Conte is staying.... | Vital Football

Conte is staying....

Spursex

Alert Team
read more here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/05/27/antonio-conte-stay-tottenham/

Exclusive: Antonio Conte to stay at Tottenham

Conte held talks with Spurs' managing director Fabio Paratici in Turin on Friday

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent 27 May 2022 • 4:23pm

Antonio Conte has given Tottenham Hotspur and chairman Daniel Levy a huge boost by deciding to stay on as the club’s head coach.

Conte held talks with Tottenham’s managing director of football, Fabio Paratici, in Turin on Friday and is understood to now be preparing himself to remain in charge for next season.

The news will end speculation over the future of Conte, who spent four days deliberating over whether or not to stay at Spurs after leading the club back into the Champions League with last Sunday’s victory over Norwich City.

It will also be welcomed by the Tottenham dressing-room, including Harry Kane who is thought to be open to the idea of holding discussions over a new contract with Conte in charge of the team.

Paratici has promised Conte that Spurs will try to make at least six new signings this summer, with the majority of the £150 million invested into the club this week likely to go to the Italian.
Conte still believes there is a big job to do at Tottenham to make sure the club can compete in the Premier League and Champions League, having secured what had seemed like an unlikely fourth-place finish and qualification.

Conte's decsion to stay could prompt Harry Kane to consider signing a new contract to extend his stay at Tottenham beyond 2024

But Tottenham have demonstrated enough ambition to convince Conte that it is worth him staying to embark on what will be his first full season at the club.

As long as Spurs and Paratici are as good as their word, then Conte will now spend the summer trying to build a squad that he believes will be able to cope with the dual demands of the Premier League and Champions League.

Tottenham are already on the verge of signing Fraser Forster as the club’s new back-goalkeeper and Paratici has told Conte the club will target two new wing-backs, a centre-back, a midfielder and a forward who can also operate from wide areas.

Two of Conte’s top targets are Ivan Perisic and Alessandro Bastoni, who both spent last season at the 52-year-old’s previous club, Internazionale. Perisic is a free agent and could operate as a right wing-back under Conte, while central defender Bastoni would cost in the region of £50m.
Eintracht Frankfurt left wing-back Filip Kostic is understood to be on Tottenham’s radar, along with Manchester City forward Gabriel Jesus, who is considering his future with the Premier League champions. Arsenal have already registered an interest in Jesus, but qualification for the Champions League could give Spurs the edge.

Christian Eriksen is currently considering whether or not to remain at Brentford next season or consider other options, one of which is thought to be a potential return to Tottenham.
Conte signed a 1½-year contract, which includes an option to extend it by a further 12 months, when he succeeded Nuno Espirito Santo last November. The former Chelsea coach has done an incredible job since returning to the Premier League.

Kane is one of a number of Spurs players who have lavished praise on Conte and with two years remaining on the England captain’s contract, the club are likely to attempt to open negotiations this summer over a new deal.

Funny how this paragraph was inserted:

As long as Spurs and Paratici are as good as their word, then Conte will now spend the summer trying to build a squad that he believes will be able to cope with the dual demands of the Premier League and Champions League.

Now we can watch Paraticci do his stuff.

From the moment I knew we were tracking Bastoni, I wanted him, I think he could help tansform us defensively. I hope Paraticci can work his magic - it's going to be a tough nut to crack.

Bastoni is the statement signing, just like Martinez would be if we went in for him.

I always wonder what the Conte-Eriksen relationship is really like though.

What I now need to hear is Conte saying that it is a privilege to work for our club and it is absolutely where he wants to be. There has to be a balance versus just this one way BS we get fed from the media.

Bastoni is the statement signing, just like Martinez would be if we went in for him.

What I now need to hear is Conte saying that it is a privilege to work for our club and it is absolutely where he wants to be. There has to be a balance versus just this one way BS we get fed from the media.

He's at the top of his profession, he knows that as much as he's worshipped, he'll almost certainlt end up being sacked or walking away...so if he did as you ask, I wouldn't believe him anyway!

