Sack Cook now or keep him until until the end of season

• Sack

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Keep

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Champions League
We've had the debate for months, we know the stats, we know the situation simple question do you sack Cook and try and bring in someone new or keep him until summer?

Sack for me. Our form suggests there will be only one outcome if he stays. Players are good enough, a new manager would get us over the line I believe. We certainly arent worse than Rotherham or Bolton. Get Graeme jones in - I get he's a rookie but he knows our club, been in many a relegation fight with us, knows the league and would unite the fans behind him. Reckon he'd reinvigorate Macca too. Even ask him to take it till May with a big bonus for keeping us up.

Stay for me let him ride the storm out it could just make him a dam sight better manager but would like Grahame Jones in some capacity

Sack for me, makes me guilty after considering, love Cook, think he is a great person and a proper pro and football man but, well you know the rest. If he stays then I hope there is improvements.

TBH i dont know why it’s Morsy doing that. It should’ve been our striker sending it back with the first touch and putting out for a goal kick to them if he could. The rest of the team should’ve been set to defend. More naivety and schoolboy defending from us, we really are a joke. The top teams are ruthless and there’s none of this let’s not upset the opposition bollocks.

We've done the "sack the Manager late on" thing twice before, and to no avail.

As I've said (a few times ;) ) I can't see how Cook can be blamed for this loss.

Oh ....... just seen this ......

When have we replaced late on when we had a realistic possibility of staying up? Caldwell was brought in when we were effectively down and likewise Barrow. This is a completely different scenario. We are three points clear and have - in the main - decent players who are better than those below us. Anyone half decent should make a good impact and get us over the line.

It's still a risky twist. Also, I reckon Cook is half decent........... though I concede that the next two games will be an immense test of the character of everyone involved - Manager, coaching staff and players

Keep Cook for me, robbed today and deserves to carry on

Easy answer is that I would prefer Cook to turn it round. Despite all the issues, I think he's the best we can do right now. No one decent would come in at this stage and get something from a bunch of players they've never met before who are that are low on form and confidence. He's got the character and (I still believe), the dressing room. He's always appeared to be a grafter and he'll need to do it more than ever now

For having a different opinion to yours? I personally disagree with Moonay and tbh I think the majority of the forum would on this particular issue. That doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s wrong though, and he has reasonably explained why he would choose to keep Cook. We’re all upset after today’s result but there’s just no need, man.

Cheers Will. In a verbal argument, I can handle myself quite reasonably, but ta for the support anyway.
;)

Keep him BUT his recent team selection and subs plus the lack of urgency in going for a win have not done him any favours.