Cook out or keep faith | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cook out or keep faith

Sack Cook now or keep him until until the end of season

• Sack

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Keep

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters
It's still a risky twist. Also, I reckon Cook is half decent........... though I concede that the next two games will be an immense test of the character of everyone involved - Manager, coaching staff and players

I'd argue it far riskier sticking. The form over a long period of time has been appalling, the manager doesn't know what to do and we're only heading one way. He's under that much pressure he probably doesn't know what day of the week it is. Much better to get in someone else in who hasn't that baggage, isn't under that pressure who can think clearly and logically. No brainier decision for me. I recall Birmingham changing manager a few years back at this point when they replaced zola - they were dead and buried and stayed up. For me there is no longer any doubt in my mind we're going down without change.

Well, one way or another, he'll stay or go, and as a result, we'll survive or go down.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the next few games !
:(

Well most definitely sitting on the fence there Herr Moonay......must say I'm not looking forward to the up coming games either.

Nor me.

We'll lose Tuesday, no doubt about it. Cook hasn't won a game against a direct rival at either end of the league since he's been at the club so it's difficult to say we'll therefore beat Bolton (who will have new owners, players paid, fans on the up anyway).

I don't do many away games these days. It's hard work at my age. But i thought today was important enough for me to give it a go. And to be fair I thought we were excellent. It seems to be the usual suspects with a personal agenda doing all the slagging off. It wasn't Cook the let long distance shots in. It wasn't Cook that lost his man in the 104th minute. Any blame today is with the players for occasional lapses in concentration. Cook set his team to play to his plan and his plan worked. I've just had a quick look on the Reading forums and almost to a man they've admitted the stole it. But our walgarths whittles clatics and loudmouths think they know better after sitting on their backsides all day hundreds of miles away from the action.

TBH i dont know why it’s Morsy doing that. It should’ve been our striker sending it back with the first touch and putting out for a goal kick to them if he could. The rest of the team should’ve been set to defend. More naivety and schoolboy defending from us, we really are a joke. The top teams are ruthless and there’s none of this let’s not upset the opposition bollocks.
Byrne was soft in the first half putting a ball out when their player was play acting. Got a right rollicking off Morsy. So funny that Sam was so soft on the occasion before their late equaliser

keep for me play same team from now on and we will be reet after all the thing was keep in this division for this season and build for next

also if the sack him brigade get there way according to some we don't have a pot to piss in so what money for transfers summer wise will be wiped out in compensation then they'd have summert to moan about

UTFT

I don't do many away games these days. It's hard work at my age. But i thought today was important enough for me to give it a go. And to be fair I thought we were excellent. It seems to be the usual suspects with a personal agenda doing all the slagging off. It wasn't Cook the let long distance shots in. It wasn't Cook that lost his man in the 104th minute. Any blame today is with the players for occasional lapses in concentration. Cook set his team to play to his plan and his plan worked. I've just had a quick look on the Reading forums and almost to a man they've admitted the stole it. But our walgarths whittles clatics and loudmouths think they know better after sitting on their backsides all day hundreds of miles away from the action.
This is the post of the night

Hey ladies and gents a happy clapper has joined the party! Another of those delusional apologists who hasn't the objectivity to see what is staring them in the chops. They'll be back on when we go down blabbering on about hindsight and all that bollocks.

Hey ladies and gents a happy clapper has joined the party! Another of those delusional apologists who hasn't the objectivity to see what is staring them in the chops. They'll be back on when we go down blabbering on about hindsight and all that bollocks.
No offence taken MiW
:rolleyes:

The amount of sheep behind this fraud of a manager is terrifying. And I guarantee the majority of them don’t go to games. They shouldn’t have a right to vote or comment on anything Latics related. They don’t put any money into the club and contribute feck all bar snide comments at those who do (yes Craig I’m taking about you).

I'd argue it far riskier sticking. The form over a long period of time has been appalling, the manager doesn't know what to do and we're only heading one way. He's under that much pressure he probably doesn't know what day of the week it is. Much better to get in someone else in who hasn't that baggage, isn't under that pressure who can think clearly and logically. No brainier decision for me. I recall Birmingham changing manager a few years back at this point when they replaced zola - they were dead and buried and stayed up. For me there is no longer any doubt in my mind we're going down without change.
I think it is riskier to change. I’ve seen enough from the last three games to suggest we can turn this around. Today (to be fair to Cook) he set us up with a good starting line-up, we deserved the win and having got home and drank a nice bottle of Italian red I’ve calmed down a bit. We deserved those three points today and I saw a team desperate to win as evidenced by our players celebrations when we went 2-1 up. Even Powell was pumped up. I believe Cook can turn this around and with a bit more fortune we will do this. UTFT!

The amount of sheep behind this fraud of a manager is terrifying. And I guarantee the majority of them don’t go to games. They shouldn’t have a right to vote or comment on anything Latics related. They don’t put any money into the club and contribute feck all bar snide comments at those who do (yes Craig I’m taking about you).

"The majority"? Don't show yourself up C_Latic. How the hell can Craig get to matches, and why the hell shouldn't he have an opinion?

Only other one who's acknowledged he can't always go (work?) is Martinez. Why the hell can't he talk about his club?

You sound pathetic.

Keep for me. He's had 13 years as a manager and if you look at his record he's had 10 good ones and 2 bad ones before this under all different circumstances. Hardly makes him shite. Yes, some of his selections have been questionable but I think he's being blamed for being negative when that isn't actually always the case.

Although the Derby result and today's were less than ideal, if you take the initial reaction and emotion out of it, the performance for an hour on Tuesday and 89 minutes today suggest we are just about to turn the corner.