Conte is staying.... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Conte is staying....

Agreed but a sprinkling of experienced players who’ve being there and done it won’t hurt either.
Agree. Instead of having Dier pretending to be a leader, I'd rather him learn from the men who've done it. I can see the new boys (Kulu, Bent and Romero) benefiting from such additions too..... feel more at home.

Agreed but a sprinkling of experienced players who’ve being there and done it won’t hurt either.

Yeah, it's the choices that make all of the difference. Some spend too much time on the treatment table. Others just can't physically cope with the Premiership.

Eriksen seems a good fit as he knows the club. I just couldn't be sure that his relationship with Conte can be assumed. Conte didn't buy him at Inter and left him on the bench a heck of a lot of the time.

De Vrij has struggled this season. I can't be sure that Inter don't want to cash in on him at our expense based on his relationship with Conte. It was really painful watching Toby in his last couple of seasons. We would have been better off playing Sanchez every week.

Perisic is another interesting choice. He is 33 and never played in the Prem (unlike Di Maria). Good player though.

As for Bale, I'm just not certain. Way too many injuries.

I'm sure there is an experienced head out there. Liverpool bought Thiago at 29. He is only 31 now and in great shape. That's the kind of winning player we need to be looking for, not veterans who are past their sell by date.

Dier is not pretending. Kane is, Son is, Davies is.....but Eric definitely isn't. Hugo is the leader.
Dier and Davies have been the mainstay at the back for almost a decade, neither having experienced a trophy lift and both susceptible but steady eddies. We just got used to it until Romero turned up, similarly our acceptance of Moura until the arrival of Kulu.

I can't wait for the additions this summer to show our stale players what 'To Dare is to Do' stands for, if the last three recruits are anything to go by.

Oh, hope for a newbie to ignite the fire under Kane and not just a new contract.

Dier is not pretending. Kane is, Son is, Davies is.....but Eric definitely isn't. Hugo is the leader.
...and as for a leader. Sorry, we've not had one for yonks!. Dier's certainly one for pointing fingers, directing passses....mostly backwards!

Yeah, it's the choices that make all of the difference. Some spend too much time on the treatment table. Others just can't physically cope with the Premiership.

Eriksen seems a good fit as he knows the club. I just couldn't be sure that his relationship with Conte can be assumed. Conte didn't buy him at Inter and left him on the bench a heck of a lot of the time.

De Vrij has struggled this season. I can't be sure that Inter don't want to cash in on him at our expense based on his relationship with Conte. It was really painful watching Toby in his last couple of seasons. We would have been better off playing Sanchez every week.

Perisic is another interesting choice. He is 33 and never played in the Prem (unlike Di Maria). Good player though.

As for Bale, I'm just not certain. Way too many injuries.

I'm sure there is an experienced head out there. Liverpool bought Thiago at 29. He is only 31 now and in great shape. That's the kind of winning player we need to be looking for, not veterans who are past their sell by date.

In Conte we must trust

For me, that was simply theatrics from Conte, he's played Levy and the media like a fiddle. I really like this guy, IMO we are about to hit the jackpot.
I wonder what the odds are on us winning the league, when he took Chelski over they had finished 10th in the league. He comes in wins the league with record points, just maybe he can do it again.

Personally, think too much being made of this 'meet' in Italy.

Aren't Conte and Pat's family still in their homeland?.

I am freakin stressed out with the end of season and had to take a fortnight's break!!!.

Besides I'd expect Conte to discuss his future with his family and why not have a sit down chat over a siesta with Pat on finer details. Not bothered when and where they finalised things.....but remember, nothing formally announced.......unless I missed it during my de-stress break!

Just curious. Paratici and Conte see each other most days so why wait to meet in Italy to discuss his contract ?

Because it was and is utter bollocks, they had to say Italy as Conte went home for two weeks, perhaps even longer, I was told 4 weeks ago from someone who should be in a position to know that a deal was agreed, but has yet to be signed. No one is rushing.

Dier and Davies have been the mainstay at the back for almost a decade, neither having experienced a trophy lift and both susceptible but steady eddies. We just got used to it until Romero turned up, similarly our acceptance of Moura until the arrival of Kulu.

I can't wait for the additions this summer to show our stale players what 'To Dare is to Do' stands for, if the last three recruits are anything to go by.

Oh, hope for a newbie to ignite the fire under Kane and not just a new contract.

Love your thought process with Kane. He really needs to have that pedestal removed. We all put him on it, and encouraged that complacency we now see from him. Now it is time to make him earn the right to be back on it for club and country. A new kid on the block at both club and country level would be good for Harry. Perhaps it will extract the humility that is missing and get him to knuckle down again.

As for Dier and Davies, it's not a decade but I do agree that neither has experienced a trophy. Neither has Kane, but I notice you don't mention him in that context. Dier or Davies didn't turn up for a Euro's final, wearing the captain's armband and didn't cross the white line with a filthy attitude. That is because they haven't got that in their DNA, despite neither being as talented as Harry.

I'll leave it there.