City Gossip | Page 15 | Vital Football

City Gossip

:mad: WTF?

Talk about taking the :censor: Someone at the BBC needs a good slap.

You know, actually the worst thing about this is not the clickbait, nor is it the piss-taking (although that is cheap), it us the shallow-mindedness of the bottom feeders that 'make a living' in the department that produced that. Instead of a positive headline highlighting the success of a young set of players in getting this far in the competition, instead of a piece which emphasizes the young (English) talent involved.......they chose to take the low road and pander to their hater constituents.

:guns:(I would have used the head exploding emoji but it is AWOL)

Last edited:
:mad: Since when has any PL club regarded the Checkatrade Trophy as part of their ambitions?

Talk about taking the :censor: Someone at the BBC needs a good slap.
As I think it’s been reported before, the BBC football editorial team is rag-led, so I’m not surprised.

Well fair play but it got only the briefest of mentions by the BBC this morning. Although they did mention the back to back games I felt it really did a disservice to Sunderland but also I reiterate that had that been a group of young rag players they would have been highlighting the “strength of the U*d youth system/academy” :blah:

Oh and you would think there was only one League Cup semi final according to the bbc. Barely mention the game tonight, only trailing the Spurs v Chelsea game, providing no coverage on the radio this evening (just as they did not provide commentary from Sunday’s game against Huddersfield).

To be fair, I think the commentary on Sunday was a TalkSport gig.

To be fair, I think the commentary on Sunday was a TalkSport gig.
That might explain it. Good call. I know they don't get the contract for broadcasting every PL game but I have noticed this before with the BBC......when they don't get the rights to broadcast something, they often ignore/fail to mention the event as if they were trying not to draw attention to it. When they lost the rights to show the FA Cup for a few seasons you would be excused for forgetting the competition was even taking place as they pointedly ignored it or only briefly mentioned it even on Football' Focus on the Saturday.

Sky do that with the Saturday 5:30 game, which is broadcast by BT Sport. You’d never know there was a game on - they completely ignore it.

Another nail in the coffin of the “my granny could manage that team” argument perhaps? Both cases where ex-pundits were parachuted into teams in the top divisions without learning the job at lower levels. Viera at least had experience with younger players before moving on to relative success with NYCFC and now at Nice where he seems to be doing ok.

Rotondo apparently photographed at Dusseldorf's MacDonald's eatery. Good lad! Eligible to perform against us in the next round of the CL. Don't fritter away the £11m Pep.

Matondo has joined Schalke for £11m. No idea if there is a buy back clause. Sell on clause almost certainly.

He joins the list of academy player who have left the club over past seasons and brought in £162m.

Deals for academy/young players from Manchester City over past three seasons:

Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester) £25.4m (20 City starts)

Brahim Diaz (Real Madrid) £21m (4 starts)

Angus Gunn (Southampton) £13.5m (0 starts)

Enes Unal (Villarreal) £12.7m (0 starts)

Jason Denayer (Lyon) £9.9m (0 starts)

Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) £9.1m (0 starts)

Pablo Maffeo (Stuttgart) £8.8m (3 starts)

Rony Lopes (Monaco) £8.8m (3 starts)

Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield) £8m (0 starts)

Karim Rekik (Marseille) £7.5m (1 start)

Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad) £5.8m (0 starts)

Angelino (PSV Eindhoven) £5.6m (1 start)

Olivier Ntcham (Celtic) £4.5m (0 starts)

Larry Kayode (Shakhtar Donetsk) £4.6m (0 starts)

Seko Fofana (Udinese) £4.2m (0 starts)

Bersant Celina (Swansea) £3.8m (1 start)

Rabbi Matondo (Schalke) £9.6m (0 starts)

Total: £162.8 million

Spending wisely is important but......

You can't spend it if you don't earn it. That is what FFP is all about. So ensuringhat you have a sustainable revenue stream is a vital part of the business of the club.

Spending wisely is important but......

You can't spend it if you don't earn it. That is what FFP is all about. So ensuringhat you have a sustainable revenue stream is a vital part of the business of the club.

You sound as though you are reading that from a statement you prepared earlier!

We have not always spent wisely - from Tess Daley, to Lee Badbuy and from Rocky to Eliaquim - when our history hasn't been littered with trophies it has always been strewn with discarded receipts!

No we haven't. In some cases they just don't cut it but I think we've more recently made much better acquisitions