Conte is staying.... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Conte is staying....

Just one final point regarding Kane, does anyone think mental fatigue may also be playing a part?

What you see is a guy that has a wife and 3 beautiful kids. The youngest is only one. Whilst he has the money and probably the nanny and family to assist his wife, he is still being the family man on top of his career. That hopefully grounds him in his private life.

In his public life, I think Harry feels mental pressure as he knows deep down he is not intelligent, charismatic and definitely not a natural leader. Ironically, they are the things he is trying to be as England captain. Just like the Jimmy Fallon interview proved again this last week, Harry is as dull as ditchwater. My guess is he puts pressure on himself to try and be a "character", even though it doesn't come naturally.

Finally, it probably has been mentally exhausting for Harry on the pitch. He probably found himself in a dichotomy. He had angst towards Levy and the board but probably wanted to play for the loyal fans and his team mates. That is actually where he let himself down with his on pitch effort levels. The brother Charlie nonsense, the shape he turned up in after giving himself an extended summer etc added mental pressure. He also knows that he didn't turn up to the Euro's in the right shape or with the right attitude.

Rory McIlroy has had tough times. What does he do? He just goes back to being a rookie kid in his head and "hits it, finds it". That is his thought process to ground and relax himself. I hope Harry finds his own formula to cross the white line, give his all and enjoys his chosen profession.

Definitely at the start of last season.

He he didn't get his move and lost the final at the Euros. That would take it out of anyone.

I guess it is always harder mentally when you know you could have done things differently. After his displays, I doubt he'll every be watching the Euro's on repeat !!!

The actual ankle injuries or the lack of confidence issues that go with them?

I've had those ligament issues in my ankles. The swelling, the weakness and the amount of time it takes time to strengthen and get confidence back. I wore a strap on my right ankle for a long time to help through games. I can understand the not wanting to crash into tackles. I don't recall a problem covering the miles though. In fact, I probably did more running on treadmills and roads after I packed up playing football.

It would be interesting to know what exactly is going on with Kane's ankles.

Took me 2 years to get over Anterior Talofibular tear. I definitely did some Cuboid bone damage as well.

But I didn't have time off work, real rehab. So probably could have taken a year off that in his shoes.

Took me 2 years to get over Anterior Talofibular tear. I definitely did some Cuboid bone damage as well.

But I didn't have time off work, real rehab. So probably could have taken a year off that in his shoes.

Yeah, it all depends on what particular injury you get. My right ankle still hyper-extends once in a while and then clicks.

I'm sure someone said that Harry had been to Harley Street and there was absolutely no risk of failing the medical for his big transfer to City. That's the confusing part for me as he hasn't had an injury this season.

I take your points, not sure I would go as far as saying he sulked.
As I have said before, happy players play better than unhappy players. I ask myself if it's unreasonable to expect that this saga wasn't going to affect him, IMO his reaction could have been predicted.
He also missed a good bit of preseason if my memory serves me right, that certainly couldn't have helped.
I certainly have not read or seen any reports that he was poison around the club, if anyone close to the club can substantiate that accusation I would certainly appreciate it. That kind of information would certainly influence my view.

Top, no worries...just my blunt opinions. Honestly our club thrives when he plays well. If he hammers down from the get go...and we bring in a few great signings...we could be on to something under Conte!!!

There is no doubt in my mind that he has been overplayed, players these days very rarely get sufficient rest to enable them to maintain peak Form.
I maintain that is the main reason Citeh and pool have dominate the league, they have large enough squad to keep their players fresh.
Look at how we improved when we had no European football, this summer for the First time we are in a position to create a squad good enough to rotate but still maintain a level of performance.

This is one area I have commented on a lot this season and some of last....WHY is he playing full 90 min...like every game. He was never rotated. This always confused me.