City Gossip | Page 7 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Um, not sure about this. Maybe just leaving the poppy by itself, not really any need to lump supporting City in with remembrance for two World Wars. Actually it's pretty tasteless...

Um, not sure about this. Maybe just leaving the poppy by itself, not really any need to lump supporting City in with remembrance for two World Wars. Actually it's pretty tasteless...

All supporters can choose their club, City wear the poppy, I support those that lost their lives and those that were and are continually laying down their lives throughout the world because the Government of the day sends them into harms way. my Club will be sporting a poppy on their shirts the nearest game to The 11th November 2018, if you do find it tasteless then complain to the people who are offering these types of poppies Which is via the link.

If by selling these to football fans raises more money for the cause then I am all for it.

City’s poppy shirts go to auction after the match and raises thousands for the Poppy Appeal.

The British Legion do a fantastic job throughout the year, year upon year to find ways of raising money to support our Armed Forces and to help those in need.

Tasteless is someone who takes our lads and lasses for granted and never buy a poppy.

However it is your choice, but we all know why we get to have a choice...

Thanks Buzzer. I ordered a pin and 2 T-shirts, and will have my bro-in-law bring them at Christmas. A cause very dear to my heart, my BIL was stationed in Derry during the troubles, and he's still dealing with it. Put your life on the line for your country, and you have my undying respect and eternal thanks. He is the one saluting behind the Queen Mum.261881_10150695513065562_6207071_n.jpg

Last edited:
I bought an RAF version of the poppy badge this year for my youngest son who is currently serving in the RAF. If these versions of the RBL poppy pins continues to bring in funds to help them perform their role AND helps spread understanding of the debt that we owe to all those who have served and have given their lives for our freedoms then I support them wholeheartedly.

You know you're in a relegation battle when Big Sam is brought in to weave his magic.

Poor old Sparky, might be a post available at the Swamp before too long.

Big Sam will always find a home and the odd couple of Million to keep the wolf away from the door because he does keep teams up.