Congrats To Will Exam day | Page 2 | Vital Football

Congrats To Will Exam day

Good luck Will if you decide on uni, I'm currently going into my final year there aiming for a first, and I know I sounds cliche but A levels were more difficult than uni! Hope you get into the uni you want, or a year to relax, whatever you are gonna do. Congrats pal.

Good luck Will if you decide on uni, I'm currently going into my final year there aiming for a first, and I know I sounds cliche but A levels were more difficult than uni! Hope you get into the uni you want, or a year to relax, whatever you are gonna do. Congrats pal.

Thank you Franco, yeah I think I’ll be starting uni in late September. Initially had Lancaster as my first choice but changed my mind so decided to adjust and apply to Sheffield yesterday and luckily they accepted me! Was a bit hectic yesterday but relaxing now.

Best of luck at university, and I hope you get the first you’re aiming for! What are you studying for, if you don’t mind me asking?

It is Moonay, he likes to attract all the attention, this seems to be gaining some for someone else :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you Franco, yeah I think I’ll be starting uni in late September. Initially had Lancaster as my first choice but changed my mind so decided to adjust and apply to Sheffield yesterday and luckily they accepted me! Was a bit hectic yesterday but relaxing now.

Best of luck at university, and I hope you get the first you’re aiming for! What are you studying for, if you don’t mind me asking?

It does depend where your home is and ease of travelling to your chosen uni.
Do I recall you living in Yorkshire. If so Lancaster is not that easy a journey on the trains; and it is not really in Lancaster (as you know).
Also if at Lancaster, you end up living in Morecambe.
So Sheffield as a red brick, city centre uni is a good choice for living close to the uni and the library for all your studies. As I recall the Law students spent an inordinate amount of time with their noses stuck into legal documents. This was in the days before the interweb had been thought of, though (if you disregard arpanet).

It does depend where your home is and ease of travelling to your chosen uni.
Do I recall you living in Yorkshire. If so Lancaster is not that easy a journey on the trains; and it is not really in Lancaster (as you know).
Also if at Lancaster, you end up living in Morecambe.
So Sheffield as a red brick, city centre uni is a good choice for living close to the uni and the library for all your studies. As I recall the Law students spent an inordinate amount of time with their noses stuck into legal documents. This was in the days before the interweb had been thought of, though (if you disregard arpanet).

Yeah thanks Daleks; I've lived in Sheffield since the age of 1, in an area about 10 mins away from the uni by car (also just 10 minutes to Bramall Lane and 15-20 to Hillsbrough which is convenient when Latics play here!). I've chosen Sheffield mainly because I liked it when we went there, the facilities seemed nice and the professors were all friendly, and I think the uni has quite a good reputation for Law. I really liked Lancaster as well, but I think Sheffield will be right for me. Yeah I'll have to get used to a lot of reading with Law but I don't really mind that so much; I think most unis have a thing where you can access the books electronically on a kindle/iPad/laptop nowadays but to be honest I'm quite old school in that I prefer to actually read a book rather than reading from a screen, so I'll probably use the library quite a lot as well :)

I'd have had more respect for you Will if you had at least a part time job to pay you're way, my kids did it without being prompted.

Wait until you're out in the real world lad, big shock coming your way, start contributing, that is the best advice you'll get on here.

Yeah thanks Daleks; I've lived in Sheffield since the age of 1, in an area about 10 mins away from the uni by car (also just 10 minutes to Bramall Lane and 15-20 to Hillsbrough which is convenient when Latics play here!). I've chosen Sheffield mainly because I liked it when we went there, the facilities seemed nice and the professors were all friendly, and I think the uni has quite a good reputation for Law. I really liked Lancaster as well, but I think Sheffield will be right for me. Yeah I'll have to get used to a lot of reading with Law but I don't really mind that so much; I think most unis have a thing where you can access the books electronically on a kindle/iPad/laptop nowadays but to be honest I'm quite old school in that I prefer to actually read a book rather than reading from a screen, so I'll probably use the library quite a lot as well :)

You have to live away from home at uni, to experience the life, though.

I'd have had more respect for you Will if you had at least a part time job to pay you're way, my kids did it without being prompted.

Wait until you're out in the real world lad, big shock coming your way, start contributing, that is the best advice you'll get on here.

Parenthood, the only job for life left in this country.

My parents and I had a sensible discussion, in which we mutually agreed that I wouldn’t look for a summer job this time around, but I will start contributing once I’ve settled in at uni. I’m very grateful to them for how understanding they've been.

Perhaps it will all be a bit of a shock, but then I think it is for everyone and we’re all in the same boat; I guess we all just have to adapt and improvise, learn as we go along so to speak, and just do the best we can. It’s a daunting and uncertain time; but also an exciting one. I hope to make the most of it :)

Last edited:
Next hurdle to overcome ( pun intended) is getting your leg over Will. Maybe you have already sampled this fruit but if not living at home can severely restrict this activity. Can you imagine the scene as you're whispering sweet nothings and working up a sweat when your mam shouts down " Will, is that you ? What you doing down there ? ".

You need your own space pal if progress is to be made in this area.

Will, Hindley is correct and take my advice too pal and move into student digs. They’ll be amongst the best years of your life, getting pissed most nights with your mates, messing about, no responsibilities, steady stream of the fairer sex in and out of the gaff. You won’t get those years back and you’ll regret it if you don’t. Uni is for enjoying yourself, the learning is secondary.

Telling him to leave home, get laid and pissed every night, learning is secondary etc is sensible is it?
Anyroad keep your beak out, nowt to do with you what i post!
It's an open forum so it is everything to do with him answering the continued rubbish you post, you really are a jealous nasty piece of work and this thread shows it.