City Gossip | Page 14 | Vital Football

City Gossip

MotD2.......completely failed to discuss or highlight the penalty that Marriner did not award yesterday. They also failed to mention Salah’s pathetic attempt to con the referee.

Hmmmm :hmmm:

That really is pathetic, not only because they're not highlighting the inconsistency in how the rules are applied to the title challengers but also that Marriner decision needs highlighting, it was awful, I know they're only human, we all make mistakes but that was next level bad and shows a basic lack of understanding of the game.

At least Sterling highlighted it.

That really is pathetic, not only because they're not highlighting the inconsistency in how the rules are applied to the title challengers but also that Marriner decision needs highlighting, it was awful, I know they're only human, we all make mistakes but that was next level bad and shows a basic lack of understanding of the game.

At least Sterling highlighted it.

The failure to even mention it was an utter joke. It was important and part of me thinks that they deliberately didn’t want to highlight any contrast between this incident and Salah’s pathetic, delayed reaction, ‘suddenly my super strong leg muscles give way’ topple the day before. Had they shown the foul on Sterling it would inevitably, I think, have led to a discussion about the soft penalties awarded to Liverpool since Christmas.

Can’t have that subject being raised can we? Sacrilege Hitting

Garth Crooks:-

“Since the start of the 2017-18 season, Manchester City's Ederson has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper (26).”

Can you imagine the fuss if this had been DeGea or Allison?

In respect of the decision by Marriner not to award a penalty.....

“Andre Marriner's decision not to award Sterling a penalty was so bad it was almost villainous.”

He is normally a gaseous windbag but he has at least called this correctly.

“Since the start of the 2017-18 season, Manchester City's Ederson has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper (26).”

“Andre Marriner's decision not to award Sterling a penalty was so bad it was almost villainous.”

The NFL at least showed us that the Prem isn't the only sport with shite refereeing.

Who are you calling a gaseous windbag?!

00toad.jpg

I think we were stitched up by the FA trying to get us to use our first team whichwould benefit Liverpool, sadly we have had to sacrifice the U21 team, but they have done well to get this far

They are young boys playing against some seasoned pros. Always a difficult ask but as the only PL u21 team left in the tournament their success should be lauded by the FA & media...... instead of ignored. If this achievement had been made by the rags or current favourites of the Footballing authorities there would have been wall to wall coverage.

They are young boys playing against some seasoned pros. Always a difficult ask but as the only PL u21 team left in the tournament their success should be lauded by the FA & media...... instead of ignored. If this achievement had been made by the rags or current favourites of the Footballing authorities there would have been wall to wall coverage.
They have done well and can be proud of themselves.
Im not too bothered as wouldn't rather a lower league club win it hopefully Bury

Last night on SSN, during the game when they were doing the periodic update from the ground, in fairness, the reporter kept stressing that it was a very, very young side, mentioning one lad was only sixteen.

Last night on SSN, during the game when they were doing the periodic update from the ground, in fairness, the reporter kept stressing that it was a very, very young side, mentioning one lad was only sixteen.

Well fair play but it got only the briefest of mentions by the BBC this morning. Although they did mention the back to back games I felt it really did a disservice to Sunderland but also I reiterate that had that been a group of young rag players they would have been highlighting the “strength of the U*d youth system/academy” :blah:

Oh and you would think there was only one League Cup semi final according to the bbc. Barely mention the game tonight, only trailing the Spurs v Chelsea game, providing no coverage on the radio this evening (just as they did not provide commentary from Sunday’s game against Huddersfield).