Corona Virus - What happens to football? | Page 11 | Vital Football

Corona Virus - What happens to football?

That appears unlikely as the current accuracy from Chief Scientific advisors usually ranges over a number of about 0.3. Way too large to make such a big call.

I wouldn’t want to go anyway . I don’t fancy a day of being near 20,000 non social distancing pissed up virus carrying dickheads.

FourFourtyTwo magazine seems to think we are already down. They had an article about the 5 talking points for the remainder of the season and the 5th point was relegation they wrote..

'Five teams appear at particular risk of joining norwich in the championship next season ..'

Just saw pics of training. Leitner looks to have lost alot of weight. Looks very skinny.

Is it true that we are going to have a friendly match with QPR before the season restarts?

The Athletic mentioned it.

My response on article copied form main page.

Personally I would be happy to see the greedy premier league implode and getting back to a competitive competition and it would have been one small bright spot during theses terrible times. Sadly the financial issues caused by Coronavirus are making it even more difficult for the smaller and less rich clubs in terms of competing against the buy success clubs.
The broadcasters who started this ridiculous inflated cost league by throwing in crazy money which generally goes to obscenely paid players, are now creating a situation where the greedy players get to keep huge wages whilst the income is withdrawn, thus leaving rich owners paying back the money out of their small change whilst smaller clubs go down the pan.

The impossible ‘ self funded in premier league ‘ experiment by the Smiffs which has already failed, will now mean selling most of the valuable player assets
( probably for much reduced fees ) and getting stranded in championship with an average mainly overseas squad not capable of mounting a promotion challenge.

If the payments back to broadcasters are spread out over next 2 years then it is further evidence of the lack of making 2 / 3 good signings last summer to help survival was a financial disaster as now the money has to be paid back anyway but without future premier league income.

So it does sound like we are going to get a friendly game in before the 20th. I can see the reasons why - get players match fit and used to the empty stadium (we haven't had Ipswich this season to get used to it). On the other hand I can see some issues - what happens if players get injured? Can a suspension carry over into the league if say it was a bad red card? What happens if they lose to QPR that could damage any motivation. Also the fact they have to travel if it is an away game. Get the game at Carrow Road I say. The papers say the opposition has to be within 90 minutes (is that driving)? but this can be avoided if there are no teams in that radius who can play - so basically there are no real restrictions. Why don't we just paly a local side like King Lynn?