CITY BAN Manchester City banned from Champions League for two years and hit with £25m fine by Uefa | Page 4 | Vital Football

CITY BAN Manchester City banned from Champions League for two years and hit with £25m fine by Uefa

It may also depend on City, should CAS deliver their verdict/ruling, then City might take it further and appeal in the civil courts and in doing so get an injunction preventing UEFA from implementing the ban until the whole process from City has been exhausted.

Colin Savage says that UEFA may have rushed their procedure bearing in mind the 5 year rule which was due to expire (does that rule also exist within the FA because I have not seen anything to say that the FA is investigating other than they were keeping an eye on the UEFA proceedings) It could be anyone's guess how long the process could be.

It is also rumoured that City have been detailing the activities of other Clubs and may well produce this as evidence, Skoorb points out the Liverpool owner's connection with a business, Bayerns and Real Madrid being backed by the Spanish Government. This could run

It may also depend on City, should CAS deliver their verdict/ruling, then City might take it further and appeal in the civil courts and in doing so get an injunction preventing UEFA from implementing the ban until the whole process from City has been exhausted.

Colin Savage says that UEFA may have rushed their procedure bearing in mind the 5 year rule which was due to expire (does that rule also exist within the FA because I have not seen anything to say that the FA is investigating other than they were keeping an eye on the UEFA proceedings) It could be anyone's guess how long the process could be.

It is also rumoured that City have been detailing the activities of other Clubs and may well produce this as evidence, Skoorb points out the Liverpool owner's connection with a business, Bayerns and Real Madrid being backed by the Spanish Government. This could run
This WILL run Buzz.
From being despondent and depressed about it, I now believe City will fight this all guns blazing and I believe we will prevail.
As stated somewhere, we have more money than UEFA, they cannot afford for this to drag on indefinitely so I am convinced they will blink first.
BRING IT ON!

I have always wondered how New Balance were awarded the contract to supply LiVARpool's kit. They were the kit suppliers to the Boston Red Sox baseball team.......also owned by Fenway Group and John Henry 🤔

This never gets mentioned and yet what are the chances that this company would offer the best tender for the contract given the competition from Adidas, Nike etc......

Posted this in the West Ham MDT in reply to Skoorb (posts #56 #57 refer).

Thing that I note is that the journos as a whole are commenting favourably on UEFA's decision, yet the evidence used behind it won't be published until the CAS verdict.

Thing that I note is that the journos as a whole are commenting favourably on UEFA's decision, yet the evidence used behind it won't be published until the CAS verdict.

They are being given a very, very easy ride. I am sure briefings have been going on and all linked to the timing of the announcement last Friday.

My fear is that they are pandering to their favoured audiences who will lap this up uncritically and if an untruth is repeated often enough it gets accepted as reality and nothing - not even facts - will get through.

“The verdict is in, City are guilty” it seems. You only have to think on the sheep at clubs unconnected with Sterling were prepared to join in the booing to understand the bandwagon effect.

Perhaps the journalists are privy to information that we are not?

Sky’s MNF - Gary Neville very anti FFP and UEFA being a useless organisation. Does not agree that it is the right way to go, cited Bury’s demise as an example of what should be stopped and is aghast that proper investment in a club is penalised especially where it revitalises an area/town. Believes that City will win and thinks that suggesting a club could “invest slowly and catch Manchester United etc” is utter nonsense.

Well........

Whereas Jamie “Spit at children” Carragher has this view.....

UEFA will be desperate for Man City to get beat by Real Madrid, absolutely desperate. Can you imagine people from UEFA having to give the cup in Istanbul to a Man City player.
“The first question Pep would get asked after the game is it a fake win? They will be asked questions about the merits of the club and competition. They are in the competition now and if they win it, it will almost be tainted.
“It is the biggest thing any club team can win, but the things that will be thrown at Pep Guardiola five minutes later in a press conference and at his players will be should they be in the competition?
“I think for UEFA, they should have either took Man City out of the competition right now or left this decision until the end of the season.”

Whereas Jamie “Spit at children” Carragher has this view.....

UEFA will be desperate for Man City to get beat by Real Madrid, absolutely desperate. Can you imagine people from UEFA having to give the cup in Istanbul to a Man City player.
“The first question Pep would get asked after the game is it a fake win? They will be asked questions about the merits of the club and competition. They are in the competition now and if they win it, it will almost be tainted.
“It is the biggest thing any club team can win, but the things that will be thrown at Pep Guardiola five minutes later in a press conference and at his players will be should they be in the competition?
“I think for UEFA, they should have either took Man City out of the competition right now or left this decision until the end of the season.”
I think we have to understand that Jamie is passionate about his former club and let's say not the sharpest tool in the shed, so we should take his rantings with a pinch of salt.

T wrote earlier in the thread in reply to Skoorb 'It's Delaney, avoid at all cost'.
Skoorb also mentioned about journos being briefed, and what I will post later seems to back this up.

This is the current response available on the UEFA site, they state no further comment until the CAS verdict.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2638659.html

However, I came across this thread on Twitter late last night, and the thought that crossed my mind was, is it ethical?

Further down the thread