Coronavirus | Page 391 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Where at? Postal seems to have stopped. Someone I know who lives in Worcestershire, was told he'd have to go to Edgbaston for his test, another the other side of the Malverns, the same. When they tried to book a slot, it was all full.

They have stopped doing them at Edgbaston now. There was also a testing centre in a lorry park opposite the office in town , but that has also closed .

I struggle to believe you I'm afraid sirdennis, our elected leaders have assured us all we have more than enough capacity and that the system is world class. You are either mistaken, or they are lying, and it is too hard to believe the latter, they are usually so up front and honest with us all.

I struggle to believe you I'm afraid sirdennis, our elected leaders have assured us all we have more than enough capacity and that the system is world class. You are either mistaken, or they are lying, and it is too hard to believe the latter, they are usually so up front and honest with us all.

Lol. I did wonder if they stopped them at Edgbaston because there was cricket being played , but we will see when the season ends.

I really dont understand the resistance to the rule of 6 TBH. Do we want a full lock down back? Are those critising the rule in full command of all the facts around the rule of 6? Is it inconvenient? Yes but the alternative is terrible. This is going to be future from now on loosening and tightening of rules as the virus continues along it's way. We need to get used to it.

I've just been thinking, since the mask-wearing became compulsory infections have been on the rise. Have they led to a feeling of immunity?

I've just been thinking, since the mask-wearing became compulsory infections have been on the rise. Have they led to a feeling of immunity?

Possibly . Especially those masks that some fcuktards think should be worn without covering the nose or mouth and actually sit below the chin.
Maybe those ones don’t work.

I wouldn't think so, I think people have just been a bit lax in social distancing and gatherings, and we still have a highly transmittable virus going through the population. The government need to consider locking down vulnerable people in nursing homes etc now, because they are the most at risk.

I really dont understand the resistance to the rule of 6 TBH. Do we want a full lock down back? Are those critising the rule in full command of all the facts around the rule of 6? Is it inconvenient? Yes but the alternative is terrible. This is going to be future from now on loosening and tightening of rules as the virus continues along it's way. We need to get used to it.

6 from 6 households. It makes the chances of catching it more in my opinion. 6 from 2 or maybe 3 households, I'd get.

It's going to be worse I'm afraid.

Mrs M (nhs as you probably know) has had 6 staff going into testing and isolation in the last 5 days. All children related as their kids have symptoms. Schools are open aren't they.
Blimey .

This is what they mean when the schools will be last to shut. We are not going to cope how things are. Things like pubs, sporting events etc will have to scale back and/or close.

Last edited:
This exemption from wearing a mask bollocks makes me mad.

My wife is asthmatic and has been virtually all of her life. She works at Amazon doing 4 x 10 hour shifts a week usually in hot not very well ventilated conditions. At Amazon you must wear a mask with no exceptions. Does she moan about it.............no. She also despite being exempt, always wears a mask when she goes out shopping. Yes she has been using her inhalers more than usual, but as she says she would rather be alive.

Mrs Sir D says that after 2 days back at school , everyone seems to have forgotten about social distancing etc. The measures the school put in place to make it Covid safe aren't working in practice .

Mrs Sir D says that after 2 days back at school , everyone seems to have forgotten about social distancing etc. The measures the school put in place to make it Covid safe aren't working in practice .

And there wasn't many precautions being taken at junior 1's football match yesterday despite the pages of guidelines sent by the FA.
Not once did I see anyone go near the table with disinfectant spray and gel. Most importantly after the game no one went near it.The balls only changed when they got kicked in the hedges or over a fence and didnt see them get wiped .
Parents stood together like in normal circumstances. I was going to run the line but kept a low profile as wanted to see how it all went. There is a respect barrier that keeps the spectators back . This wasn't far enough back in my humble so consequently the linesman was obviously up and down in front of them, to close in my humble.

Think how many times this is replicated up and down the country .
Pissing in the wind I'm afraid.

Last edited: