Cook out or keep faith | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cook out or keep faith

Sack Cook now or keep him until until the end of season

• Sack

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Keep

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters
The time to get rid was January, since then Clark was signed and until the last 2 away games the negative away tactics continued with unsurprisingly the same awful points return.
It's self inflicted shit or bust now so hopefully the approach today (until the impact subs) will continue for every remaining game both home and away.
The every last one is a "cup final" quote will roll out shortly.
We need min 3 wins so it's by no means over. Whichever way it pans out Cook should be out of the door at the seasons end.

I think it is riskier to change. I’ve seen enough from the last three games to suggest we can turn this around. Today (to be fair to Cook) he set us up with a good starting line-up, we deserved the win and having got home and drank a nice bottle of Italian red I’ve calmed down a bit. We deserved those three points today and I saw a team desperate to win as evidenced by our players celebrations when we went 2-1 up. Even Powell was pumped up. I believe Cook can turn this around and with a bit more fortune we will do this. UTFT!

I don't argue we didnt deserve to win. I agreed with the team and for a change it produced a reasonable display I'm told. The issue is the managers decisions during the game what cost us. Again.

I don't do many away games these days. It's hard work at my age. But i thought today was important enough for me to give it a go. And to be fair I thought we were excellent. It seems to be the usual suspects with a personal agenda doing all the slagging off. It wasn't Cook the let long distance shots in. It wasn't Cook that lost his man in the 104th minute. Any blame today is with the players for occasional lapses in concentration. Cook set his team to play to his plan and his plan worked. I've just had a quick look on the Reading forums and almost to a man they've admitted the stole it. But our walgarths whittles clatics and loudmouths think they know better after sitting on their backsides all day hundreds of miles away from the action.
Spot on there Chet,those keyboard warriors think they know more than those that actually go!!

Spot on there Chet,those keyboard warriors think they know more than those that actually go!!

Get a grip. We all go, we all have eyes, we can all see what is happening. Sadly yourself and these other apologists can't or won't accept what is going on and like I said will be wittering on about hindsight and other bollocks when we go down.

Get a grip. We all go, we all have eyes, we can all see what is happening. Sadly yourself and these other apologists can't or won't accept what is going on and like I said will be wittering on about hindsight and other bollocks when we go down.
Apologists?Apologists for what,having an opinion that differs from yours needs no apology

My summary
We’ve got a lot of quality but aren’t clinical at all and probably miss more chances than anyone else in the league.
We’ve got a couple a wide players with pace and trickery but if just one of them isn’t on the pitch we’re shite. We’ve got another wide player who rarely plays and nobody knows why.
We’ve got arguably the most talented player in the league but he’s often injured or it appears he can’t be arsed most of the time and he goes down injured even if he’s ok.
We’ve got no decent strikers. 1 is on loan and clearly doesn’t want to be here. We sold our best striker to a team in the league below.
We’ve got 2 decent central midfielders who can both shoot from outside the box and make things happen but they’re played too deep. My biggest frustration as I rate them both.
We’ve got a goalkeeper who can command the box and is a great leader but can’t save a shot from outside the box. We’ve got the complete opposite who can save shots from anywhere but is lost when it comes to talking and dealing with crosses. Please can we morph them into 1 person?
We’ve got the best player in the league who could play anywhere on the pitch. He must think who are these fucking idiots I’m playing with?
We’ve also got a lad who was signed because he’s a freebie and he gets played wherever he’s needed even though he’s clearly not good enough. Not his fault, he’s just not up to it.
Apart from all that we’re ok. Up the Tics.

The amount of sheep behind this fraud of a manager is terrifying. And I guarantee the majority of them don’t go to games. They shouldn’t have a right to vote or comment on anything Latics related. They don’t put any money into the club and contribute feck all bar snide comments at those who do (yes Craig I’m taking about you).
I certainly don't go to some of the games that you seem to have witnessed

My summary
We’ve got a lot of quality but aren’t clinical at all and probably miss more chances than anyone else in the league.
We’ve got a couple a wide players with pace and trickery but if just one of them isn’t on the pitch we’re shite. We’ve got another wide player who rarely plays and nobody knows why.
We’ve got arguably the most talented player in the league but he’s often injured or it appears he can’t be arsed most of the time and he goes down injured even if he’s ok.
We’ve got no decent strikers. 1 is on loan and clearly doesn’t want to be here. We sold our best striker to a team in the league below.
We’ve got 2 decent central midfielders who can both shoot from outside the box and make things happen but they’re played too deep. My biggest frustration as I rate them both.
We’ve got a goalkeeper who can command the box and is a great leader but can’t save a shot from outside the box. We’ve got the complete opposite who can save shots from anywhere but is lost when it comes to talking and dealing with crosses. Please can we morph them into 1 person?
We’ve got the best player in the league who could play anywhere on the pitch. He must think who are these fucking idiots I’m playing with?
We’ve also got a lad who was signed because he’s a freebie and he gets played wherever he’s needed even though he’s clearly not good enough. Not his fault, he’s just not up to it.
Apart from all that we’re ok. Up the Tics.

Great summation.

23 votes so far Sack him is winning by just 1 vote so it's not a sweeping concensus. Obviously it's a very small sample size and no way if telling if it's reflective of the wider fan base but still interesting to get an idea of the overall mood.

It's still a risky twist. Also, I reckon Cook is half decent........... though I concede that the next two games will be an immense test of the character of everyone involved - Manager, coaching staff and players

Where the last 28 games or so that he won 4 of not an immense test though?

23 votes so far Sack him is winning by just 1 vote so it's not a sweeping concensus. Obviously it's a very small sample size and no way if telling if it's reflective of the wider fan base but still interesting to get an idea of the overall mood........

Just like Brexit then, eh?
;)

Where the last 28 games or so that he won 4 of not an immense test though?
Of course ........ but these are more so.

I'd go with keep, hope to stay up and let go in the summer, when IEC are supposed to be providing some funds. Deserves the chance to try to save us, and to be honest the disruption caused by sacking him and getting a replacement would be just as likely to see us relegated....