Cook out or keep faith | Page 4 | Vital Football

Cook out or keep faith

Sack Cook now or keep him until until the end of season

• Sack

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Keep

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters
I don't do many away games these days. It's hard work at my age. But i thought today was important enough for me to give it a go. And to be fair I thought we were excellent. It seems to be the usual suspects with a personal agenda doing all the slagging off. It wasn't Cook the let long distance shots in. It wasn't Cook that lost his man in the 104th minute. Any blame today is with the players for occasional lapses in concentration. Cook set his team to play to his plan and his plan worked. I've just had a quick look on the Reading forums and almost to a man they've admitted the stole it. But our walgarths whittles clatics and loudmouths think they know better after sitting on their backsides all day hundreds of miles away from the action.

The manager had no problem taking the plaudits last season when he was winning, posed for photos with his manager of the month trophies, why should he not take the blame for our predicament now ?

How dare you say it's because we lost a game yesterday, we are a club with limited finances now so have to be prudent with how we maximise what we have, if you want the reasons I want cook out they are more than losing a couple of games.

His incompetent ability in the transfer market beggars belief, look at the rubbish he has signed, including loan signings, for God's sake he doesn't pick them despite signing them.
The team is riddled with schoolboy errors time and time again, what goes on in training.
Following on from that why do our players seem dead on their feet after 75 minutes or so.
Baffling selections, every week square pegs in round holes.
Our record and points tally against the teams at the bottom of the table.
The worst away record in the whole league including a record number of losses.
The longest ever losing run in our footbsll league history.
No fight in the team, we go behind we lose where is the managers motivational skills to arrest this.
Warren Joyce was in most latics fans opinion the worst manager we have had in recent history, the fact that cooks record is worse than his despite having far more resources speaks volumes.
When you find yourself, as many do at the moment, going to games just to be loyal, fearing the worst, expecting nothing and not enjoying it whatsoever, as it was was under Joyce as well, why ??
Listening to his press conferences telling us every week how good the opposition are.
Lastly any manager who signs Leon Clarke as a credible alternative to what we had deserves to be sacked, he was shocking last time he played for us and looks exactly the same now.
Those are my reasons for wanting cook sacked, he has been given more than a chance and come up wanting week in week out , why do many on here claim players are not good enough to step up a division, as was the debate and accusation when Grigg departed, yet won't entertain that theory where cook is concerned.

The time to get rid was January, since then Clark was signed and until the last 2 away games the negative away tactics continued with unsurprisingly the same awful points return.
It's self inflicted shit or bust now so hopefully the approach today (until the impact subs) will continue for every remaining game both home and away.
The every last one is a "cup final" quote will roll out shortly.
We need min 3 wins so it's by no means over. Whichever way it pans out Cook should be out of the door at the seasons end.
You say up to the last two games but let's be honest that is actually only one game against a side that were below us in the table. The game at derby we were no different, set up with no ambition, got a goal against the run of play, sat back even deeper once we scored and road out luck for much of the game, add to that Derby were equally as bad as us and their previous recent record showed that, they were low in confidence and had taken a drubbing the week before.

Stick ......only because I think it’s too late change now.....I could be wrong though .... It’s a really bad situation and the away record is beyond pitiful.
We would have won or drawn at Derby were it not for the fluke/wonder goal......sounds as though we should have won today but for some dodgy refereeing, we but can’t avoid blame for the free header from a set piece in the 97th minute.
As someone said earlier poor teams always seem to be unlucky.

TH summing up about Jones is on the mark, it seems his ‘full stretch’ is not enough to get to low long range shots.

The manager had no problem taking the plaudits last season when he was winning, posed for photos with his manager of the month trophies, why should he not take the blame for our predicament now ?

How dare you say it's because we lost a game yesterday, we are a club with limited finances now so have to be prudent with how we maximise what we have, if you want the reasons I want cook out they are more than losing a couple of games.

