Coronavirus | Page 344 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

While hairdressers around England have reopened, beauticians have had to stand back and watch, not yet allowed to see customers amid the coronavirus pandemic. Some workers think it unfair and feel frustrated. And to compound matters, there have also been concerns a multi billion-pound industry is being belittled by sexism.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53305448

Tat parlours are still shut aswell aren't they?
Total shambles mate, as we have come to expect from this lot.

And you really don't get much cleaner and more sterile than tattoo/piercing shops. Quite why this Government can't join the dots is beyond me. Doing nails and toenails you can be at a bit of a distance, i.e. with nails, arms length! The client and the manicurist could wear a mask. Done.

That was my point (with it picking up sexism angle) it's not for me - it's based on close proximity for a lengthier period BUT it's based on assumptions that simply aren't true (and assumptions that clearly don't apply to other businesses).

As you say JF, you can't get much more sterile than Tats - they are already prepared on that front. And on a distancing front you're easily pushing a metre for mani/pedi etc if you set up sensibly.

Just not joined up at all, but hey ho, we can go out and buy burgers and get pissed.

Well, here's a surprise... they cooked the books in testing to show rising numbers for the daily briefings. Who would have thunk it?

"As Britain sought to assemble its coronavirus testing programme, all the usual rules were broken.

In their effort to release rapid data to show the increase in testing capacity, officials from Public Health England (PHE) and the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) "hand-cranked" the numbers to ensure a constant stream of rising test numbers were available for each day's press conference, Sky News has been told.

An internal audit later confirmed that some of those figures simply didn't add up."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...c-testing-regime-broke-all-the-rules-12022566

I saw a post on Twitter earlier (I can't find it now and I didn't like or retweet it) that looked like a screenshot saying that limited numbers of spectators will be allowed to attend competitive sports events from 31st July, with a further increase (no further spread permitting) on 31st August. I wondered if it may be a leak of what the culture secretary will announce later? Has anyone else seen anything similar?

I saw a post on Twitter earlier (I can't find it now and I didn't like or retweet it) that looked like a screenshot saying that limited numbers of spectators will be allowed to attend competitive sports events from 31st July, with a further increase (no further spread permitting) on 31st August. I wondered if it may be a leak of what the culture secretary will announce later? Has anyone else seen anything similar?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...nfident-fans-returning-stadiums-autumn-using/

Paywalled, so if you don't have it, see here:

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...nded-coronavirus.103482/page-166#post-2352730

Well the raising of lockdown has filtered through to down here.
I just got back from a great dog walk but had to reverse along little narrow lanes five times.
Not had to do it once in the last three months.
Apparently Range Rovers sold to city dwellers arent fitted with reverse gears.

Last edited:
Well, here's a surprise... they cooked the books in testing to show rising numbers for the daily briefings. Who would have thunk it?

"As Britain sought to assemble its coronavirus testing programme, all the usual rules were broken.

In their effort to release rapid data to show the increase in testing capacity, officials from Public Health England (PHE) and the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) "hand-cranked" the numbers to ensure a constant stream of rising test numbers were available for each day's press conference, Sky News has been told.

An internal audit later confirmed that some of those figures simply didn't add up."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...c-testing-regime-broke-all-the-rules-12022566

No, I find that impossible to believe. We have a world beating testing and tracing system.

Well the raising of lockdown has filtered through to down here.
I just got back from a great dog walk but had to reverse along little norrow lanes five times.
Not had to do it once in the last three months.
Apparently Range Rovers sold to city dwellers arent fitted with reverse gears.

Well with my stiff neck they'd be sat there a few hours waiting for me to back up

Oh I didn't know there was a press conference today.

It seems the Gov have finally remembered other industries given lockdown has been over for ages.

Not been mentioned

It’s incredible how hard they work to cover up their pitfalls... if only they were that efficient at getting the things to work in the first place.