Agree entirely with this. There's no doubt he's done a great job, and it has looked increasingly likely for a while that qualification for the CL would suffice to keep him on board for next season at least. It would be good however to see him show some enthusiasm about the Club, we've yet to see any.

Conte has a remit and has openly said this is a challenge he has never taken on before.

This is a man looking to become the most well rounded winning manager in football. His mission is to have his name associated with success no matter the situation.

He's braver than Pep and Mourinho. Mourinho ran away from the challenge and Pep would never take it on.

I hope it all comes together because the result will be terrific for both Conte and, more importantly, for us, the club will learn how to win.

We are on the way.

I know people are skeptical about Conte, but at some point he may just want to stay in one place longer than a year.
I can't imagine there are too many places where he'll earn what we are paying him.

I know people are skeptical about Conte, but at some point he may just want to stay in one place longer than a year.
I can't imagine there are too many places where he'll earn what we are paying him.

Well if he starts signing 33 year olds and putting them on 2 year contracts with high salaries then he better stick around.

We currently only have two players over 30, Modders is still doing the business. I'm happy enough with giving him a two year contract, by all accounts he had a very Good season. Conte probably sees him as a WB.

If he is getting paid what he wants and is backed in the transfer market, why not?

We have seen with Klopp and Pep we need our manager here long term.

Getting Harry Redknapp vibes there Mutters?🤣

lol - Stockpile Harry still haunts me. It took us years to recover from that idiot's transfer shenanigans. Starting every summer with 35 players and not being able to sign anyone until deadline day. Loaning out over 25's because we couldn't sell them and then blaming his chairman that we didn't sign anyone decent.

It took a special kind of wide boy to pull that one off.

We've just watched Conte take youngsters like Romero, Kulu, Sess and Skipp. He should back himself with more U25's in my opinion.

lol - Stockpile Harry still haunts me. It took us years to recover from that idiot's transfer shenanigans. Starting every summer with 35 players and not being able to sign anyone until deadline day. Loaning out over 25's because we couldn't sell them and then blaming his chairman that we didn't sign anyone decent.

It took a special kind of wide boy to pull that one off.

We've just watched Conte take youngsters like Romero, Kulu, Sess and Skipp. He should back himself with more U25's in my opinion.

Agreed but a sprinkling of experienced players who’ve being there and done it won’t hurt either.

Greg Jenner, public historian and host of BBC's You're Dead To Me
What a weird season.
Fourth is where Spurs are supposed to be, but this feels miraculous. Antonio Conte has heroically salvaged our reputation and undone huge damage, even if we benefited from Arsenal and Manchester United hilariously imploding. But still…
A year ago, Spurs were in crisis. Nuno Espirito Santo was our seventh choice, after weeks of embarrassing rejections. Oh, and club talisman Harry Kane was trying to escape out of the bathroom window.
Broken after only four months, Nuno’s firing left Conte with a difficult rescue operation. However, a humiliating European exit afforded Conte time to teach his tactics and his January signings revolutionised us - Dejan Kulusevski is fantastically creative, while Rodrigo Bentancur brings composure.
Of course, it helps that Cristian Romero is a man-hunting, ball-playing monster. And then you have Kane and Son Heung-min, with their record-breaking telepathy. Kane’s vision and technique is astonishing, and Son is a ruthless assassin with jet-heeled boots.
Shout-outs, as well, to the much-improved stalwarts. Hugo Lloris is back on form, Ben Davies has been great as a roaming left centre-back and Eric Dier is a rock. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg's fitness made him Mr Reliable, plus I loved Oliver Skipp’s pre-injury energy and Ryan Sessegnon’s late surge. Doherty was a laughing-stock until suddenly he was crucial, and Emerson Royal? Well, he isn’t a wing-back, but he’s trying!
Yes, defeats by Burnley, Wolves, Southampton, Brighton, and Middlesbrough tainted the thrill, but Spurs alone bested Manchester City and thwarted Liverpool. We’re back in the Champions League, Kane is hopefully staying, and – if Levy gets his credit card out – next season could be very exciting indeed. COYS!