Coronavirus | Page 594 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Last updated on Thursday 4 March 2021 at 4:00pm

1614878673911.png

12 136 in hospital - 1647 on ventilators

124 025 died within 28 days - 140 062 with covid on their death certificates.

Covid cases could be on the rise in four areas of England, new data from one of the country’s biggest studies on the virus reveals.

While the ninth React report, published on Thursday by Imperial College London and Ipsos MORI, shows infections in England have fallen by two-thirds since January’s study, rates of decline have slowed.

There was no change in Covid prevalence in in Yorkshire and The Humber between the January and February reports, while cases had risen slightly in London, the South East, East Midlands and the West Midlands.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...gland-react-study_uk_60408626c5b6ff75ac4174cb

Still aching, arm less sore, so I would imagine it will have settled by tomorrow.

Hopefully you are fit and well with it, fingers crossed. It is nothing major anyway, just a minor inconvenience really!

Didn't feel a thing when it went in which I thought was unusual as I normally get a small sting with injections. Had it at our mass vaccine centre which was only working at about two thirds of capacity.

Wow the side effects of this Oxford jab are not nice.

What have you got?..
All I had was a weird metallic taste immediately that lasted a day . I also felt a bit 'woozy' straight away but that went as the day wore on.
Bit weird getting those by the time I got back to the car..

What have you got?..
All I had was a weird metallic taste immediately that lasted a day . I also felt a bit 'woozy' straight away but that went as the day wore on.
Bit weird getting those by the time I got back to the car..

Woke up at 6.30 am with a fever, aches and pains everywhere plus my throat felt funny too. Luckily it's got better as the day has gone on.

Woke up at 6.30 am with a fever, aches and pains everywhere plus my throat felt funny too. Luckily it's got better as the day has gone on.
I had nothing whatsoever for two days, but then on the third day funny throat, and rib cage felt like I had been on the wrong end of a punch up.

From the BBC further evidence of how the poor are suffering much greater hardship-
For some of the most deprived areas in England, January was the deadliest month since the pandemic began. One town that has suffered greatly is Burnley in Lancashire.
New ONS figures show deaths in the town from Covid-19 and all other causes were higher in January than the peak of the first wave in April 2020.
New Analysis for the BBC from the University of Manchester shows that in January the Covid mortality rate in Burnley was more than double the English average, and deaths from all causes were 60 per cent higher than the English average.
The government says it is committed to reducing deprivation and has spent over £100bn on welfare support during Covid and is supporting local councils.
Our special correspondent Ed Thomas has been with those helping families struggling financially at the same time as bereavement.

They keep encouraging everyone here to get the vaccine. The King and all of the VIPs are telling everyone to take whatever vaccine is available. They are constantly in the news about how the vaccines are safe.

I think it's spin from the government trying to suggest that the slow vaccination programme is because of public hesitancy to take the vaccine rather than their failure to secure enough doses.

So far, Malaysia has received around 500k doses for a population of 30m.

They keep encouraging everyone here to get the vaccine. The King and all of the VIPs are telling everyone to take whatever vaccine is available. They are constantly in the news about how the vaccines are safe.

I think it's spin from the government trying to suggest that the slow vaccination programme is because of public hesitancy to take the vaccine rather than their failure to secure enough doses.

So far, Malaysia has received around 500k doses for a population of 30m.

Anecdotally talking to people, does it seem they are resistant or positive to have it?

From the BBC further evidence of how the poor are suffering much greater hardship-
For some of the most deprived areas in England, January was the deadliest month since the pandemic began. One town that has suffered greatly is Burnley in Lancashire.
New ONS figures show deaths in the town from Covid-19 and all other causes were higher in January than the peak of the first wave in April 2020.
New Analysis for the BBC from the University of Manchester shows that in January the Covid mortality rate in Burnley was more than double the English average, and deaths from all causes were 60 per cent higher than the English average.
The government says it is committed to reducing deprivation and has spent over £100bn on welfare support during Covid and is supporting local councils.
Our special correspondent Ed Thomas has been with those helping families struggling financially at the same time as bereavement.

More ethnic minorites (who it appears are suffering worse) and poor diets/lack of exercise facilities meaning more obesity one assumes, so not a surprise this. Also, plenty on minimum wages and zero hour contracts, if they don't turn up, they don't get paid.

Ouch.