City Ground | Page 3 | Vital Football

City Ground

Not sure that anyone can be doing in Feb apart from ordering material. It will,
take 6 weeks to knock down present structures and put in footings. Having said that I agree timetable is very tight. Perhaps we will loan a builder from Greece.

Not sure that anyone can be doing in Feb apart from ordering material. It will,
take 6 weeks to knock down present structures and put in footings. Having said that I agree timetable is very tight. Perhaps we will loan a builder from Greece.
What "footings" had you got in mind exactly? How many stadiums have you built? Obviously you have experience of these things for you to quote specific time scales? There are some jokers on here.

Who is bull shitting? You have asked for information, which is in the public domain. No has said anything that is bull shit.

So what exactly can you not stand that has been posted?

At the current rate of progress I would say that it is highly unlikely.

I think its tight too. Planning determination period will be 12 weeks on a large scheme like this, not 8. It will go to the planning commitee so may be longer. There's lots of detail design to be done by all the consultants following planning but this can continue even after the works are started so might not be an issue.

Savills are planning consultants so they must be handling the planning application. The application thats currently in is an offical query as to whether an environtal impact assessment will be required when the full application is submitted. Its all part of the necessary planning process.

Benoys are the architects, looks like Gleeds are the project managers. The contractor may be on board already, ie no tendering, just pricing. On large projects like this, its helpful to have the contractor on board as early as possible as he brings expertise and becomes a fully fledged member of the design team.

It will be steel framed but there will be footing, drainage and other utilities. I am not an expert and never claimed t be. Perhaps I should have put a question mark in. Apologies in it was a clarification all questioning remark not a challenging statement.

No problem. I genuinely appreciate jb’s Information that he has shared and clarification of many points. I’ve been called worst.

Fair to point out that it was Polly who raised this thread when he was looking for more information and so far I've found the details interesting.
Don't stop now.

Roof of the stand has asbestos in it as does other bits of the stand so that makes removal & demolition a lot more complicated

Roof of the stand has asbestos in it as does other bits of the stand so that makes removal & demolition a lot more complicated

Its not the job it used to be. Get a load of travellers on it and it till be done in a morning and dumped down Colwick Park by opening time.