City Gossip | Page 10 | Vital Football

City Gossip

that is what we wanted to do, loan him out to Girona, but he declined and said he would fight for his place, I now believe that he had no intention of ever signing a new contract and this could be the biggest mistake of his career.

He's no doubt seen what young Jadon has done and thought to himself 'I'll have some of that' except that he will have thought it in Spanish. Who knows what if anything RM have said to him, but we can (literally) afford to let him go because we don't need him, we'll just go and buy someone else. What it says to other youngsters at the club is another matter, kids won't come to City wanting to break into the first team but instead look upon it as a finishing school before going on to play elsewhere.

that is what we wanted to do, loan him out to Girona, but he declined and said he would fight for his place, I now believe that he had no intention of ever signing a new contract and this could be the biggest mistake of his career.

I've seen it suggested that Real do give young players they send out on loan a chance with the first team when they return whereas we have yet to do that under the current regime. Time will tell if it works for him.

He's no doubt seen what young Jadon has done and thought to himself 'I'll have some of that' except that he will have thought it in Spanish. Who knows what if anything RM have said to him, but we can (literally) afford to let him go because we don't need him, we'll just go and buy someone else. What it says to other youngsters at the club is another matter, kids won't come to City wanting to break into the first team but instead look upon it as a finishing school before going on to play elsewhere.

I believe Sancho, or rather his advisers, always saw City as a finishing school, I suspect it was always there intention for things to play out the way they did.

I thought we were the ones 'ruining football?

"Manchester United players earning half a million more than Manchester City rivals"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46341672

I do have to wonder at what the headline would have been like had the situation been reversed. This is seriously under played by the BBC sports editorial team who should perhaps be questioning more forcibly how the rag players can justify their wages when they have been chronically underperforming for such an extended period of time.

According to Skoorb’s beloved Sky (:hehe:) we are “close to signing goalkeeper Zack Steffen from Columbus Crew”.
Do we need another keeper?

According to Skoorb’s beloved Sky (:hehe:) we are “close to signing goalkeeper Zack Steffen from Columbus Crew”.
Do we need another keeper?

What exactly do they mean by 'signing' - is it on loan or is it permanent and if so for how long and can he play with his feet? But it makes sense, don't want any Acadamecians littering the berti any more than can be helped.

City are taking some stick over the stop at Watford the other night. The train was not scheduled to stop at Watford but did so to allow, The guard in an off the cuff reply said that they had bought the train.

Commuters were livid, angry and the train had delayed their ability to attend important meetings.

however - apart from the train only being 4 minutes late at London.

A Virgin Trains spokesman said the extra stop had been announced a fortnight ago.
He said: "It was also shown on departure boards at the station and online."

Typical of the haters - pick up on a throwaway line from some member of staff on the train and make a federal case out of it. Smear job.

Oh the irony.......City’s achievements last season were widely dismissed as not quite being enough for the team to be regarded as one of the greatest sides the league has ever seen. Yesterday morning on Sunday Supplement there was a tweet stating:-

“If any team manages to beat City tothe title they must go down as one of the greatest the league has ever seen”

YCMIU

Oh the irony.......City’s achievements last season were widely dismissed as not quite being enough for the team to be regarded as one of the greatest sides the league has ever seen. Yesterday morning on Sunday Supplement there was a tweet stating:-

“If any team manages to beat City tothe title they must go down as one of the greatest the league has ever seen”

YCMIU

Citizen 'we will always be known as the Centurions'

YCMIU

You're comparing 'widely' with a single tweet - yes there is a degree of irony in that but is it not a small one? Not that long ago there was a radio programme where they were trying to decide the 'greatest' PL side ever and we were right there in the mix - probably on 5 Live - it was mentioned and commented upon on these forums.

The most common feeling is that back to back wins are what would seal it - the rags won three in a row and in '99 did the treble of European Cup, League title and one or other of the cups - I feel we are still a little short of that level of greatness despite my indifference to their achievements.

The whole thing about our achievements last season somehow not being recognised is at odds with what I encounter in the media - summed up by that tweet! People do hate us, probably because of the wealth at our disposal but I imagine part of them revels and delights in some of the football we play, a guilty pleasure...

Haven't watched it for a couple of years (parts of it make me cringe now), but will we be in with a shout of BBC team of the year tonight?

If not, why not?