on its feet and improve the mental health of the nation.

Indeed, I am happy to put up with this for a few more weeks as it’s been a long slog anyway but if incompetence at the top prolongs what should be finally getting to see our family....

On another note, I didn’t realise David Harewood was a brummie. Just watching his documentary about the impact of COVID on the BAME community. Very interesting

Another Washwood lad :tophat: But sadly a nose.

Just watching Euronews and the sex workers in Amsterdam are out on the streets protesting about the fact that hairdressers and non essential shops are allowed to open but they are still not allowed to work. They interviewed one who said she didnt have to touch her clients. Now I am scratching my head trying to work out how you can have sex with someone without touching them.
:hmmm:

Phew, knocked me out a bit this vaccine. I thought it might, as it seems a fair few get that from the Oxford one. Nothing too bad, but that feeling like flu is coming on, aching muscles etc. Will have a chilled day, only lasts a day or two after-all! Glad at my decision to use this as a rest week from the gym now!

Just watching Euronews and the sex workers in Amsterdam are out on the streets protesting about the fact that hairdressers and non essential shops are allowed to open but they are still not allowed to work. They interviewed one who said she didnt have to touch her clients. Now I am scratching my head trying to work out how you can have sex with someone without touching them.

Perhaps she's offering Louis CK specials?

You clearly have a very limited imagination on this subject!

Phew, knocked me out a bit this vaccine. I thought it might, as it seems a fair few get that from the Oxford one. Nothing too bad, but that feeling like flu is coming on, aching muscles etc. Will have a chilled day, only lasts a day or two after-all! Glad at my decision to use this as a rest week from the gym now!
man up!:throw:

I think the Oxford one actually contains the virus whilst the others don't they are some sort of synthetic thing

Last edited: