City Gossip | Page 9 | Vital Football

City Gossip

I think the big difference I have seen is the speed of the passes and the ability to control them or pass on quickly, whereas earlier we were too slow and allowing the defence to reform. Now the number of counter attacks where we score goals is growing

I think the big difference I have seen is the speed of the passes and the ability to control them or pass on quickly, whereas earlier we were too slow and allowing the defence to reform. Now the number of counter attacks where we score goals is growing

Almost overnight the team of Vaughan, Prior, Howey and Taylor has morphed into a 22 legged groove machine!

Rave on!

I imagine that his style of management takes up an awful lot of energy, I guess it's how long he can go on being abe to recharge between seasons etc - hence the gap years on his managerial CV?

Unless between now and January say Ederson and Aguero were ruled out for the rest of the season - or some other unforeseen calamity were to occur?

Reports have it that Pep wanted Diaz to go and have a season at Girona, but Brahim wanted to stay and get into the City side. That was not going to happen and although the rumour is from a Spanish source I am sure Diaz will sign for Real Madrid and be the first name on the Team Sheet for years to come. (or maybe not)

They have to try and convince him to stay surely.
If he is going to RM according to rumour, and get a first team berth, then he should be kept by us.

They have to try and convince him to stay surely.
If he is going to RM according to rumour, and get a first team berth, then he should be kept by us.

We've tried by all accounts. I think Real's intention is to immediately send him out on loan.

Sad news that former City player and manager Johnny Hart has died aged 90
Met him a few years back at a supporters club evening with Ken Barnes and they accounts of their time at City were great to hear

Sad news that former City player and manager Johnny Hart has died aged 90
Met him a few years back at a supporters club evening with Ken Barnes and they accounts of their time at City were great to hear
I remember him taking the reins for a short while but he had heart problems then, but would have made a great Manager, I don't think I saw him play for City.

A sad loss indeed.

We've tried by all accounts. I think Real's intention is to immediately send him out on loan.

that is what we wanted to do, loan him out to Girona, but he declined and said he would fight for his place, I now believe that he had no intention of ever signing a new contract and this could be the biggest mistake of his career.