Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Eriksen out of the picture, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Delli play the 'playmaker'.

Definitely, you could see it in some phases in pre-season. Dele was trying to get on the ball and be the schemer.

I've said for a while that it might take Eriksen to vacate that central space to get the best out of Dele. He's been moved around so much over the years for club and country. In his last game for England against Switzerland he was my MoM, taking responsibility and being the instigator of our best moves.

Just wish we could get him fit again.

With Eriksen out of the picture, we’ll need better than Alli to replicate and surpass what a tuned in Eriksen can give us. I hope we go back to get Fernandes. Dybala may be out of reach.

For you and me, the good news is if we went back for Fernandes that would certainly spell the end for Lamela...

Juve are desperate to off-load Dybala in this window, they've got a week left to do it, if they don't, I'd bet money on us being back in for him in January.

Last edited:
For you and me, the good news is if we went back for Fernandes that would certainly spell the end for Lamela...

Juve are desperate to off-load Dybala in this widow, they've got a week left to do it, if they don't, I'd bet money on us being back in for him in January.

I’m in amazement that after six years of the regular rubbish he serves up, why Lamela is still here. If you tossed a coin and could choose which out of Fernandes or Dybala you could have, who would you go for and why?

Dybala as he is a true world class player.
Can play in the hole or as a right sided forward of a 3. Could also play up front on his own if Harry gets his seasonal ankle injury.

Moura? If pochettino would invest some time into him he's got x-factor that we need and MOURA is a big game player. So far Pochettino ISN't a big game manager.

I've got no problem with Moura, but if I had to trade him for Dybala or Fernandes that's a no brainer for me. We are just that strong nowadays that it would be a good player that would make way.

Inconsistent 27 year olds shouldn't be blaming their managers though. They need to look in the mirror and figure out why they haven't achieved greatness themselves.

I've got no problem with Moura, but if I had to trade him for Dybala or Fernandes that's a no brainer for me. We are just that strong nowadays that it would be a good player that would make way.

Inconsistent 27 year olds shouldn't be blaming their managers though. They need to look in the mirror and figure out why they haven't achieved greatness themselves.

I don't think Moura does blame his manager.

More rumours that Juve are going to make a move for him before Sunday.

I think they're media talk; it's absolutely not the move he wants.

Until Lo Celso is fully fit and able to start contributing, I suspect Poch thinks he has to - have to say, I wouldn't, he just looks barely half interested half time now.
As much as I have enjoyed seeing Eriksen since he has been with us I feel that having refused/ ignored a new contract trebling his income he is a bad influence on his team mates. The sooner he goes the better. If possible give him to Juventus now and we get Dybala in January. It could be very complicated but one must try to succeed.

I expect him to be played; as no matter who we do or don't buy, we'll want to try and start with a settled formation. Which makes perfect sense to me.

"I expect him to be played; as no matter who we do or don't buy, we'll want to try and start with a settled formation".

Why would Eriksen deserve a starting role based not only on his unforgivable performance against the Champions, but also his attitude and poor character, not just of late, but over the last 10 months?

Regardless if I was on the market, or whatever my situation, as soon as I pulled on that Lilly White, I and any self and club respecting human, would give his absolute best. If that was Eriksens' best, then good luck in Div 2 Christian.

What message does it send to the 10 others on the field that you'll be selected even if you show a poor attitude and play like dog turd.?
What message does it send to the bench when they trained their ass off only to sit and watch an ambling disinterested Eriksen wandering around?

I'm sorry, but I would not reward that little shit with anything other than a strong yet motivational talking to, and a nice spot on the bench. His position is reserved for someone who respects THFC and will play out of their skin.

Should he play for us anymore ?

No.

His true character has been revealed and its wanting.

Like I said in another thread, he must be fooling the selectors into picking him with brilliant enthusiastic training sessions.

Unforgivable performance and attitude against the League Champions should be rewarded with at least the bench, along with a counselling session.

I actually think Poch and Eriksen are two of the same.

Both disinterested and don't have the Clubs best interest at heart.

"I expect him to be played; as no matter who we do or don't buy, we'll want to try and start with a settled formation".

Why would Eriksen deserve a starting role based not only on his unforgivable performance against the Champions, but also his attitude and poor character, not just of late, but over the last 10 months?

Regardless if I was on the market, or whatever my situation, as soon as I pulled on that Lilly White, I and any self and club respecting human, would give his absolute best. If that was Eriksens' best, then good luck in Div 2 Christian.

What message does it send to the 10 others on the field that you'll be selected even if you show a poor attitude and play like dog turd.?
What message does it send to the bench when they trained their ass off only to sit and watch an ambling disinterested Eriksen wandering around?

I'm sorry, but I would not reward that little shit with anything other than a strong yet motivational talking to, and a nice spot on the bench. His position is reserved for someone who respects THFC and will play out of their skin.

I don’t think he played well on sat - but no one did (Hugo/toby/lamela aside)

His unforgivable performance still saw him out in for challenges than our 2 CMs

How about Harry? He was shit - was it unforgivable as well?

No.

His true character has been revealed and its wanting.

Like I said in another thread, he must be fooling the selectors into picking him with brilliant enthusiastic training sessions.

Unforgivable performance and attitude against the League Champions should be rewarded with at least the bench, along with a counselling session.

If we are going by Saturday - we will be starting with 3 players on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.