His incompetent ability in the transfer market beggars belief, look at the rubbish he has signed, including loan signings, for God's sake he doesn't pick them despite signing them.
The team is riddled with schoolboy errors time and time again, what goes on in training.
Following on from that why do our players seem dead on their feet after 75 minutes or so.
Baffling selections, every week square pegs in round holes.
Our record and points tally against the teams at the bottom of the table.
The worst away record in the whole league including a record number of losses.
The longest ever losing run in our footbsll league history.
No fight in the team, we go behind we lose where is the managers motivational skills to arrest this.
Warren Joyce was in most latics fans opinion the worst manager we have had in recent history, the fact that cooks record is worse than his despite having far more resources speaks volumes.
When you find yourself, as many do at the moment, going to games just to be loyal, fearing the worst, expecting nothing and not enjoying it whatsoever, as it was was under Joyce as well, why ??
Listening to his press conferences telling us every week how good the opposition are.
Lastly any manager who signs Leon Clarke as a credible alternative to what we had deserves to be sacked, he was shocking last time he played for us and looks exactly the same now.
Those are my reasons for wanting cook sacked, he has been given more than a chance and come up wanting week in week out , why do many on here claim players are not good enough to step up a division, as was the debate and accusation when Grigg departed, yet won't entertain that theory where cook is concerned.

Great summing up LMB. It's indefensible at this point.

As above his record is indefensible.

In almost 6 months we've won only 4 games of football. We haven't won away in almost 7 and have the worst away record in the league. We've gone from positive attacking football to fearful hoofball. The manager has a worse record over the same period than the much maligned Joyce. Yet some continue to defend him and believe without any rationale justification he's the right man for the job. It is quite incredible.

He’s not going, lads.

However, I do feel a defeat at home to Bolton if we fail to win at B’burn could potentially leave Cook in some bother. I’m seeing the Uwe comparisons already.

He’s not going, lads.

However, I do feel a defeat at home to Bolton if we fail to win at B’burn could potentially leave Cook in some bother. I’m seeing the Uwe comparisons already.

Be too late by then. His position is already untenable. Form suggests this only ends one way if he stays. To allow that to happen is gross mismanagement. Royles should be taking action today, not waiting another week until we fail beat another relegation rival. They may not like doing it, but it's their job, so they should get on with it. I sincerely hope this delay is because they are sourcing a replacement first. If they don't act and we go down they would need removing from their positions as well.

I know it's a results business but I was more annoyed with Cooks tactics and influence at the Reading home game when we shared the points than yesterday.

Yes I recall how everyone around me was mystified by OUR goalkeeper taking an age over his dead ball kicks in the last 10 minutes, hanging on for grim death at Home for a point against one of the bottom teams.....shameful.

I'd give him til the Bolton game, if we lose it will get toxic and he has to go. We will have 2 weeks to get a new manager in and regroup.

If we pull off a miracle and get 4 or even 6 points against Blackburn and Bolton (can't believe I'm calling that a 'miracle') then let him ride it out until summer and then get rid. Its horrible to sack a manager after keeping us up but I've seen nothing in the past 5 months to show he can progress us to mid table next season without James and Powell.

Last month I was more optimistic for this season than the next. Now, after the Rotherham, Ipswich and Reading games, Im starting to feel we are more likely to go down between us, Millwall, Reading and Rotherham. We are spineless and have no fight.

I'd give him til the Bolton game, if we lose it will get toxic and he has to go. We will have 2 weeks to get a new manager in and regroup.

If we pull off a miracle and get 4 or even 6 points against Blackburn and Bolton (can't believe I'm calling that a 'miracle') then let him ride it out until summer and then get rid. Its horrible to sack a manager after keeping us up but I've seen nothing in the past 5 months to show he can progress us to mid table next season without James and Powell.

Last month I was more optimistic for this season than the next. Now, after the Rotherham, Ipswich and Reading games, Im starting to feel we are more likely to go down between us, Millwall, Reading and Rotherham. We are spineless and have no fight.
Think the spineless comment is a bit harsh to be honest

I think club needs 2 consider it carefully and make the best decision 4 our survival prospects in short term. If only due 2 timing I'd say if we don't improve and win one of next 2 then we must change. Hopefully not come 2 that. But he couldn't complain if he did get sacked. Thin ice!

52.9% v 47.1% now, almost the same as the EU referendum.
So on that basis, accept the figures and stop moaning, lets just get on with it!
Or does that not suit ?

Because a poll taken by 34 people on a small message boad is comparable to a national referendum voted on by over 30 million people...
You are hardly going to get that many on here though are you, and only about 40 people ever post on here anyway so its a fair % of the equivalent population.
Its a % of those who voted that counts, as we keep being reminded of.
If you say it doesn't count as its only 34 people then whats the point in putting it up in the first place as there were never going to be many more participating.

Quelle surprise, the happy clappers are happy retaining such a manager with a worst record than Joyce over a comparable period. Who'd have thunk it.

In simplistic terms I think you can effectively categorise people into two groups. Those who see opportunity, strive for better and are unwilling to accept underperformance. Then those who don't like change and are willingly to accept anything that comes their way no matter how bad.