Coronavirus | Page 345 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Nail bars and tattoo parlours can reopen from 13th July.

Gyms and indoor swimming pools from 25th July.

For anyone who wonders why Pangloss is having a breakdown, he thought for a moment this was the match thread PMSL

Arguably he may be technically correct and Jonathan Moss is most definitely a virus.

out of interest when do the small people break up from school or are the teachers working through their 6 weeks annual summer holiday?

Our lot finish next Friday 17th, and will return in September as normal, as things stand.

my little Granddaughter starts in September, thankfully it's one of these schools where there are only 100 kids or something like that in the whole school, so her class will only be 15ish kids, she'll be just 4 but she does know who the man with the funny hair is "He's called Boris, Grandad" bless her

Last updated on Thursday 9 July 2020 at 4:04pm
Total number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Total number of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Number of additional cases on Thursday 9 July 2020
Total number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Deaths of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Number of additional deaths on Thursday 9 July 2020

It seems the "R" rate in creeping back up in England although in the U.K it remains the same.

The coronavirus R number has risen in England, with the government data stating that it could now be as high as 1.

The reproduction number, which indicates the rate of new Covid-19 infections, has remained at 0.7-1 across the UK as a whole, but in England it has now risen to 0.8-1.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...e-england-july-10_uk_5f085e4ac5b63a72c3407172

Last updated on Friday 10 July 2020 at 4:02pm
Total number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Total number of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Number of additional cases on Friday 10 July 2020
Total number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Deaths of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Number of additional deaths on Friday 10 July 2020

New York Times on Sweden

This is what has happened: Not only have thousands more people died than in neighboring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better.

“They literally gained nothing,” said Jacob F. Kirkegaard, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington. “It’s a self-inflicted wound, and they have no economic gains.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/..._YzyvE6v-hJQ7e0C1Hj4hvnArlnf7NsmmZZ58vqcQODMk

It seems the "R" rate in creeping back up in England although in the U.K it remains the same.

The coronavirus R number has risen in England, with the government data stating that it could now be as high as 1.

The reproduction number, which indicates the rate of new Covid-19 infections, has remained at 0.7-1 across the UK as a whole, but in England it has now risen to 0.8-1.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...e-england-july-10_uk_5f085e4ac5b63a72c3407172

The 2 danger areas appear to be Wales and the South West.

I wore a mask today for the first time it has to be said. Went to town on the train to give blood. Got the 7.30 train which had 5 carriages and had about 10 people on it so there was no problem with social distancing lol.

Did they have masks on? Few have said, despite them being compulsory, that people aren't bothering?

So the U.K. government is now of the opinion - like most of the eastern world, hard hit countries in Europe and even the calamity that is the US - that masks are a good thing.

With all the brains and science in the world, surely this was advice the U.K. government should’ve been clear on 16th century, what with a pandemic being the number 1 risk on our risk register. The evidence to me was there early on from the studies I saw, but it’s much more effective if both people in close proximity wear a mask - not just one.

https://apple.news/AlQZu_EaTTiSiviyXw-9GDw

Did they have masks on? Few have said, despite them being compulsory, that people aren't bothering?

I think the problem is because it isn’t in our culture to wear masks, people forget - and that’s been my problem a few times.

I have started wearing them when I go to shops on my two last visits to Tesco and to the hair dresser.

Well if masks are becoming compulsory then eye coverings need to be too.
The eyes are alot bigger than the nostrils.
Pointless making masks compulsory and leaving the eyes wide open. Just doing half a job.