Congrats To Will Exam day | Page 4 | Vital Football

Congrats To Will Exam day

Someone once said if you have nothing usefull to add, then that is exactly what you should add.

Your contributions Norman go to prove this point. All you are proving is what a dickhead you are.

Right bro, now you've got that off your chest any chance of a comment on todays game?

Cheers mate and all the best to you as well, I study computer science, ideally want to be a web developer after, decent money, weekends off for the Saturday season ticket. Fun aswell, difficult mind you but when the subject and all the modules are the same you will find it much easier for your brain to be in the same mindset.

That’s a very nice and useful degree to choose mate, especially nowadays. Tough as well though like you say; one of my friends did an A Level in Computer Science and found it so difficult that he dropped it after a few weeks! There are lots of jobs available in that field so your prospects look really good. More importantly, it sounds like you genuinely enjoy what you’re studying, and that’s the main thing, I guess. Best of luck, and let me know if you get that 1st! ?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I’m not trying to milk anything, I’m just responding to comments and advice which people have been kind and thoughtful enough to leave for me. I’ve just left a comment in the Leeds match thread.

Will in life you will come up more and more with complete idiots and shed heads like Norman hopefully all will not be as totally obnoxious as he is.
I would delete him its obvious he is so envious of a fine young man

Congratulations Will, if you wanted work in Sheffield there’s a Facebook group called ‘Sheffield bartending community’. They post bar jobs etc. So you could get a part time job whilst studying if you so desired.

I hope you enjoy Sheffield uni, I know I do! It’s great winning Varsity every year as well.
I would recommend halls as well definitely, some great nights spent in a little room on West Street with my best mates! Can’t beat it!

Congratulations Will, if you wanted work in Sheffield there’s a Facebook group called ‘Sheffield bartending community’. They post bar jobs etc. So you could get a part time job whilst studying if you so desired.

I hope you enjoy Sheffield uni, I know I do! It’s great winning Varsity every year as well.
I would recommend halls as well definitely, some great nights spent in a little room on West Street with my best mates! Can’t beat it!
I lived in Sheffield for 9 years, working at the uni as a lecturer. It’s a fantastic city and university and hope you have a really good experience.

Like others, I do suggest you give serious thought to moving into halls for freshers, the friends I made on those first days are still best friends 13 years later. I met my wife in halls as she was in the nextdoor block. Not saying it’s not possible to be a local at uni and have a really good experience, but do think about it and weigh it up with your personal situation.

Someone once said if you have nothing usefull to add, then that is exactly what you should add.

Your contributions Norman go to prove this point. All you are proving is what a dickhead you are.

"Dickhead", do you really think he is so intelligent ?

Thanks a lot, Richy. I will definitely look into that group! Also, thank you again for your comments a couple of nights ago. You were so very kind.

I lived in Sheffield for 9 years, working at the uni as a lecturer. It’s a fantastic city and university and hope you have a really good experience.

Like others, I do suggest you give serious thought to moving into halls for freshers, the friends I made on those first days are still best friends 13 years later. I met my wife in halls as she was in the nextdoor block. Not saying it’s not possible to be a local at uni and have a really good experience, but do think about it and weigh it up with your personal situation.

Thanks a lot for the advice, Pubey. I'm from Sheffield and absolutely love it; I pretty much know the city inside out now after being brought up here and the people are generally so friendly and down to earth. I actually went to school really close to the uni, in Broomhill; we had our 'Prize Givings' in the Octagon Centre! Like you say, it's a fantastic city. I'll definitely consider living in halls; I imagine once I get there and settle in this'll probably be what I end up doing :)

Last edited:
Really, at which uni are you Vice-Chancellor?
Sorry Dalek but my daughter just completed a degree studying children and families and worked full time whilst doing the first year, was pregnant the second year and continued her studies and still worked and had the new born at the begining of the third year.
She is now on a second degree doing nursing and can still work 30 plus hours a week on top of the studying and being a mum.
I'm definitely not a vice chancellor Dalek Mon nor an extra for Dr Who.

Thanks a lot for the advice, Pubey. I'm from Sheffield and absolutely love it; I pretty much know the city inside out now after being brought up here and the people are generally so friendly. I actually went to school really close to the uni, in Broomhill; we had our 'Prize Givings' in the Octagon Centre! Like you say, it's a fantastic city. I'll definitely consider living in halls; I imagine once I get there and settle in this'll probably be what I end up doing :)
The benefit of moving in right at the start though is that everyone else is in the same situation - they’re all new and looking to make friends. Even if going out on the lash isn’t your thing, you’ll want to know people to go to your induction sessions and first lectures with, and because you’re living with a lot of people I’m sure you’ll find some with common interests.

Is there a particular reason you don’t want to move into halls at the start?

The benefit of moving in right at the start though is that everyone else is in the same situation - they’re all new and looking to make friends. Even if going out on the lash isn’t your thing, you’ll want to know people to go to your induction sessions and first lectures with, and because you’re living with a lot of people I’m sure you’ll find some with common interests.

Is there a particular reason you don’t want to move into halls at the start?

Exactly this Will. The prospect of moving out maybe daunting, however you’ll find it will be a fantastic decision as it will be life changing. Sheffield is a great student city and you’ll have immense fun. Your days at uni will be amongst the best of your life, embrace it fully, move into digs immediately with everyone else, you’ll make some friends for life from the off and most of all enjoy it.

Thanks a lot for the advice, Pubey. I'm from Sheffield and absolutely love it; I pretty much know the city inside out now after being brought up here and the people are generally so friendly. I actually went to school really close to the uni, in Broomhill; we had our 'Prize Givings' in the Octagon Centre! Like you say, it's a fantastic city. I'll definitely consider living in halls; I imagine once I get there and settle in this'll probably be what I end up doing :)

Will, it is the friends that you make in those first weeks that are important, potentially.