Corona Virus - What happens to football? | Page 10 | Vital Football

Corona Virus - What happens to football?

So when are they planning to start again?

And are they expecting to start next season at the same time as usual? If so there will be hardly any pre season or prep for the teams that go down which would be unfair as I guess if the championship doesn't go ahead they'd be able to prep and have a preseason.

Also what's the situ with loan players who have come back as their season has ended like Gilmour and Famewo. Can the play for us this season?

Also what's the situ with loan players who have come back as their season has ended like Gilmour and Famewo. Can the play for us this season?
Sadly, no. The FA were pretty quick off the mark to announce that. Mind you, with Byram, Hernandez and Klose now back fit we have a fully fit squad to choose from.

South Korea has closed schools again following a peak in infections. If a PL player becomes infected in the middle of June, there are likely to be many cross infections before he even develops symptoms. Big risk of increase R across the country if matches are to be played Home and Away.

Stupid.
Stupid.
Stupid.

... And I see Leicester are playing Leicester. I wonder who will win that tight encounter.

Three eminent scientists from the SAGE committee have said there are grave dangers in relaxing the lockdown restrictions. The government is supposed to be listening and acting on this advice , yet are allowing this full contact training and playing football to go ahead. Money is now the guiding factor with this deadly virus and not the health and safety of the population. It is shameful beyond belief that Premier League football will now go ahead which can only result in more deaths

Last edited:
What happens if say 5 players at a club get the virus? Would they cancel the game, just play it and the club have a disadvantage because they are missing 5 key players which seems unfair, move the game to another date? Or how about if a player has been tested and it is negative then a couple of days later he players but is positive without knowing it and thus passes it on to others (look at Bennett tested negative in the week then two days later is positive). Did Refs get a say in the decision on restarting?

Well , PL football gets the go ahead from the Government .....hardly a decision based on health , safety , welfare and one taken against the advice of scientists . How on earth can we hope for people to stick to social distancing while this idiotic government give the go ahead to a full contact sport . With an estimated 8,000 Covid19 infections a day then expect trouble

I saw on Facebook someone saying that they might let 20k fans go to the FA Cup final if the covid-19 numbers drop - is that true or was someone just making things up?