City Ground | Page 5 | Vital Football

City Ground

If they haven't said yes by the beginning of feb i suggest big M send some of his persuaders. Make them an offer they cant refuse.
I don't think for a minute that anything like that will be necessary. The city is desperate for a top class sports stadium. The current " main stand" is an embarrassment.

Trouble is it is Rushcliffe Borough Council not Nottingham that decide. Councillors in RBC would like to put guards on Trent Bridge to keep the Nottingham rif raf away.

I see that the Environment agency want to see planning refused. They are concerned about flooding apparently. Err I thought flood prevention was down to them or am I missing something.

They might be doing their job and preventing flooding by stopping a stadium being built?
Or at least a big car park or something. The water has to go somewhere and large expanses of concrete/tarmac don't help.

They might be doing their job and preventing flooding by stopping a stadium being built?
Or at least a big car park or something. The water has to go somewhere and large expanses of concrete/tarmac don't help.
How can replacing an existing structure and existing areas of tarmac with new have any possible impact on the water level of the river Trent? Environment agency= Not fit for purpose in my opinion, in this matter somebody is trying to justify their wages.

And just as a matter of interest they have also picked up the fact that there is a new substation and want assurances that in the event of flooding it wont presumably electrocute somebody. They must think that the project managers are as incompetent as they are in so many things. Like I said, somebody justifying their wages.

That's like saying building regulators/inspectors don't trust the competence of builders.

So...
Yeah.

I'm glad they are justifying their wages.

Its the creation of even more hard standing areas isnt it? The area is already susceptible and this argument is going nowhere.

And just as a matter of interest they have also picked up the fact that there is a new substation and want assurances that in the event of flooding it wont presumably electrocute somebody. They must think that the project managers are as incompetent as they are in so many things. Like I said, somebody justifying their wages.

There are secret plans in place to convert the sub station so that it levitates and rotates over the strip of land during times of heavy precipitation.

The secret plans have been lodged with Seymour Pierce along with compromising photographs of certain Councillors looking East.

Its the creation of even more hard standing areas isnt it? The area is already susceptible and this argument is going nowhere.
I hadn't noticed the cows grazing on the pasture between the existing main stand and the old Bridgford Hotel, silly of me, I must be getting old.

I hadn't noticed the cows grazing on the pasture between the existing main stand and the old Bridgford Hotel, silly of me, I must be getting old.

Are you suggesting the development wont create more hardstanding areas thus putting more pressure on an already tipping table?

Anyway, I remain totally calm whilst shaking like wor lass with the Latvian Tiler ratting in her pan. I AM privy to this JBACSTA, and you will bend that arthritic knee.

You do realise Mr Baxter that when you increase the hard standing surface, you are expanding the ability to "catch" water? Come on, its not that difficult not even for a Daily Mail reader like yourself.

Of course it's going to fucking flood, it's next to a fucking massive river, for fuck's sake.

Groundwater is a huge issue for any construction project, let alone a major one besides a river. That's not to say it's impossible, I'm not an expert and doubt anyone here is but numerous projects have been delayed or cancelled because of them, even when there's been significant investment.