Coronavirus | Page 342 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I know. We all wanted to be tested in light of Miss Sir Dennis's finding out she had had it , but nothing doing.

Yes, I remember at one point they were talking about wanting you all to be tested as well weren't they, or was the actual virus tester, not the antigen one? I remember you were a bit confliced.

Yes, I remember at one point they were talking about wanting you all to be tested as well weren't they, or was the actual virus tester, not the antigen one? I remember you were a bit confliced.

Yes they said in one of the press conferences that all NHS staff and their immediate family were to have an actual test but nothing came of that.

Miss Sir Dennis has never had a test at work. The antibody test only came about as she volunteered for one of the trials.

You'll love this one. I've been to my daughter's today and my Grandaughter who is 4 in 3 weeks time and was so excited we could come in the house again burst out with,

"Grandad, this is a special day because the man with the funny hair said you and Nanny could come into our bubble and get closer to us again"

The tears rolled down my face laughing at her

Meanwhile in America

Neighbors Of States Lifting Restrictions Worry That They’ll Have To Deal With The Consequences.

“That’s like having a peeing section in the swimming pool,” Jeffrey Duchin, a public health official in Seattle and King County of a state-by-state approach to lifting shutdown orders.

Boris Johnson has been criticised for saying "too many care homes didn't really follow the procedures" during the coronavirus outbreak.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53315178

:hmmm:

If there is a Tory government in power, you just know chapter 1 of the COVID inquiry will be care homes, so that the government can deflect the attention and blame onto another party for a year a la Grenfell.

Boris takes some stick here but care homes are privately funded and milk the government for a lot of money every week for "care" . Many are owned by doctors and the Doctors wife is an Ex nurse and the Matron. They are run to make money wrinkle farms they were dubbed when Maggie's lot set them up. They allowed this free enterprise.
As I've said many times when you pay peanuts you get monkeys, They have one qualified staff on in a Nursing home, the rest will be anyone they can get to wipe bums for £8 an hour.
Care home I'm not even sure there has to be a qualified nurse on duty.

They are a private business who make a lot of money and have made a lot of money during this pandemic.

They do however need looking into the big time, they should be forced to employ registered nurses, not someone with an NVQ.

They are a scandal in their own right, blaming the government for their own incompetences in most cases

sorry but this is a subject that boils my piss and My ex-wife worked in many homes as an agency nurse and they are all the same hence them employing agency staff for night duty

Yes, we've covered this before 57, privately funded, a lot struggle, they are only private because the Government wanted shot of the responsibility and private or not, as you will no doubt agree, they are still UK citizens in there who deserved to be looked after, not left to die in huge numbers.

I think there are lot of interesting tales and accusations to come out of this from the scientists in a couple of years. They’ve hardly filled themselves with glory though, they were very naive and to me look like old dogs new tricks with how they understood COVID. They thought it was flu, like most of us did on here (not everyone though a few were worried, fulford I think) when you look back at the first few pages - difference is we’re football fans not medical experts.

Last edited:
I think there are lot of interesting takes and accusations to come out of this from the scientists in a couple of years. They’ve hardly filled themselves with glory though, they were very naive and to me look like old dogs new tricks with how they understood COVID. They thought it was flu, like most of us did on here (not everyone though a few were worried, fulford I think) when you look back at the first few pages - difference is we’re football fans not medical experts.
I think where the science is under the microscope that bit more is on the modelling side of things (everything from the assumptions made to the apparent state of the code that some senior scientists have deployed - i.e. not production grade) and those who believe that nudge theory is a good way to direct people during a pandemic.

I think where the science is under the microscope that bit more is on the modelling side of things (everything from the assumptions made to the apparent state of the code that some senior scientists have deployed - i.e. not production grade) and those who believe that nudge theory is a good way to direct people during a pandemic.

I think the points are related, for the modelling to work you need to know how quickly the virus spreads - in this case high. Luckily, it doesn’t have the fatality rate or SARS or MERS.

When you look at how the Asian countries dealt with this - including China - it’s remarkable, because they have had more exposure to other viruses like those two and zika.

I’m reading the Covid Catastrohpe (I think it’s called) by Richard Horton, and he talks about cognitive bias. He argues that we typically base our judgement on what we know, whereas the Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese experts were trying to understand this new virus after the announcement from the WHO, whereas we had Dr Jenny Harries coerced into a room, with Boris sat over her saying in a roundabout way the economy shouldn’t stop, mass gatherings do not need to be halted nor do we have a need to test test test.

As for nudge theory, too many people with half a brain (like one or two in this thread at a push :grinning:) see through it now. It’s like a sledge hammer through glass. Herd immunity was a poor example of nudge because we were all scared for the lives of our grannies!

:slap:

A number of pubs in England have shut after customers tested positive for coronavirus.

At least three establishments announced they had shut their doors again just days after reopening at the weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53315702

I'd have never thought that would happen, I mean actually owning up to having positive tests. Never mind shutting.
Most of them will have someone test positive within the next 14 days it's inevitable is it not?
Drunk people not social distancing and all that

I can't help looking at those muppets in the Video above and thinking why can we rid the world of these selfish bastards, I really hope this is the plan